Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It includes Kurt Vile who is ruled out. And I see more chance of the pope playing the adidas stage than Lana Del Rey coming.

Conversely I am confident LDR will be announced as well as the other artist previously booked for porto. Then as previously said, her eventually coming is a different story. No idea about strokes I hope they replace them with Lil uzi vert lol 

Though, how much risk is governments willing to take? I think unfortunately 2020 festival season is gone (I still keep my hotel soft booking for August though)

Btw - referring to a previous discussion - an interesting article on CNN yesterday on ´immunity passports´, might be a ticket into normality on international travel etc. By exposure, or by vaccine.  https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/health/immunity-passport-coronavirus-lockdown-intl/index.html

28 minutes ago, puckno said:

Though, how much risk is governments willing to take? I think unfortunately 2020 festival season is gone (I still keep my hotel soft booking for August though)

Btw - referring to a previous discussion - an interesting article on CNN yesterday on ´immunity passports´, might be a ticket into normality on international travel etc. By exposure, or by vaccine.  https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/health/immunity-passport-coronavirus-lockdown-intl/index.html

It is an interesting idea but can't see it having any bearing on the fest. No way there is will be an internationally agreed standard this calendar year, let alone by August, nor enough tests being performed. So a certificate won't be the means to travel although not to say travel won't be allowed (I think it will be).

Looks like Spain is - as was inevitable - extending the lockdown until the end of the month but the mortality rate is now falling or at least stabilising. I think this is what gives PS2020 its only hope (and it's a slim one, I agree).

Edited by xxialac

Well I would not underestimate the wish for international travel and tourism to flourish again, governments will push back due to safety, though the business world pressure for normalising things will be large. So I do not think it is far fetched to believe in a standard this calendar year, just like the yellow fever certificate. I personally do think this might have a bearing for the fest in 2021, this august is more or less out of reach anyway imho

47 minutes ago, puckno said:

Well I would not underestimate the wish for international travel and tourism to flourish again, governments will push back due to safety, though the business world pressure for normalising things will be large. So I do not think it is far fetched to believe in a standard this calendar year, just like the yellow fever certificate. I personally do think this might have a bearing for the fest in 2021, this august is more or less out of reach anyway imho

I totally agree it could have a bearing for next year. 

What we are seeing at the moment is a lack of global coordination. The opposite in fact, with countries acting purely in their own interests.

The pressure to get people on planes back in proper numbers again will be great but getting a certificate that is globally accepted based on a universally accepted test, that is going to take a lot of time. This year? I can't see it.

Plus at the rate the UK for example is testing, everybody that wants a test in August won't even be able to get one. The capacity looks like it will be able to handle low single digit millions.

Just speculating but perhaps they will use weak proxy measures at the airport initially like checking temperatures, using thermal scanners, getting people to have a doctor's note that they are in good health, making people wear masks or asking people to self-quarantine the other side.

The airlines can't be mostly grounded all year or it become too expensive for government. The other problem governments face is that airlines make most of their money from transatlantic routes so there will be pressure to open up more of these routes (which conversely you could see as a positive for the festival...)

+Chromatics

Edited by xxialac

More people died in the U.K. in their latest figures than in Spain’s latest numbers. And their infection rate has risen the lowest since the start of the crisis.

Spain is getting a handle on this and the U.K. has spectacularly failed to learn from the lessons of Spain and Italy. I’d be more hopeful of any mass gatherings happening in Spain in August/September than in the U.K. 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

More people died in the U.K. in their latest figures than in Spain’s latest numbers. And their infection rate has risen the lowest since the start of the crisis.

Spain is getting a handle on this and the U.K. has spectacularly failed to learn from the lessons of Spain and Italy. I’d be more hopeful of any mass gatherings happening in Spain in August/September than in the U.K. 

Did you hear Spanish 1st minister yesterday speech? I wouldn’t be so optimistic...