Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

9 hours ago, jaredean said:

Jamie xx was added when Frank Ocean cancelled...

I know he was a real last minute replacement due to Frank’s team being so shit at communicating that he wouldn’t be there, but this one really stung. As much as I like Jamie xx, he’s just not in the same ballpark. Hoping we don’t have any similar situations this year. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know he was a real last minute replacement due to Frank’s team being so shit at communicating that he wouldn’t be there, but this one really stung. As much as I like Jamie xx, he’s just not in the same ballpark. Hoping we don’t have any similar situations this year. 

Totally agreed.

They did once get Skepta in as a replacement for Migos at incredibly short notice, just a day, which was pretty impressive

12 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Is there really any chance for such big names to be added at this point ? I really don't think so...best we can hope is few good names for heineken stage but there will be nothing spectacular 

They won't add "big" names like Yann Tiersen, imo.

But I guess some kind of 20th birthday celebration shows are planned in cooperation with their main sponsors.

Primavera Sound once again has the support of Heineken, SEAT and Pull & Bear as fundamental strategic partners, with a participation that will include significant novelties that we will reveal over the next few months. adidas Originals will also be present at our 20th anniversary, deepening its commitment to the urban scene, as well as Desperados, Aperol and Lotus that continue to support Primavera Bits that continues to expand.

10 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Lana del Rey cancelling would indeed be good news. I don't understand why big festivals bother booking artists that are well known for being weak live acts. 

The Friday really need some strong additions. As it stands now I am almost tempted at doing something else in Barcelona that night. 

Just a crazy idea... What if you tried to explore the undercard and not rely the day's quality on its headliners? ;)

Edited by diogozsz
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Just a crazy idea... What if you tried to explore the undercard and not rely the day's quality on its headliners? ;)

Haha that is definitely a good idea, I have listened to pretty much all the artists that are listed for the Friday. I rarely see any headliners at Primavera. 

The ones I wanna see on Friday are Tropical Fuck Storm, Fontaines DC, King Gizzard and Lightning Bolt. Also Chaqueta de Chandal, Amaia, Beach Bunny and Arthur Verocai looks like alternatives. I just feel the Friday is lacking in big draws for me but I mainly value noise, guitars, shoegaze etc. 

On 2/19/2020 at 9:41 PM, jaredean said:

i don't know, there have been some pretty "spectacular" bands on the Heineken Hidden Stage in the past for sure:

31358076_10156358856318156_3927658720728711168_o.thumb.png.533091fa9ca065913d3749da97449f18.png

This is an image before 2018 was announced (which included Ride!) and can't remember all of 2019, but i saw Swervedriver perform and it was pretty great...drawback is that hidden stage needs some better ventilation - freaking hot! 

The Peaches gig inside that weird stage was one of the best things I've ever seen.

That list is so massively indie-heavy. Shows how much they’ve diversified over the years.

I’m glad they’ve opened Hidden up to all. If I remember there was a time where to be sure of getting in you had to be at the gates at opening and then even run to the area where they were giving out tokens.

20 hours ago, xxialac said:

That list is so massively indie-heavy. Shows how much they’ve diversified over the years.

I’m glad they’ve opened Hidden up to all. If I remember there was a time where to be sure of getting in you had to be at the gates at opening and then even run to the area where they were giving out tokens.

Yeah, it was great to get out of that garage or whatever it was, getting the stage out in the open air.

I remember missing out on the Lush-gig in 2016, because the tickets 'sold out' pretty fast. Learning our lesson, we arrived at the gate at opening hours to get tickets for Bob Mould. One of the funniest moments of the entire festival was experiencing all these 30/40-something indie dudes (my friend and myself included) sprinting from the entrance to get to the tickets stand 😄

Edited by mortand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mortand said:

Yeah, it was great to get out of that garage or whatever it was, getting the stage out in the open air.

I remember missing out on the Lush-gig in 2016, because the tickets 'sold out' pretty fast. Learning our lesson, we arrived at the gate at opening hours to get tickets for Bob Mould. One of the funniest moments of the entire festival was experiencing all these 30/40-something indie dudes (my friend and myself included) sprinting from the entrance to get to the tickets stand 😄

Last year hidden stage was absolute  shithole... 

59 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Last year hidden stage was absolute  shithole... 

I liked it:                                                                                                                                                             Relaxed atmosphere at the earlier gigs (Piroshka, Aliment) and some great late night gigs (Swervedriver, The Comet Is Coming) who were indeed very loud and a bit overcrowded.

Edited by frankburns

1 hour ago, frankburns said:

I liked it:                                                                                                                                                             Relaxed atmosphere at the earlier gigs (Piroshka, Aliment) and some great late night gigs (Swervedriver, The Comet Is Coming) who were indeed very loud and a bit overcrowded.

I would maybe liked if I was naked with gas mask...the place smelled worse then those portable toilets outside and there was no ventilation...I really hope they put back hidden stage somewhere in open

11 hours ago, mortand said:

Same here, but I was training for a marathon that year, so I had an unfair advantage ;)

• Like 2

I posted a question a couple of months back about taking a toddler/child to Primavera.

Johndenis, Etaish, Quadrophobia, xxialac, Rico-Pliskin many thanks for all of your replies and kind words, which came at a good time for me personally as I digested the imminent changes!

I did see someone with a toddler strapped to them last year but I think on reflection it’s a ridiculous idea, especially when I think about the bits of the festival I’ve loved and trying to stubbornly recreate these, like carrying a pram down to the Adidas stage etc.  Reluctantly time to let go!

Does anyone have any information about when/if the safe marketplace is likely to start?

I’ve emailed Primavera and redtkts but haven’t heard anything from them.

We’ve already taken a hit on the hotel and flights we had booked so really keen to sell the tickets.

I’m looking forward to enjoying the festival vicariously through reading everyone’s experiences!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, portobelloroad said:

I posted a question a couple of months back about taking a toddler/child to Primavera.

Johndenis, Etaish, Quadrophobia, xxialac, Rico-Pliskin many thanks for all of your replies and kind words, which came at a good time for me personally as I digested the imminent changes!

I did see someone with a toddler strapped to them last year but I think on reflection it’s a ridiculous idea, especially when I think about the bits of the festival I’ve loved and trying to stubbornly recreate these, like carrying a pram down to the Adidas stage etc.  Reluctantly time to let go!

Does anyone have any information about when/if the safe marketplace is likely to start?

I’ve emailed Primavera and redtkts but haven’t heard anything from them.

We’ve already taken a hit on the hotel and flights we had booked so really keen to sell the tickets.

I’m looking forward to enjoying the festival vicariously through reading everyone’s experiences!

Sad you are missing out but a wise decision and you will be back! Might have Primavera in the UK next year, which might be easier to extract yourself for.

• Like 1