Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

I'm starting to think if the main festival does get cancelled they might run smaller gigs in the city as an alternative? I suppose it depends how bad things get but it might make sense if the festival gets cancelled due to the majority of bands not wanting to risk travelling.

10 minutes ago, duckula said:

I'm starting to think if the main festival does get cancelled they might run smaller gigs in the city as an alternative? I suppose it depends how bad things get but it might make sense if the festival gets cancelled due to the majority of bands not wanting to risk travelling.

I’d be cool with that 

Really depressing turn of tone here. None of this is in our hands (except that we need to keep those clean in order not to spread the virus any further) so I’d suggest we’d go back to the fun part about the festival. I’ll start myself by telling you guys I saw diiv this week and how that was a pretty darn good show. Great build up and the heavier songs (doused, Blankenship, dust) were really loud and intense. Really happy I went: one overlap less or a the choice to go see them again

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rhak said:

Really depressing turn of tone here. None of this is in our hands (except that we need to keep those clean in order not to spread the virus any further) so I’d suggest we’d go back to the fun part about the festival. I’ll start myself by telling you guys I saw diiv this week and how that was a pretty darn good show. Great build up and the heavier songs (doused, Blankenship, dust) were really loud and intense. Really happy I went: one overlap less or a the choice to go see them again

No point getting excited if it doesn't happen though? Better to be disappointed now and surprised later than to kid ourselves.

5 hours ago, chilirocker said:

I think Coachella will be the big indicator, if it is completely cancelled then I would say Primavera probably won't happen, as I think bands would start making the choice to pull dates for the immediate future. I just hope there is some good news in terms of a potential vaccine or cases starting to drop in the next couple of weeks. 

Unfortunately I read earliest a vaccine would be would be next year. Need to do plenty of testing first. My June is full of live music events... Primavera, HellaMega and Glastonbury. 2 months into the virus and not even at peak, so at least another 2 to go. 

5 hours ago, Madz said:

Not coronavirus related because I feel like the festival will still go ahead, but does anybody know how I can sell the tickets I've bought? I got them early on, not thinking about financial responsibility...but now I'm humped ha. I got them through the primavera site/their ticket seller - Redtkt, which has instructions on how to put them back out there, but this option doesn't exist when I log in. And I can't use DICE because I didn't buy them through DICE. 

Any past experiences and information with this would be useful. Cheers

try this

https://www.ticketswap.com/event/primavera-sound-2020/6c943a32-c2da-4acd-8360-c1ab9fd76f5e

• Upvote 1

I've changed my mind and now feel it's going to be cancellation after cancellation until it becomes apparent that this thing simply cannot be contained and we can't stop living our lives as humans. 

This turnaround in thinking happens the day before Primavera have to make their decision. Potentially quite a few North American bands have already cancelled but at least we still get to walk through those gates and it's still a fecking great time.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

I've changed my mind and now feel it's going to be cancellation after cancellation until it becomes apparent that this thing simply cannot be contained and we can't stop living our lives as humans. 

Its gonna get worse, much worse, before we get to that. People who need hospital treatment do so after having been sick for two weeks, it takes so long time to develop to deep pnenoumia, so people get fooled right now on most not being very sick. And we are only in the initial spread.

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

SXSW and Coachella will almost certainly be cancelled.

Summer festivals will probably be fine.

Primavera I'm expecting to be a half way house, with a lot of bands cancelling but it going ahead on a reduced basis.

I think the main issue with primavera will not be bands cancelling, but the health authority not allowing events with dozens of thousands of people.

Such ban will be imposed (if it hasn't already, many countries did, not sure about Spain), it's only a question if it will be removed early enough. I'm not optimistic, once you do something like that, it's very hard to go back unless the numbers go close to zero. 

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

3 minutes ago, Dubkeith said:

Some communication from Primavera would be helpful at this point. Seems crazy that they keep posting reminders about the ticket price change when most people are looking at the elephant in the room.

Don't agree. What can they possibly say beyond the bland 'we are monitoring the situation closely'...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

SXSW and Coachella will almost certainly be cancelled.

Summer festivals will probably be fine.

Primavera I'm expecting to be a half way house, with a lot of bands cancelling but it going ahead on a reduced basis.

Wouldn't make sense for the bands to progressively cancel only parts of their tour and not the whole thing? The events being canceled for now were all supposed to be held in March /early April if I am not wrong. If I were a USA band with an impending tour I would cancel my March dates and I would wait for the following ones.