Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Didn't know about that. Big Chinese contingent for that though. 

The vast majority of the big corporates that pulled out and caused the cancellation were from outside China. Primavera similarly couldn't go ahead if the non-Spanish bands and fans stayed away. 

Still optimistic that by June things will be better but it's hard to predict.

50 % are you out of your mind ? Like your logic puckno :) either I bang lana del rey or I wont, does that gives me 50% likelyhood ? I dont think so 😕   There is no way that festival in europe will be cancelled because of corona, only festivals that are being cancelled are chinese new years and festivals in asia around China ( btw death rate from corona is lower then death rate from seasonal flu )...only in some serious zombie apocalypse scenario it will affect Europe but then primavera will be last of our concern

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

4 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

50 % are you out of your mind ? Like your logic puckno :) either I bang lana del rey or I wont, does that gives me 50% likelyhood ? I dont think so 😕   There is no way that festival in europe will be cancelled because of corona, only festivals that are being cancelled are chinese new years and festivals in asia around China ( btw death rate from corona is lower then death rate from seasonal flu )...only in some serious zombie apocalypse scenario it will affect Europe but then primavera will be last of our concern

https://www.dw.com/en/italy-cancels-venice-carnival-amid-coronavirus-crisis-third-person-dies/a-52488725

Not a music festival, but a festival nonetheless...

Yes, I think you have a 50% chance, she will say yes or she will say no. Anyway... I think you are wrong. The famous carnival in Venezia just got cancelled. I thing a lot of stuff will be cancelled in the months to come, and it might take a few quarters before it all will normalise, both with respect to fear and to actual spread of the virus.

50 minutes ago, daveje said:

Festivals are already getting cancelled, I wouldn’t rule it out. 

Saw of one festival in Thailand that Foals were meant to be playing, although the band are still going ahead with shows in Singapore and Japan from this weekend.

Spain having relatively fewer cases mean its in an OK place for now, but I'm aware the arrival of a large cluster in Italy is easy to cause a bit of anxiety about the whole thing. But I'd leave it a few months yet before the question has to be asked in earnest.

8 hours ago, puckno said:

Yes, I think you have a 50% chance, she will say yes or she will say no. Anyway... I think you are wrong. The famous carnival in Venezia just got cancelled. I thing a lot of stuff will be cancelled in the months to come, and it might take a few quarters before it all will normalise, both with respect to fear and to actual spread of the virus.

Venice carnival has been canceled because there are some cases of infection in the region which has just started to spread last week. The measures the governement took are of course temporary to prevent the infection to spread further. If Primavera gets canceled because the virus stays around that long, that would really be our last concern 

10 hours ago, jaredean said:

Don't take Italy as an example...there is a mass psychosis here. My work is closed for (at least) a week but I live 10 mins from Slovenia where everything is going on regularly. 

22 hours ago, portobelloroad said:

I posted a question a couple of months back about taking a toddler/child to Primavera.

Johndenis, Etaish, Quadrophobia, xxialac, Rico-Pliskin many thanks for all of your replies and kind words, which came at a good time for me personally as I digested the imminent changes!

I did see someone with a toddler strapped to them last year but I think on reflection it’s a ridiculous idea, especially when I think about the bits of the festival I’ve loved and trying to stubbornly recreate these, like carrying a pram down to the Adidas stage etc.  Reluctantly time to let go!

Does anyone have any information about when/if the safe marketplace is likely to start?

I’ve emailed Primavera and redtkts but haven’t heard anything from them.

We’ve already taken a hit on the hotel and flights we had booked so really keen to sell the tickets.

I’m looking forward to enjoying the festival vicariously through reading everyone’s experiences!

You're making the correct decision.  I have a Glastonbury ticket and got a fair buzz when I saw the Primavera poster, and tried to work out if I could attend a day or 2.  But as a dad of 2 I have to pick my battles now.  So no Primavera for me either. Congrats again on the parenthood.

4 minutes ago, duckula said:

First case of Coronavirus just hit Catalonia...

Yep.

My fear is not that there are so many actual cases that the festival has to be cancelled but that even with just a few the authorities err on the side of caution and close down large gatherings (or US bands cancel all their tours).

But with a full 4 months still to go, I’m remaining upbeat.