Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

10 hours ago, yaniv297 said:

Honestly I don't think they're even competing that much. Primavera remains a festival focused on indie/"quality" acts, even the big headliners aren't usually just commercial music. Mad Cool is more conventional, commercial options. Look at their headliners this year - Kings of Leon, 21 Pilots, Mumford and Sons, Taylor Swift, The Killers, Major Lazer - I don't really see any of those as a potential Primavera booking. 

Bon Iver and The National headlined this thing last year, as well as dozens of non-headlining acts (some are shared with PS and some are on the bill on the previous/following one). It is a competition regardless of the other headliners, but in 2020 I could definitely see both festivals try to book headliners such as Billie Eillish (unavailable during Primavera), The Strokes (as mentioned earlier), Disclosure (played a DJ set in MC19), Beck, Pavement, Faith No More, Massive Attack, etc.

The Roskilde lineup is looking great. Think this is exactly what everyone was hoping the top line of Prima would look like.

I think placing their festival right at the start of July puts them in a really good place to catch all the artists coming through Europe throughout the summer. Really makes me believe Prima has done a great job getting headliners as good as they have after seeing how other festivals have ended up.

image.png.ed3ec546768345829c7a7aa8221f6eda.png

4 minutes ago, MikeyRolo said:

Electronic Festivals saying J.E.S.u.S are confirmed for this (link below), can't find them on the official page anywhere. Any chance this is true or just a cock up by EF?

https://www.electronic-festivals.com/DJ/jesushttps://www.electronic-festivals.com/DJ/jesus

Probably in the Rayban Studios /Warehouse, whenever that lineup is announced?

3 hours ago, Gnarler said:

The Roskilde lineup is looking great. Think this is exactly what everyone was hoping the top line of Prima would look like.

I think placing their festival right at the start of July puts them in a really good place to catch all the artists coming through Europe throughout the summer. Really makes me believe Prima has done a great job getting headliners as good as they have after seeing how other festivals have ended up.

image.png.ed3ec546768345829c7a7aa8221f6eda.png

I like thom yorke but he has already been touring this show the last summer. If he asks that much as the high position on this poster suggests, I get why PS didn't book him. 

Edited by whos3000

1 minute ago, whos3000 said:

I like thom yorke but he has been already touring this show the last summer. If he asks that much as the high position on this poster suggests, I get why PS didn't book him. 

Kacey Musgraves is a relative nobody in Europe. 

Thom Yorke is the voice of Radiohead.

I don't think it's unreasonable that he puts himself at Kacey's level in a European context.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Kacey Musgraves is a relative nobody in Europe. 

Thom Yorke is the voice of Radiohead.

I don't think it's unreasonable that he puts himself at Kacey's level in a European context.

You are right. But you need Kacey Musgraves, Bad Bunny or Disclosure to widen your target, while you don't need Thom Yorke (already toured) set if you have already, for example, Massive Attack. I am not interested in seeing Disclosure but I understand why they have invested money on them instead of Thom Yorke. 
Thom Yorke would have been a great bonus, but not someone I would give Massive Attack or other top tier headliners for. 

Edited by whos3000

2 hours ago, whos3000 said:

You are right. But you need Kacey Musgraves, Bad Bunny or Disclosure to widen your target, while you don't need Thom Yorke (already toured) set if you have already, for example, Massive Attack. I am not interested in seeing Disclosure but I understand why they have invested money on them instead of Thom Yorke. 
Thom Yorke would have been a great bonus, but not someone I would give Massive Attack or other top tier headliners for. 

Yes but I don’t quite understand.

Thion Yorke is only second line at Roskilde, alongside Deftones and Thomas Helmig. If anything he’s undervalued here.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, pipan said:

I think there's not quite enough time for this. If I remember they'd have to play twice in one day to fit it in, given their other tour dates.

But Thom Yorke, Damon Albarn etc...could be, could be.

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think there's not quite enough time for this. If I remember they'd have to play twice in one day to fit it in, given their other tour dates.

But Thom Yorke, Damon Albarn etc...could be, could be.

Last time I was checking their dates, they could play a secret show on Wednesday (also the official playlist points to Wednesday). Hope still lives. :)

Just now, pipan said:

Last time I was checking their dates, they could play a secret show on Wednesday (also the official playlist points to Wednesday). Hope still lives. :)

Ah you're right, would be a huge stretch though. They can't play at the same time as JAMC and they can't play in the mid-afternoon (they'd be flying in the morning so not enough time to set up ) so I can't quite see when. Maybe at 11/12pm in town somewhere like BARTS? But what if their plane is delayed? It all seems a bit risky...

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Ah you're right, would be a huge stretch though. They can't play at the same time as JAMC and they can't play in the mid-afternoon (they'd be flying in the morning so not enough time to set up ) so I can't quite see when. Maybe at 11/12pm in town somewhere like BARTS? But what if their plane is delayed? It all seems a bit risky...

what about after JAMC at forum? Never caught one of these surprise sets so how does it work? Do they announce them some time before or do they happen out of nowhere? 

Edited by whos3000

2 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

No more VIP full festival tickets

I just got paid today and went to buy one they're gone! I went on festicket yesterday and they had over 25 available when I checked last night. Do you reckon they will release some more VIP at a later date? 

Just now, Amsy said:

I just got paid today and went to buy one they're gone! I went on festicket yesterday and they had over 25 available when I checked last night. Do you reckon they will release some more VIP at a later date? 

I don't think they ever have in the past but inevitably some people will change their plans and you'll be able to buy one in the secondary market