Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Regarding the Coronavirus, until today I didn't think it was going to happen but I live in Switzerland and today the Swiss Federal Council ordered that all upcoming public events above 1'000 attendees are forced to being cancelled until March 15 at least. So maybe we are not safe from a festival cancellation in Europe.

32 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

oh my god we're 3 whole months away from festival season....... chill

I’m in favour of chilling generally but this is a very real risk and crazy to deny it. 3 months is not a long time. Stuff is getting cancelled and the pace of this is accelerating, not slowing down.

Edited by xxialac

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I’m in favour of chilling generally but this is a very real risk and crazy to deny it. 3 months is not a long time. Stuff is getting cancelled and the pace of this is accelerating, not slowing down.

I don't want this to be cancelled since I'm travelling for it but the cancellation of festivals isn't properly what concerns me about this virus. 

Still pretty baffled as to why Girl Band arent on the line up, considering they are playing festivals the same weekend as Primavera Sound. Hopefully they will on the Hidden Stage.

Do we have any idea what time Blawan is likely to play? Of course its mostly guess work at this stage but a late night Blawan set would be incredible.

I'm planning to visit Primavera for the first time.

A few quetions - 1.What the concept of the festival? i have understood that it takes place in some venues at the same time.

For exmaple, is it possible that on Friday, june 5, The Stokes, Lana, Beck and Manel will appear in two venues? 

2. How many stages does the fesitval has?

3. How far is the site from the city center? how tough is after get a taxi from there to city center? 

4. Is it recommnded to book an hotel in a walking distance?

5. What is the benefits of the VIP? is it worth it? does it inclues a close area (like they used to have in Mad cool in 2017-2018)

6. Any tips for recomnded accomndation?

It will be really helpful if you can answer to me....

Edited by rfnd91

12 minutes ago, rfnd91 said:

I'm planning to visit Primavera for the first time.

A few quetions - 1.What the concept of the festival? i have understood that it takes place in some venues at the same time.

For exmaple, is it possible that on Friday, june 5, The Stokes, Lana, Beck and Manel will appear in two venues? 

2. How many stages does the fesitval has?

3. How far is the site from the city center? how tough is after get a taxi from there to city center? 

4. Is it recommnded to book an hotel in a walking distance?

5. What is the benefits of the VIP? is it worth it? does it inclues a close area (like they used to have in Mad cool in 2017-2018)

6. Any tips for recomnded accomndation?

It will be really helpful if you can answer to me....

1. The concept is simple. Primavera try to book the best musicians possible. All finances are funneled into getting the best line up that they can.The reason PS regularly has the best bill in Europe is because their attention is focused 100% to the line up. Most of the sets take place on multiple stages at Parc Del Forum.

2. There are over 10 stages at Parc del Forum. In addition to this multiple sets take place in venues elsewhere in the city. For more insight into this, I'd recommend looking at previous clashfinders.

3. Parc del Forum is well over an hours walk from the city centre (Placa de Catalunya etc) but still very much in the city. Getting taxis after the festival ends at 4am or so is tricky, but not impossible.

4. I definitely recommend booking somewhere to stay within walking distance.

5. VIP is sold out. It provides you with cheaper drinks and access to the closest area of the crowd at the main stages. I've never attended as a VIP so I'm sure others can advise you more than I can on this one.

6. Accommodation is hard to advise on as is highly subjective but the basic aim is to get a nice place, as close to the site as possible.

17 hours ago, endymion said:

Regarding the Coronavirus, until today I didn't think it was going to happen but I live in Switzerland and today the Swiss Federal Council ordered that all upcoming public events above 1'000 attendees are forced to being cancelled until March 15 at least. So maybe we are not safe from a festival cancellation in Europe.

Dont worry about it. They have a plan.

covid.JPG

• Upvote 1

With all due respect, I think you are wrong. Bill Gates are spending a lot on time and his money on viruses these days, and he place this coming pandemic somewhere between the influenza pandemic in 1957 and the spanish flu in 1918 with respect to fatality risk, based on numbers we see so far, where treatment capacity is still available. A capacity which is only due to the aggressive containment and cancellation strategy. With respect to SARS we have 10 times as many confirmed cases in only a quarter of the time. It has up to 3 weeks incubation time (as compared to regular influenza with 48 hours), and it is between 10 and 20 times as deadly as regular influenza. No wonder WHO and all other governmental bodies take this very seriously. The last thing we need is anti-movements and alternative facts to go on the agenda. https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/How-to-respond-to-COVID-19

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, puckno said:

With all due respect, I think you are wrong. Bill Gates are spending a lot on time and his money on viruses these days, and he place this coming pandemic somewhere between the influenza pandemic in 1957 and the spanish flu in 1918 with respect to fatality risk, based on numbers we see so far, where treatment capacity is still available. A capacity which is only due to the aggressive containment and cancellation strategy. With respect to SARS we have 10 times as many confirmed cases in only a quarter of the time. It has up to 3 weeks incubation time (as compared to regular influenza with 48 hours), and it is between 10 and 20 times as deadly as regular influenza. No wonder WHO and all other governmental bodies take this very seriously. The last thing we need is anti-movements and alternative facts to go on the agenda. https://www.gatesnotes.com/Health/How-to-respond-to-COVID-19

I told you in may corona will be past.....you can barricade yourself in home if that helps you to sleep :) 

Italian national research council :

DATA on corona: “the infection, according to the epidemiological data available as of today and based on tens of thousands of cases, causes light/moderate symptoms (a variant of flu) in 80-90% of cases. In 10-15%, there is a chance of pneumonia, but which also has a benign outcome in the large majority of cases. We estimate that only 4% of patients require intensive therapy.”
if you have sensitive lungs just take lots of vitamin c

You will be fine...

Where can I sell my ticket por favor?

I know about ticketswap like the best way but bank account of my country is not acceptable for this site.

Do you know about similar safe site and will new buyer needed copy of my ID for this year? 

Edited by raduz

1 hour ago, raduz said:

Where can I sell my ticket por favor?

I know about ticketswap like the best way but bank account of my country is not acceptable for this site.

Do you know about similar safe site and will new buyer needed copy of my ID for this year? 

On 2/28/2020 at 2:21 PM, Glenn Coco said:

I’m looking to sell my vip. Seems like redtkt marketplace is no longer a thing for primavera?

Dice.fm is the ticket re-selling marketplace this year I think.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, xxialac said:

not really, overall it has slowed down, and pretty much levelled off now, see the chart in the bottom right here:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

it's accelerating in Europe because most countries have only had their first confirmed cases this week. several european countries still don't have any cases. so the only way is upwards, ie. "accelerating".

in China, confirmed cases have levelled off, and recovered cases keeps on climbing. there's now about 50% of cases have recovered.

it'll get worse in Europe over the next 2 weeks because there's so few cases that it can pretty much only get worse.

in a few weeks it's highly likely that this will be contained, and cases will be dropping in all european countries.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

in a few weeks it's highly likely that this will be contained, and cases will be dropping in all european countries

I will take note of this statement and revisit ... 🙂 It is also interesting to see your high belief in chinese numbers!

Edited by puckno