Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

28 minutes ago, rfnd91 said:

Can Somebody help  me with the VIP -1. what's he benefits?

2.Is it worth it?

3.Do you a close area near the Main Stages as was in Mad Cool 2018 or  just a platform?

4.Does VIP tockets have different enterance?

I will relly appriciate if you can answer me....

1 The benefits are explained on the PS website.

2 This is subjective. It depends how much you value the benefits.

3. Close area + platform for two main stages

4. Yes

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes, almost. Well it's a big area which means you can arrive late and still be in the front. But part of the front is also non-VIP. Half/half.

Ok great.

and another question - Do they tend to make alerts reagearding tickets on social media? when tickets close to sellout in some days...

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not really, overall it has slowed down, and pretty much levelled off now, see the chart in the bottom right here:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

it's accelerating in Europe because most countries have only had their first confirmed cases this week. several european countries still don't have any cases. so the only way is upwards, ie. "accelerating".

in China, confirmed cases have levelled off, and recovered cases keeps on climbing. there's now about 50% of cases have recovered.

it'll get worse in Europe over the next 2 weeks because there's so few cases that it can pretty much only get worse.

in a few weeks it's highly likely that this will be contained, and cases will be dropping in all european countries.

I meant that the pace of this in *Europe and the US* it was accelerating (not in other parts of the world). Those are the regions that are most relevant. China is far less relevant to Primavera.

I don't think it will be *sufficiently* contained in a few weeks. Primavera is in only 12 weeks and they need to decide to cancel in advance, which is why I'm far from confident.

Plus this may be an issue of perception. If American bands perceive it is too risky and pull out then that is the death knoll for the festival.

After all, American companies pulled out of a big Barcelona conference a few weeks ago, despite there being no cases in Barcelona/Spain at that time.

Basically it could easily go either way and extremely hard to call at the moment.

Edited by xxialac

47 minutes ago, rfnd91 said:

Do they tend to make alerts reagearding tickets on social media? when tickets close to sellout in some days...

Yes, this year they warned about VIP tickets almost being sold out a few days before they sold out.

Edited by puckno

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I meant that the pace of this in *Europe and the US* it was accelerating (not in other parts of the world). Those are the regions that are most relevant. China is far less relevant to Primavera.

I don't think it will be *sufficiently* contained in a few weeks. Primavera is in only 12 weeks and they need to decide to cancel in advance, which is why I'm far from confident.

Plus this may be an issue of perception. If American bands perceive it is too risky and pull out then that is the death knoll for the festival.

After all, American companies pulled out of a big Barcelona conference a few weeks ago, despite there being no cases in Barcelona/Spain at that time.

Basically it could easily go either way and extremely hard to call at the moment.

There is still no one register confirmed case of corona in usa....

4 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

There is still no one register confirmed case of corona in usa....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/02/29/coronavirus-live-updates/%3foutputType=amp

loads of confirmed cases and now a death 

(and in any case you misunderstood my point was that Americans were pulling out of events in Europe even when there weren’t any/were barely any cases in that country)

Edited by xxialac

On 2/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Still pretty baffled as to why Girl Band arent on the line up, considering they are playing festivals the same weekend as Primavera Sound. Hopefully they will on the Hidden Stage.

Do we have any idea what time Blawan is likely to play? Of course its mostly guess work at this stage but a late night Blawan set would be incredible.

I've got a good feeling about Girl Band joining Hidden. You're right, they seemed nailed on to be there.

Also on reflection, can imagine Matt Berninger might do a secret set on the Weds rather than the National do a High Violet set. His new album should be out around the time of Primavera and would be a good way to promote it.

16 hours ago, rfnd91 said:

Can Somebody help  me with the VIP -1. what's he benefits?

2.Is it worth it?

3.Do you a close area near the Main Stages as was in Mad Cool 2018 or  just a platform?

4.Does VIP tockets have different enterance?

I will relly appriciate if you can answer me....

just wanted to give you a little insight into my VIP experience in '16 and '19...i bought because i brought my 2 children and they are both quite short and i was glad i did.  Yes, you get a separate entrance and have a pass that lets you into some separate lounge areas with better bathrooms.  The VIP sections at both of the main stages are sort of like a 1/16 of the total area that is blocked off specifically for VIP holders.  You have a separate line to get into these areas and it is pretty easy to get close on most bands (major bands take a little more effort - like waiting up to an hour or so before)...

Here is a picture i grabbed from the Boy Pablo set where you can see my kids and I standing at the front of the VIP section (orange jacket kid and uninterested on her phone kid).  You will notice there is a railing around the whole thing and it is pretty deserted.  The other side was packed.

1424537414_boyPabloprimavera.thumb.png.8f38abfdea589caf7618bb3544c4653f.png

The other VIP "area" at a stage is the Primavera stage and it is kind of a letdown - very far back and to the left of the stage.

You can see on this map the VIP areas in yellow:

https://i.redd.it/hyd8mnbo1zz01.png

42 minutes ago, jaredean said:

just wanted to give you a little insight into my VIP experience in '16 and '19...i bought because i brought my 2 children and they are both quite short and i was glad i did.  Yes, you get a separate entrance and have a pass that lets you into some separate lounge areas with better bathrooms.  The VIP sections at both of the main stages are sort of like a 1/16 of the total area that is blocked off specifically for VIP holders.  You have a separate line to get into these areas and it is pretty easy to get close on most bands (major bands take a little more effort - like waiting up to an hour or so before)...

Here is a picture i grabbed from the Boy Pablo set where you can see my kids and I standing at the front of the VIP section (orange jacket kid and uninterested on her phone kid).  You will notice there is a railing around the whole thing and it is pretty deserted.  The other side was packed.

The other VIP "area" at a stage is the Primavera stage and it is kind of a letdown - very far back and to the left of the stage.

You can see on this map the VIP areas in yellow:

https://i.redd.it/hyd8mnbo1zz01.png

That other VIP area isnt for Primavera stage its area for chilling to grab  food or drink  use wifi and decent clean toilets and to relax big bonus is that it has nice view of Primavera stage :)

there is also vip area at the bits with pool but I have never been there, seem little pointless

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

2 hours ago, jaredean said:

Thx @jaredean. This info is really helful and useful.

"major bands take a little more effort - like waiting up to an hour or so before" - How does it possible, beacuse accroding the clasfinder there is only 5-10 mins between acts.

Do you mean that you need to miss some acts in the second main stage in order to get in?

Does Primavera Stage is the third stage in the hierarchy?

Edited by rfnd91

Even the primavera vip areas at a very few occasions get full. If there are two main acts consecutively at two stages you might not be able to get over to the other stage and still get a good vip area slot. E.g. when Radiohead was playing I lined up one hour ahead to get a good spot. And the lines were long already then. If you walked up to the vip area entry like 10 minutes before you wouldn´t get in (I suppose). Depends also how up close you want to be within those vip areas. Good spots in front tend to be taken early on big names. You might then have to invest to be there like 20-30 minutes ahead, and then skip the act on the other stage by this commitment of waiting. For the early evening names there are no issues though.

1 hour ago, puckno said:

Even the primavera vip areas at a very few occasions get full. If there are two main acts consecutively at two stages you might not be able to get over to the other stage and still get a good vip area slot. E.g. when Radiohead was playing I lined up one hour ahead to get a good spot. And the lines were long already then. If you walked up to the vip area entry like 10 minutes before you wouldn´t get in (I suppose). Depends also how up close you want to be within those vip areas. Good spots in front tend to be taken early on big names. You might then have to invest to be there like 20-30 minutes ahead, and then skip the act on the other stage by this commitment of waiting. For the early evening names there are no issues though.

I mean not to get a vey good spot at the VIP are but at least get inside?

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yep - I think they are more likely to cancel well in advance rather than last minute - I don't know how it all works financially, insurance etc but probably to cover themselves on lots of fronts.

Of course I pray this doesn't happen.

I see France are banning gatherings of 5000+ ...but only for indoor events. Hoping the outdoor nature of most of Primavera might be a saving factor if it comes to it.

After flying to Austin for Levitation in 2016 and having it cancelled the *night before* !?! ...I really don't need another major fest cancellation in my life. Although tbf I did end up having one of the best weekends ever anyway in Austin with the hastily rescheduled /  fest they put together. :D 

31 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Yep - I think they are more likely to cancel well in advance rather than last minute - I don't know how it all works financially, insurance etc but probably to cover themselves on lots of fronts.

Of course I pray this doesn't happen.

I see France are banning gatherings of 5000+ ...but only for indoor events. Hoping the outdoor nature of most of Primavera might be a saving factor if it comes to it.

After flying to Austin for Levitation in 2016 and having it cancelled the *night before* !?! ...I really don't need another major fest cancellation in my life. Although tbf I did end up having one of the best weekends ever anyway in Austin with the hastily rescheduled /  fest they put together. :D 

Yes! Hopefully the fact that it’s outdoor should help. Plus it’s far too premature to be worrying about this I think. Don’t want to jinx it but surely festival season can’t be cancelled entirely hah

edit: I’m not making light of this, I’m just petrified at the thoughts of it being called off 

Edited by Hannah990

Wouldn't canceling the whole festival at this stage be a nightmare when it comes to calculating the benefit/risk ratio, at this stage? I mean they would already loose a lot of money,despite insurances. 

I think they will try to save it as much as they can. If in April Spain is substantially impacted by the virus I would say we are in danger. 

As for the American bands, I don't know. Could they pull out just because of misperception? I think it's not in the interest of LDR, Pavement or Strokes to loose this date. 

• Like 1