Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

22 minutes ago, daveje said:

Here in the Netherlands they've just extended our lockdown till end of April, and the situation isn't as serious here as in Spain. You can bet Spain's restrictions will go past April 11th.

Sure it will, yes.

Spain is a good few days ahead of Netherlands though so even though more serious situation in Spain, it should be the peak in Spain within the next week and then would expect to ease in Spain, whereas at that point Netherlands will be yet to peak.

Edited by xxialac

The US incidentally is even further behind. According to their latest modelling, even if Americans follow the proper distancing measures, the virus won't recede until about July 1st.

It looks like even if this thing goes ahead, the headliners will have to be almost totally different to the current ones.

2 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Condal Mar just cancelled my booking made after Ohjesus gave us the scoop. Thought I was being clever not booking one of the hotels right across the street, lol.. so much for that 

anyone have any luck getting them to honor the original booking or nah? 

Ah dammit. Sorry to hear that. 

so far so good with the diagonal zero, but I guess they could pull it at any minute. In previous when I’ve stayed there they’ve always honoured our ridiculously early bookings - sometimes we’ve even re-booked it (With no deposit) for the next year while still at the festival as soon as they announce the dates and before prices went up. 

but, of course, these are strange times. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Condal Mar just cancelled my booking made after Ohjesus gave us the scoop. Thought I was being clever not booking one of the hotels right across the street, lol.. so much for that 

I’m a Melia member the last ten years and I still couldn’t get the bastards to honour my booking, very sharp practice on their part. 
Considering pissing in their pool.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bobhoward said:

I hope I won't jinx it, but so far no bad news from Hotel SB Diagonal Zero (that actually is right across the street).

Also same. I get the impression (or am clinging to the hope) that they went with a different hotel this year so the booking will be valid.

On a separate point preying that Spain has a lower fatality count at some point this weekend and can start to turn a corner, as Italy has done.

Edited by xxialac

On a festival note, Tomavistas (40 bands, Madrid) has announced for the week after the new Primavera date. 90% of bands already confirmed to roll over (but very few US bands on the original lineup).

Imagine now that Primavera will start at least with a high % of carried-forward names albeit the North American ones will drop away (and potentially completely).

Barcelona's mayor, Ada Colau, said on Friday (today) that major summer festivals, La Mercè and other mass events such as music festivals "are surely going to be the last things to clear." Speaking to RAC1, Colau said they were in "permanent" contact with the Primavera Sound, which was rescheduled for late August . "Hopefully this can be done at the end of the summer, just like the rest of the festivals," he added, though he emphasized that events with high concentrations of people would "be the most complicated" of authorizing past full confinement. .

"The last sign of normality will be when we can do massive events like these," he said. In fact, Colau has been convinced that there will be a "long transition phase" between total confinement and resuming day-to-day activities. "It will be months," he said. He also acknowledged that some transitional limitations would "be certain" during the transition phase, although he did not believe that this would be "definitive".

I'm being glass half full about this...(probably just in a good mood as Dinosaur Jr appear to have signed up to August)

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Let's rebuild that poster PART II

The following are now confirmed:

- Caribou
- Squarepusher
- Les Amazones d'Afrique

+Cigarettes after Sex 

+Pavement

+Yo La Tengo

+ Girl In Red

didn't think we'd get Girl in Red since she is playing Reading on the 29th, but she does have herself playing on the 27th...that's good to see for one artist i really was looking forward to...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I was sold on going this year the moment Pavement were confirmed so them reconfirming is enough for me! Fingers crossed other American artists follow suit (and then the festival happens, and then the American acts are actually allowed over...)

yeah, i've been so on the fence with these new dates - i rebooked a hotel (soft book) when we were given a heads up, but end of August seems still too soon to me.  Then knowing pavement are going i'm pretty sure i will, but my daughters both have their hearts set for two US artists (LDR and The Strokes) and chances on both confirming will be slim i think.  If Bauhaus, YLT, JaMC and Massive Attack confirm then i'm leaving them home...

1 minute ago, jaredean said:

yeah, i've been so on the fence with these new dates - i rebooked a hotel (soft book) when we were given a heads up, but end of August seems still too soon to me.  Then knowing pavement are going i'm pretty sure i will, but my daughters both have their hearts set for two US artists (LDR and The Strokes) and chances on both confirming will be slim i think.  If Bauhaus, YLT, JaMC and Massive Attack confirm then i'm leaving them home...

YLT and JaMC have also confirmed. Bauhaus and Massive Attack are in the very likely category. I think your daughters will end up disappointed I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

YLT and JaMC have also confirmed. Bauhaus and Massive Attack are in the very likely category. I think your daughters will end up disappointed I'm afraid.

well YLT,  Pavement and Cigs < Sex are all from the US so there's still hope...