Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Spent the last few weeks trying to find some new stuff on the line up. Few gems in there so my plan is filling up nicely.

Decided to put on some of the stuff I'm more familiar with today and now I'm very hyped for the Strokes and Beck. The type of band that you nearly forget how good they are because you're just used to them being there all the time! 

It's gonna be a good one. 

• Upvote 1

I maintain that this year's line up is quite odd, in so far as there really is something for everyone. A lot of festival claim to cater to all tastes but this year Primavera really have it sorted. The identity of the festival seems to have shifted from a purely indie music festival into probably the most forward thinking and contemporary festival in Europe retaining, of course, a strong presence of classic and modern indie groups. 

• Like 2

I really didnt dig the line up when it was first announced but the more I'm exploring the line up the more I'm falling in love with it. The only issue is how stacked my Saturday is compared to the other two days (especially sunday). Can anyone give me good reccs on who to look out for on Sunday. I'm hoping to see Iggy Pop, Bauhaus, Disclosure, Mavis Staples and Black Country, New Road already. 

12 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

I really didnt dig the line up when it was first announced but the more I'm exploring the line up the more I'm falling in love with it. The only issue is how stacked my Saturday is compared to the other two days (especially sunday). Can anyone give me good reccs on who to look out for on Sunday. I'm hoping to see Iggy Pop, Bauhaus, Disclosure, Mavis Staples and Black Country, New Road already. 

I think maybe you're getting your days confused, the main festival days run from Thursday to Saturday. All those acts you have listed are playing the Saturday, I'd also recommend/will be trying to see The Caretaker, Jenny Hval, Jamila Woods, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Les Amazones d'afrique, King Krule, Pile, Jawbox, Leon Vynehall and Maria Del Mar Bonet.

2 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think maybe you're getting your days confused, the main festival days run from Thursday to Saturday. All those acts you have listed are playing the Saturday, I'd also recommend/will be trying to see The Caretaker, Jenny Hval, Jamila Woods, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Les Amazones d'afrique, King Krule, Pile, Jawbox, Leon Vynehall and Maria Del Mar Bonet.

Saturday looked to be the weakest day at first for me because of the headliners which aren't my cup of tea, but it now is the day I look forward to most. Somehow you're not mentioning DIIV, my favourite act of the day, really like their new album!

17 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

Saturday looked to be the weakest day at first for me because of the headliners which aren't my cup of tea, but it now is the day I look forward to most. Somehow you're not mentioning DIIV, my favourite act of the day, really like their new album!

Yeah DIIV are a decent band for sure, I saw them few years ago and it was good. The bands I listed are once I'm especially looking forward to, I'm also very up for seeing DIIV, Rapsody and Tyler the Creator but imagine they will lose out due to clashes.

Edited by Guy Incognito

8 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Pile are no longer playing the main three days, annoyingly.

10 hours ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Speaking about Saturday gems, nobody has mentioned Chromatics, Georgia and Die Katapult yet.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Even though the dates are perfect and no Spanish shows announced, doesn’t look like Damon Albarn is doing festivals with his latest setup. Can see them all the same adding a Barcelona gig a week or two either side of the festival.

Hopefully sneaks in the auditori, He's just announced another London date for the 3rd June though :(

Edited by Damon

42 minutes ago, Damon said:

Hopefully sneaks in the auditori, He's just announced another London date for the 3rd June though :(

42 minutes ago, Damon said:

I can imagine they hold a name back for the main festival for cancellations etc but not for the auditori, which needs more planning. Could still of course do a special show on the Thursday afternoon but looks really unlikely.