Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Which hotel? Expedia are currently letting me move my flights free of charge, which is nice.

Nearest one to fest is diagonal zero. Princess is also good but I think there’s also a Hilton or similar just up the way. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Would be such a luxury to be based at the Diagonal Zero. Out of adversity...

Can highly recommend the Hilton. Managed to get lucky in 2016 and got a twin room for 300 quid. Lovely gaff. Vincci Bit and Condal Mar are very good too.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

Just now, DDave said:

Can highly recommend the Hilton. Managed to get lucky in 2016 and got a twin room for 300 quid. Lovely gaff. Vincci Bit and Condal Mar are very good too.

Yeah, agree and I made it there once. There are some incredibly comfortable hotels near the Forum (incredibly expensive too normally).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ohjesus said:

It’s a uk music promoter. Reliable enough for me to reserve a hotel opposite the fest site (that’s non payable till arrival) that’s gonna treble in price if they do announce  a lineup worthy of PS has been achieved. Fingers crossed but obviously it could all come to nothing in which case we cancel the hotel. 

flights however, are sadly a loss 

Booked a free cancellation apartment near the Forum, thanks a bunch!

The princess hotel seemed to be $220+ that August weekend, while the Hilton, etc are cheaper. 

wonder if it does get postponed if they’ll still do extra stuff at the Apolo? Will take what we get at this point. Fully confident that they’ll put together a great program if the postpone. Maybe less big names which may turn out to be great 

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/03/lollapalooza-postpones-south-american-festivals-due-to-coronavirus/

The Strokes will still be around till the end of the year at least. Think most of the upper part if the line up will stay the same if the dates are moved. w*nk for me as I'm on holiday then (although just up the road near Perpignan) so could sneak out for a night, I'm sure the other half wouldnt notice! 

10 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Before I do this and move the booking potentially pouring more money into something I'm now kinda downhearted about. How sure are we this postponement is happening? 

Please nobody do anything that costs. All I’ve done is booked stuff that’s pay on arrival with the option of cancelling right up to the day before. I’ll book new fights once postponement is confirmed. 

as I am lead to understand it, those dates are reserved by PS as plan B, but of course, plan B just might not work out - for myriad reasons. 

1 hour ago, pipan said:

Rooms at the Hotel Princess are no longer available for the new dates (the dates before and after are still available).

Well that gives some extra credibility to the rumour.

First bit of good news in a very long time (though I remain sceptical they can pull off this logistical nightmare)

12 minutes ago, Damon said:

Thanks I just booked in the SB Diagonal Zero for cheaper than my original booking in the vincci bit, hopefully this turns out to be true!

Same here - new booking at the Diagonal Zero (fully refundable) and it is even cheaper than the original one that required 20 minutes of walking to get to the Parc del Forum.

I really hope they can make it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pipan said:

Same here - new booking at the Diagonal Zero (fully refundable) and it is even cheaper than the original one that required 20 minutes of walking to get to the Parc del Forum.

I really hope they can make it.

The only issue now is my partners holidays getting approved as most of her colleagues are already off! Surely they'll accept the extreme circumstances.