Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Dear Customer,

Following your reservation, we inform you that, due to the exceptional situation we are right now, we have suffered a technical failure and we cannot confirm your stay at our facilities.

All of our facilities are confirmed for the organization of the Festival and we cannot accommodate more bookings.

We are very sorry for this situation and we want to communicate this to you as soon as possible so that you can carry out your corresponding actions before August.

By our side, we offer the possibility of staying at our TRYP Barcelona Airport hotel part of Melia Hotels International group, keeping the same booking conditions and with a daily transport service (times to be determined).

Please contact us if you want to confirm at the TRYP Barcelona Airport facilities.

On the other hand, we inform you that your reservation policy is flexible, that is, if you cancel now, you have no cancellation fees.

We are very sorry about the caused inconveniences and thank you for your trust in Melia Hotels International.

Guest Experience Department

"Technical failure"

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

If the Coachella model is anything to go by, the smaller acts are the most likely to be flexible and want to find a way to play. Squid are definitely touring then, guess Primavera just hasn't got round to contacting all the bands.

Also wouldn't it be booked with their booking agency not the band themselves.

If this is the case then it is shameful from Primavera to expect people to change their plans at such short notice without the organisers even knowing who will be available. 

I'm hoping the hotel I booked (Hotel BestPrice Diagonal) after the tip off on here doesn't cancel. If they do then I reckon I won't be attending this year. 

Either way, I don't reckon the festival will happen. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

If this is the case then it is shameful from Primavera to expect people to change their plans at such short notice without the organisers even knowing who will be available. 

I'm hoping the hotel I booked (Hotel BestPrice Diagonal) after the tip off on here doesn't cancel. If they do then I reckon I won't be attending this year. 

Mine was the Hotel Barcelona Condal Mar, hope it works out for you. 

14 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

It's not unreasonable to get the assurances off the bigger bands first. For me, it's not shameful not to have contacted a band who weren't even playing the three main days of the festival. The Primavera booking team is pretty powerful and bands are very keen to play.

And is it short notice? Feels like they were really quick to get the show back on the road if anything?  There was a crowd of 120,000 in the streets of Madrid only 3 weeks ago...

Edited by xxialac

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not unreasonable to get the assurances off the bigger bands first. For me, it's not shameful not to have contacted a band who weren't even playing the three main days of the festival. The Primavera booking team is pretty powerful and bands are very keen to play.

And is it short notice? Feels like they were really quick to get the show back on the road if anything?  There was a crowd of 120,000 in the streets of Madrid only 3 weeks ago...

I understand your points and the difficulty for the organisers but I think you're being very kind to Primavera and their organisation. 

It is definitely short notice. It'll be even shorter by the time that the line up and refund information is announced. 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

I understand your points and the difficulty for the organisers but I think you're being very kind to Primavera and their organisation. 

It is definitely short notice. It'll be even shorter by the time that the line up and refund information is announced. 

Yeah, you're probably right. Possibly giving them too much benefit of the doubt. There are definitely a wider set of stakeholders to consider than just the fans.

42 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

A few weeks ago I messaged Squid on Facebook asking if they knew anything about the festivsl being postponed. Yesterday they messaged me saying theyr aren't sure. Given that PS themselves have announced the changed dates, I assume this means Squid are unlikely to still be playing. 

squid are playing paredes de coura one week before

7 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Booking. Com

I'd contact them, they're very good at finding you alternative accommodation and they will pay the difference if it is more. For example I had a boat stay booked for the June dates which cancelled on me which was 500 euros for the 4 nights. Booking.com offered me a few alternatives that weren't suitable due to the distance front the venue. Anyway, they finally offered that I could book a room for up to 1100 euros for the 4 nights and they would make up the difference between the cost of the original booking and the new one. 

Well worth asking them. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DDave said:

I'd contact them, they're very good at finding you alternative accommodation and they will pay the difference if it is more. For example I had a boat stay booked for the June dates which cancelled on me which was 500 euros for the 4 nights. Booking.com offered me a few alternatives that weren't suitable due to the distance front the venue. Anyway, they finally offered that I could book a room for up to 1100 euros for the 4 nights and they would make up the difference between the cost of the original booking and the new one. 

Well worth asking them. 

Cheers D

Just reflecting on the possible line up. In case it goes on I am confident that Pavement, Tyler LDR bad bunny beck will be there. Likely also the European bands such as Bauhaus Massive attack JAMC... 

The difficult ones to get are probably the Strokes (but I don't think they would drop a Primavera booking with the new album to promote), the national, brockhampton and young thug, Kacey musgraves. Maybe also iggy pop and bikini kill. 

It would make sense for acts smaller than these just to adapt

Edited by whos3000

I wouldn't get your hopes up about any of the previously booked US acts appearing.

Everyone needs to remember that for most of them Primavera was just a stop off in a season of multiple festivals across Europe, and one rescheduled fest (that may not happen anyway) may not be worth rebooking flights, rehearsing, hiring crew, and flying over for if they can't find a way to do shows around it. We can occasionally convince ourselves otherwise with the hype that goes on in this thread, but Primavera isn't of the status of something like Coachella – it's simply just another Euro festival for most of these bands.

More likely it'll be made up of EU acts and the US acts that are playing Green Man/End of the Road.

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about any of the previously booked US acts appearing.

Everyone needs to remember that for most of them Primavera was just a stop off in a season of multiple festivals across Europe, and one rescheduled fest (that may not happen anyway) may not be worth rebooking flights, rehearsing, hiring crew, and flying over for if they can't find a way to do shows around it. We can occasionally convince ourselves otherwise with the hype that goes on in this thread, but Primavera isn't of the status of something like Coachella – it's simply just another Euro festival for most of these bands.

More likely it'll be made up of EU acts and the US acts that are playing Green Man/End of the Road.

Would upvote this 100 times over. Plus there are added visa issues and the additional cost of travelling from further away.

I'm assuming IF it goes ahead there will be zero US/Canadian bands, given what is going on. If there are any at all, I will see that as unexpected upside. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Everyone seems to be assuming that EOTR and Green Man are still gonna happen...

Mostly in the context of the likelihood of Primavera happening.

The UK is behind the curve of Spain so could see events in Spain before in the UK, very likely in fact.

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Would upvote this 100 times over. Plus there are added visa issues and the additional cost of travelling from further away.

I'm assuming IF it goes ahead there will be zero US/Canadian bands, given what is going on. If there are any at all, I will see that as unexpected upside. 

Don't agree with this. You don't postpone it unless you aren't sure you can offer a line up comparable to the original one. So their plans haven't changed a lot. People wouldn't go to a 150-200 euro festival if you give them kraftwerk instead of pavement!

Then what will eventually happen because of cancellations is a different story... But if they go on planning it they do it as big as before 

Secondly the dates are already 2 with Porto. If you consider the artists also have to reschedule the other headline dates of their tours, then it's possible  

Edited by whos3000

5 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Don't agree with this. You don't postpone it unless you aren't sure you can offer a line up comparable to the original one. So their plans haven't changed a lot. People wouldn't go to a 150-200 euro festival if you give them kraftwerk instead of pavement!

Then what will eventually happen because of cancellations is a different story... But if they go on planning it they do it as big as before 

Secondly the dates are already 2 with Porto. If you consider the artists also have to reschedule the other headline dates of their tours, then it's possible  

Primavera can't even make a statement about tickets. Do you think they have a guarantee regarding the lineup? Lol

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

I didn't say they wouldn't *try* and get the big North American bands, it's that they need to be realistic and securing these names is going to be very hard - potentially impossible. 

This is not just about the touring schedules, this is about the reality of a lingering global pandemic and devastated aviation industry.

The European bands are likely to be so much more flexible plus if the pandemic eases globally they can get bands that were already planning to tour in August like Caribou, Pixies etc.

One thing that wouldn't surprise me is if they end up being forced to scale it back. Through the reality of the situation, not any lack of desire. Can imagine they might e.g. give people tokens for drink/food as compensation for the reduced lineup and in proportion.