Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

39 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's what I had forecast Primavera will do (if it goes ahead) to make up for the inevitably inferior bill or to sweeten the pill.

Don't think the messaging is quite right though. Travel in September should be possible (after all there are flights landing today and that's at the peak of the pandemic!) but possibility of crowds remains a big hmm.

Lost + Found are offering the 40 euros for the 2021 version though, which is presumably a strong line up for them again, a 'back to normal' sort of thing, making the gesture even sweeter.

i doubt primavera would do a similar thing for its 2021, if that were to be the next PS 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

Lost + Found are offering the 40 euros for the 2021 version though, which is presumably a strong line up for them again, a 'back to normal' sort of thing, making the gesture even sweeter.

i doubt primavera would do a similar thing for its 2021, if that were to be the next PS 

True. They're not offering the 40€ of drinks to be nice (which probably will cost them about €20 in profit) but presumably as they are very cash squeezed and need some money in the bank now to tide them over.

Primavera is (hopefully) less cash-poor. Agree they prob won't do this for 2021 but instead I was expecting them to do this for August when it turns out they can't book Strokes, LDR, Tyler etc.

On a separate note, I've been looking into airlines. Some won't still be here this time next year. Ryanair looks about as likely to survive as it gets with a huge cash reserve. Plus the state-supported ones. Definitely wouldn't book via a niche airline.

Just now, xxialac said:

On a separate note, I've been looking into airlines. Some won't still be here this time next year. Ryanair looks about as likely to survive as it gets with a huge cash reserve. Plus the state-supported ones. Definitely wouldn't book via a niche airline.

agreed - i'm going to wait to the absolute last  minute before booking any flights for *coughs* august's Primavera. 

it'll cost a bit more of course, but at least i should know more about whether it's actually taking place. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

agreed - i'm going to wait to the absolute last  minute before booking any flights for *coughs* august's Primavera. 

it'll cost a bit more of course, but at least i should know more about whether it's actually taking place. 

Yeah, that's got to be the strategy. Same for all flights really. Every chance the rules will chop and change. There is also a risk the flight is open but even then they want to quarantine you for 14 days on arrival or similar.

People think Wuhan is now open but it's really not. Very, very tightly restricted still.

ps hope that cough was into your elbow!

8 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Nick Cave just pushed the entire tour to 2021 spring, after a few weeks ago it was pushed to 'sometime later this summer'

I think this is a sad preview of what's going to happen to Primavera and the rest of this year's festival/touring scene

Could still end up with Los Planetas and €200 of free drinks tokens : )

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, dabber7 said:

BST London in July cancelled. 

Full refunds given.

For British Summer Time, as with Roskilde it was simple, it can't be postponed until the Winter (there's a clue in the name for one). So it's not comparable although it's another positive as shows that refunds are the norm.

@JedTheHumanoid has already covered this and I agree. It is simply good business to refund and Primavera will refund.

There's still 2 months to go and Spain is in a state of emergency until April 26. They've now confirmed this will be lifted on that day. A big plus for the chances of August. And we will have an announcement then on Primavera's intentions and on tickets.

29 minutes ago, xxialac said:

For British Summer Time, as with Roskilde it was simple, it can't be postponed until the Winter (there's a clue in the name for one). So it's not comparable although it's another positive as shows that refunds are the norm.

@JedTheHumanoid has already covered this and I agree. It is simply good business to refund and Primavera will refund.

There's still 2 months to go and Spain is in a state of emergency until April 26. They've now confirmed this will be lifted on that day. A big plus for the chances of August. And we will have an announcement then on Primavera's intentions and on tickets.

Primavera translates as spring. 

• Like 1

If it goes ahead in August, I'm assuming we are broadly going to lose these names.

(Ouch)

• 100 gecs
  • AEAEA
  • Aurora Halal
  • Automatic
  • Beach Bunny
  • Big Freedia
  • BigKlit
  • Bikini Kill
  • Bill Callahan
  • Black Lips
  • Boy Harsher
  • Brittany Howard
  • Brock Hampton
  • Caroline Polachek
  • Chromatics
  • Cigarettes After Sex
  • Cuban Doll
  • Dave P.
  • DIIV
  • Dinosaur Jr.
  • DJ Shadow
  • Earl Sweatshirt
  • Faye Webster
  • Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
  • HEALTH
  • Helado Negro
  • Honey Dijon
  • Iggy Pop
  • Ivy Barkakati
  • Jamila Woods
  • Jawbox
  • Jeff Mills
  • Jessica Pratt
  • Joan Shelley
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Killavesi
  • Kim Gordon
  • King Princess
  • Kurt Vile
  • La Favi
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Les Savy Fav
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lila Tequila
  • Lingua Ignota
  • Maggie Rogers
  • Mariah The Scientist
  • Mavis Staples
  • OM
  • Pavement
  • Pile
  • Rapsody
  • Shellac
  • Sudan Archives
  • The National
  • The Strokes
  • Tyler The Creator
  • Weyes Blood
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Young Dolph
  • Young Thug
  • Beck
  • Paloma Mami
  • Akasha Kid
  • Duki
  • Las Ligas Menores
  • Arthur Verocai
  • Pabllo Vittar
  • Teto Preto
  • Blond:ish
  • Caribou
  • D. Tiffany
  • Desire
  • TOPS
  • Ela Minus
  • ISAbella
  • Pelada
  • Sangre Nueva
  • Los Hijos De Yayo
  • Koffee
  • Sonido La Changa
  • Bad Bunny
  • Ñejo

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If it goes ahead in August, I'm assuming we are broadly going to lose these names.

(Ouch)

• 100 gecs
  • AEAEA
  • Aurora Halal
  • Automatic
  • Beach Bunny
  • Big Freedia
  • BigKlit
  • Bikini Kill
  • Bill Callahan
  • Black Lips
  • Boy Harsher
  • Brittany Howard
  • Brock Hampton
  • Caroline Polachek
  • Chromatics
  • Cigarettes After Sex
  • Cuban Doll
  • Dave P.
  • DIIV
  • Dinosaur Jr.
  • DJ Shadow
  • Earl Sweatshirt
  • Faye Webster
  • Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
  • HEALTH
  • Helado Negro
  • Honey Dijon
  • Iggy Pop
  • Ivy Barkakati
  • Jamila Woods
  • Jawbox
  • Jeff Mills
  • Jessica Pratt
  • Joan Shelley
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Killavesi
  • Kim Gordon
  • King Princess
  • Kurt Vile
  • La Favi
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Les Savy Fav
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lila Tequila
  • Lingua Ignota
  • Maggie Rogers
  • Mariah The Scientist
  • Mavis Staples
  • OM
  • Pavement
  • Pile
  • Rapsody
  • Shellac
  • Sudan Archives
  • The National
  • The Strokes
  • Tyler The Creator
  • Weyes Blood
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Young Dolph
  • Young Thug
  • Beck
  • Paloma Mami
  • Akasha Kid
  • Duki
  • Las Ligas Menores
  • Arthur Verocai
  • Pabllo Vittar
  • Teto Preto
  • Caribou
  • D. Tiffany
  • Desire
  • TOPS
  • Ela Minus
  • ISAbella
  • Pelada
  • Sangre Nueva
  • Los Hijos De Yayo
  • Koffee
  • Sonido La Changa
  • Bad Bunny
  • Ñejo

It this really happens I would just ask for a refund and most of the people will. Reduced primavera won't happen imo. It will either be normal with some losses of course or It will be canceled

They can of course get a heap of high quality European names to replace most of those so not all is lost. But would still be lesser overall quality though. I dunno...by then I'd take anything.

I just don't see the North American bands committing to touring Europe. That for me was always the elephant in the room. Maybe Pavement will brave it (as was meant to be a one-off anyway).

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

(Ouch)

• 100 gecs
  • AEAEA
  • Aurora Halal
  • Automatic
  • Beach Bunny
  • Big Freedia
  • BigKlit
  • Bikini Kill
  • Bill Callahan
  • Black Lips
  • Boy Harsher
  • Brittany Howard
  • Brock Hampton
  • Caroline Polachek
  • Chromatics
  • Cigarettes After Sex
  • Cuban Doll
  • Dave P.
  • DIIV
  • Dinosaur Jr.
  • DJ Shadow
  • Earl Sweatshirt
  • Faye Webster
  • Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
  • HEALTH
  • Helado Negro
  • Honey Dijon
  • Iggy Pop
  • Ivy Barkakati
  • Jamila Woods
  • Jawbox
  • Jeff Mills
  • Jessica Pratt
  • Joan Shelley
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Killavesi
  • Kim Gordon
  • King Princess
  • Kurt Vile
  • La Favi
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Les Savy Fav
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lila Tequila
  • Lingua Ignota
  • Maggie Rogers
  • Mariah The Scientist
  • Mavis Staples
  • OM
  • Pavement
  • Pile
  • Rapsody
  • Shellac
  • Sudan Archives
  • The National
  • The Strokes
  • Tyler The Creator
  • Weyes Blood
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Young Dolph
  • Young Thug
  • Beck
  • Paloma Mami
  • Akasha Kid
  • Duki
  • Las Ligas Menores
  • Arthur Verocai
  • Pabllo Vittar
  • Teto Preto
  • Caribou
  • D. Tiffany
  • Desire
  • TOPS
  • Ela Minus
  • ISAbella
  • Pelada
  • Sangre Nueva
  • Los Hijos De Yayo
  • Koffee
  • Sonido La Changa
  • Bad Bunny
  • Ñejo

You could have saved yourself the time of writing that list and just said ... that if it goes ahead in August,  then we are broadly going to lose, all the bands that most people booked for.

• Upvote 1

The longer this goes on the less and less chance there is of the august plan actually happening and even less so with a lineup you’d expect for the cost of flights, accom and tickets

the tickets are the part im least worried about as theyre not overpriced, its our accomodation which is 3x more than the ticket price due to being booked at inflated primavera prices. Also comitted money to easyjet for rescheduled flights. They can be moved again i expect but already paid £££ 

Basically a nightmare scenario

Edited by Memory Man

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

(Ouch)

• 100 gecs
  • AEAEA
  • Aurora Halal
  • Automatic
  • Beach Bunny
  • Big Freedia
  • BigKlit
  • Bikini Kill
  • Bill Callahan
  • Black Lips
  • Boy Harsher
  • Brittany Howard
  • Brock Hampton
  • Caroline Polachek
  • Chromatics
  • Cigarettes After Sex
  • Cuban Doll
  • Dave P.
  • DIIV
  • Dinosaur Jr.
  • DJ Shadow
  • Earl Sweatshirt
  • Faye Webster
  • Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
  • HEALTH
  • Helado Negro
  • Honey Dijon
  • Iggy Pop
  • Ivy Barkakati
  • Jamila Woods
  • Jawbox
  • Jeff Mills
  • Jessica Pratt
  • Joan Shelley
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Killavesi
  • Kim Gordon
  • King Princess
  • Kurt Vile
  • La Favi
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Les Savy Fav
  • Lightning Bolt
  • Lila Tequila
  • Lingua Ignota
  • Maggie Rogers
  • Mariah The Scientist
  • Mavis Staples
  • OM
  • Pavement
  • Pile
  • Rapsody
  • Shellac
  • Sudan Archives
  • The National
  • The Strokes
  • Tyler The Creator
  • Weyes Blood
  • Yo La Tengo
  • Young Dolph
  • Young Thug
  • Beck
  • Paloma Mami
  • Akasha Kid
  • Duki
  • Las Ligas Menores
  • Arthur Verocai
  • Pabllo Vittar
  • Teto Preto
  • Caribou
  • D. Tiffany
  • Desire
  • TOPS
  • Ela Minus
  • ISAbella
  • Pelada
  • Sangre Nueva
  • Los Hijos De Yayo
  • Koffee
  • Sonido La Changa
  • Bad Bunny
  • Ñejo

I could be late to this but suddenly I’m finding the original line up poster difficult to find on any official PS platforms. I had a list of artists in the PS app which has been removed. 

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

They can of course get a heap of high quality European names to replace most of those so not all is lost. But would still be lesser overall quality though. I dunno...by then I'd take anything.

I just don't see the North American bands committing to touring Europe. That for me was always the elephant in the room. Maybe Pavement will brave it (as was meant to be a one-off anyway).

That would become a totally different festival, aimed at a different target audience, so I think they will just announce a normal line up to try to sell some more tickets and then they will wait for the final cancellation by the government

I've tried to be as positive as humanly possible about August going ahead but all the latest, most recent scientific advice including a piece this morning from the University of Bonn points to ANY mass gatherings where people linger as being high risk. Infections are not made in restaurants and supermarkets but at sports events, parties at ski resorts...and festivals.

Confidence is ebbing away, not just in August but for May 2021. No Olympics next year too, based on the emerging scientific findings.

We seem to be reliant on functioning vaccines as our only 'exit strategy'.  I suppose the vaccine could still mutate and weaken or a successful treatment could be found. But hope is fading. Could Primavera 2022 be the next edition? Will any festival promoter even survive? How will anyone working in the music industry make ends meet? God, it's bleak...

Edited by xxialac

I said that a few days ago, this year no shows at all, and also looking bad for spring 2021. Music industry / mass gathering are pretty much the last piece in the chain to get allowed to go on. Everything will need to be totally stopped, before governments allow for smaller gatherings, bars, restaurants, club shows, etc etc..test the waters a bit, and then decide that its OK again to put 70,000 people in one place in a big field or parking lot. Its a long long way til we get there. 

The current process that we're all in is buying time so that the virus can be properly managed. By that I mean building up testing and tracking resources so that our societies and economies can start to open up again, and further outbreaks can be controlled and contained. Our economies can't stand being in lockdown forever, and when the reproductive rate drops, politicians won't be able to resist loosening controls. How that affects live music and events is all about the timing.

My best guess is still that the festival won't go ahead in August, next guess is a smaller one with European names. Just forget about the US artists, that's completely fuxxored. But feeling ok about it taking place next year. if they offered me the chance to push my ticket to next year I'd take it over attending this year, and take the hit on apartment/flight cancellation.