Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, Orens said:

Gabi's on RPS in 10 minutes, until 12PM (Barcelona time)

I hope he gives some hints for some names who will be playing. When are we expecting the poster to be out? Rumours swirling around about Beck, Massive Attack and Frank Ocean. Can't wait to be there in June!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Was putting a brave face on it but hints that postponement (no dates mentioned) is also a possibility. Mentioned that hotels would change bookings which I thought was quite revealing.

Don't get why he is playing with hints. Couldn't care less about the hype now. If you are not ready to make a statement then just don't speak 

Edited by whos3000

9 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Poor guy, he isn't informed properly, need to read more this forum, nobody told him Primavera is now in August... :)

I know critical thinking isn’t your thing but could it occur to you that he doesn’t want to announce a postponement and then have to disappoint people. So they are going about it very carefully and checking it is a realistic plan (against a complex and evolving global pandemic situation) before confirming it?

And the Frank Ocean suggestion was a joke about this feeling like Groundhog Day obviously.

Edited by xxialac
  • Downvote 1

There is also another reason to play the ´everything will go on as planned´ game:  to let government - and not the festival itself - to cancel, and thus get away financially (and save future festivals) with the force majeure clauses, relieving the festival from contractual obligations with bands, venues, audience etc. As has happened with other festivals lately. I still have hopes for an August edition though.

1 minute ago, whos3000 said:

Don't get why he is playing with hints. Couldn't care less about the hype now. If you are not ready to make a statement then just don't speak 

lol, people will complain if he doesn't say anything either. I think it's fine that he comes with a statement that they are planning on going on as planned, but that's something he can't control. It's still over two months, but don't get your hopes up with this statement. 

3 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

maybe "hint" wasn't the best word, the situation is so up in the air that it's hard for them to say anything for defo. moving the festival to a later date is an option for them for sure.

If he wanted not to disappoint  fans he would announce cancellation sooner then later...most hotels have policy of refund to specific date ( mine up to 5th may and only 50% , after that nothing ), given that we have almost 3 months to festivals and hope that we will have hot April and May most probably option that festival indeed will go as planed and this corona lunacy will be behind us

1 minute ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

If he wanted not to disappoint  fans he would announce cancellation sooner then later...most hotels have policy of refund to specific date ( mine up to 5th may and only 50% , after that nothing ), given that we have almost 3 months to festivals and hope that we will have hot April and May most probably option that festival indeed will go as planed and this corona lunacy will be behind us

good luck with that

2 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

And this is the reason why people should have travel insurance when you order a travel so many months ahead.

11 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Completely deluded. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, riseupandkill said:

not really an expert (surprise!) but we were looking to get some for later in the year and loads doesn't cover CV19-related things now. Read some news reports that basically said it's not worth buying at the moment 

Ah, I understand. Buying a travel insurance now doesn't make sense now, since the problem is already here and that's why the insurance won't cover it anymore. My travel insurance cover travels that was made before 12/3, so I'm safe if it this won't take place.