In my experience (3 years living in BCN) this is how long things take:

Getting through customs: 15/20 minutes

AeroBus to Ramblas: 40 minutes
Renfe Train to Ramblas: 50 minutes
Taxi to Ramblas: 25 minutes

Ramblas to Forum via metro/bus: 30 minutes
Ramblas to Forum via taxi: 10 minutes

Getting your wristband: 10 minutes

Beck is a bit older so may play at 9/10 but The Strokes probably won't play until 11/12 so you'll definitely make it in time to see them. We'll see when the times are released but you should be fine as long as you're happy to eat at the festival.

Thanks mate, much appreciate the info!

Any idea when the times are usually released?

Do the day tickets usually sell out, or do they sell some on the gate?

3 minutes ago, Powelly said:

Thanks mate, much appreciate the info!

Any idea when the times are usually released?

Do the day tickets usually sell out, or do they sell some on the gate?

No worries!

Last year day tickets sold out just for the Saturday. I imagine it's a similar thing this year because it's the day locals don't have to book time off work :) HOWEVER, Rosalia played last year on the Saturday and that was a big deal so my honest opinion is day tickets won't sell out this time. 

The festival start teasing when they're close to selling out and even show % of tickets sold so you won't miss out.

Times are normally released around the start of May so we have a few months of sweating about clashes first aha

Edited by Gnarler
more info

42 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

No worries!

Last year day tickets sold out just for the Saturday. I imagine it's a similar thing this year because it's the day locals don't have to book time off work :) HOWEVER, Rosalia played last year on the Saturday and that was a big deal so my honest opinion is day tickets won't sell out this time. 

The festival start teasing when they're close to selling out and even show % of tickets sold so you won't miss out.

Times are normally released around the start of May so we have a few months of sweating about clashes first aha

Hah hopefully there's still some for sale on the door so I can chance it on the night if I arrive in time! Cheers for all the feedback 🙂

7 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Thing is its much easier to plan everything if you have VIP ticket, you can't deny it....clientele in VIP rows pay much more attention to music then those behind second barrier as they have paid more for music not for social gathering, and if you have guilty conscience well you better work on that :)

i can deny it, in fact, i just did - and the planning is the same whether you're VIP or not. the acts come on at the same time for everyone. 

the 'clientele' in the VIP 'rows' i was in were acting like absolute bell rubs. it was like being at Coachella or something.

and i don't have a guilty conscience, i was just embarrassed to be associated with the VIPs on several occasions. 

but yeh, nice tote, i still use it, can get lots of shopping in it. 

1 hour ago, riseupandkill said:

i can deny it, in fact, i just did - and the planning is the same whether you're VIP or not. the acts come on at the same time for everyone. 

the 'clientele' in the VIP 'rows' i was in were acting like absolute bell rubs. it was like being at Coachella or something.

and i don't have a guilty conscience, i was just embarrassed to be associated with the VIPs on several occasions. 

but yeh, nice tote, i still use it, can get lots of shopping in it. 

Not sure is primavera crowd is more easily offended or more easily embarrassed...

I have been several years now and people in vip talk way less and pay much more attention to music then the rest.... not to mention I haven't seen yet heavily drunk people who ruin everything in vip area....

Don't be embarrassed, level up man wear your tote with pride!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Not sure is primavera crowd is more easily offended or more easily embarrassed...

I have been several years now and people in vip talk way less and pay much more attention to music then the rest.... not to mention I haven't seen yet heavily drunk people who ruin everything in vip area....

Don't be embarrassed, level up man wear your tote with pride!

Yeah, not sure where the VIP hate is coming from either...i've had VIP twice ('16 and '19) and bought it early this year (3 days for 250.00 € = no brainer)...for me VIP is nice being there with my two younger kids, who also happen to be vertically challenged.  I have never had any issues in VIP with people being pretentious or "belly rubs".  I have had everyone be extremely kind and respectful for sure.  And as far as "planning" it was much easier with VIP because you could queue up at the side of the stage for front row access just a few minutes before most shows, where if you wanted the same thing in GA you'd need to leave other sets early(earlier) or whatever.  Getting into the park was also very much easier, the lounge area with seating is nice and the bathrooms make me feel SO much better having my teenage daughters use than some of the other bathrooms on site. To each their own, but i for sure wouldn't equate PS VIP to Coachella or any other US festival i've been to...much better crowd across the board at PS, VIP or not...

• Upvote 2

I find great value in the vip tickets for the mordor stages, you can walk up quite late and get close to the stage with a good view, and some of the chill areas are quite relaxing, i don't party so much and I am not exactly young (only in soul), so I find value in that as well. Some years I am not so much into mordor acts though, other years I am.

• Upvote 1

This will be my 6th Primavera Festival as a VIP since 2015, always bought it in presale (250 EUR). For me the big advantages are:

- areas to chill and sit and still be able to watch the gigs (Main stages + Primavera stage)

- clean spacious toilets with mirrors and handdryer

- golden circle area in front of the main stages (though I felt somhow bad seeing the real fans standing behind the second row grids)

- reduced prices on beverages

In that order. Wouldn't buy a VIP ticket though for 400 EUR, honestly.

Looking back now, in my opinion the totebags since 2015 were all average to similar, especially the sailors bag which was very disappointing. The favourite bag was the backpack with fine cords, powered by H&M. Would be happy if they do a special 20 anniversary thing this year with a backpack and a #bestfestivalforever logo. The cupholder from last year was fun too. Wouldn.t mind to have a cap instead of the collectors line-up book and the music magazine.

3 hours ago, Ecco said:

VIP since 2015,

3 hours ago, Ecco said:

Looking back now, in my opinion the totebags since 2015 were all average to similar, especially the sailors bag which was very disappointing. The favourite bag was the backpack with fine cords, powered by H&M.

In 2014 there were Eastpak backpacks with Primavera-print. For me all years have been a let down since then.

Just wanted to share that my biggest PS 2020 discovery so far is Girl in Red.

I've never listened to her music before and after she was announced for PS 2020 I checked few of her songs on Youtube and put her into the category "OK little indie that I probably won't see because Thursday is so stacked".

However, I put few of her songs on my Primavera playlist and after some time I realized that she is not just OK and actually I am hoping that she won't be involved in any unpleasant clash.

Finally, after I checked few of her live performances online, I came to a conclusion that I can't imagine any possible Thursday clash that she wouldn't win. :) 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, pipan said:

Just wanted to share that my biggest PS 2020 discovery so far is Girl in Red.

I've never listened to her music before and after she was announced for PS 2020 I checked few of her songs on Youtube and put her into the category "OK little indie that I probably won't see because Thursday is so stacked".

However, I put few of her songs on my Primavera playlist and after some time I realized that she is not just OK and actually I am hoping that she won't be involved in any unpleasant clash.

Finally, after I checked few of her live performances online, I came to a conclusion that I can't imagine any possible Thursday clash that she wouldn't win. :) 

Having a very similar experience with Kim Petras my friend. Cannot stop listening to both albums. Heard her features on Charli XCX work but hadn't taken her seriously until now.

That Friday (for me) is absolutely STACKED and I'm already overthinking every possible clash in preparation. Between her, Strokes, Brockhampton, King Gizzard, Caribou, Kacey Musgraves and heaps of others it's going to be a long day of darting between stages.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, pipan said:

Finally, after I checked few of her live performances online, I came to a conclusion that I can't imagine any possible Thursday clash that she wouldn't win.

You should make sure you check out her Rock en Seine show filmed by CultureBox (if you haven´t done so already), its out on Youtube as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gnarler said:

Having a very similar experience with Kim Petras my friend. Cannot stop listening to both albums. Heard her features on Charli XCX work but hadn't taken her seriously until now.

That Friday (for me) is absolutely STACKED and I'm already overthinking every possible clash in preparation. Between her, Strokes, Brockhampton, King Gizzard, Caribou, Kacey Musgraves and heaps of others it's going to be a long day of darting between stages.

If you like Charli and Kim make sure to check out Rina Sawayama and Hannah Diamond! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puckno said:

You should make sure you check out her Rock en Seine show filmed by CultureBox (if you haven´t done so already), its out on Youtube as well.

Yeah, that's actually the video after which I definitely realized I just have to see her :)

• Like 1