Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

I'm staying in El Raval in the centre, mainly because some friends of mine have rented an apartment in Barcelona for the whole of June and they love that area, so I get to stay with them for very little, just have the journey back to contend with, but I'm sure it won't be too much of a pain.

We stayed miles out in 2018 and used to free/discounted codes that you get from signing up to the Spanish equivalents of Uber for getting back late at night. Both apps we used seemed to have 20euros off for your first ride. It was definitely a test of my Spanish language skills to find them outside the Forum whilst drunk and surrounded by thousands of people!

11 hours ago, puckno said:

I am staying at Poblenou as well and have been thinking about this option before you mentioned it... Do you have any suggestions on where to rent a bike, and at what cost?

The last years I have rented a bike by Pedal Bike Rental in Poblenou. The owner is very sympatic, the price is ok, (12 EUR per day, 4 days and more it is 10 EUR per day). The state of the bikes though could be better sometimes, that's why I will rent an e-bike this year from an other provider. Anyhow, I recommand to book in advance to be sure to have your bike. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Ill be near La Verneda i la Pau this time. Pretty much just chose it as there was a decent looking air BnB within walking distance of the Parc which didn't cost a bomb. Anyone got any idea what this area is like?

In the past I've stayed in Poblenou and Nou Barris. Both were fine, primarily because Poblenou was so close and Nou Barris cost me just £80 for 7 nights.

I live near Verneda, in Sant Marti. How far is your b&b from Rambla Del Prim?

On 2/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, Memory Man said:

not band related but a straw poll, where abouts in the city are you staying for this? we've gone for Poblenou as it is walkable back afterwards and is really quite nice and chilled. Paid a bit more than I wanted to for accom but only booked yesterday so was slow off the mark after the lineup, not to mention those that booked months before the lineup even came out.

Everywhere very close by seems stupidly expensive.

Havent really considered staying in the city centre due to the inability to get a taxi after. are the shuttle buses back OK or a shambles?  Metro doesnt run on the Thurs and Friday night till 5am. I might / hope to stay out till then but not guaranteed.

Yep - Poblenou also. Booked a room months ago with free cancellation in case I decided to go :) 

6 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I am staying at Eurohotel Diagonal, think it's about a twenty minute walk to the festival site which is really handy.

If it's Eurohotel Diagonal Port it's a really nice stroll down the beach to the Forum. We stayed there last year, but couldn't get the dates for this year.

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

a sign that the full festival pass has possibly not sold hugely well since the announcement

im too much of a chicken to not pay up well in advance but i can foresee discounted full festival passes available on resale platforms closer to the time

They sent out this mail soon after the lineup release, so I think the sales is okey:

"Primavera Sound Barcelona kicks off its twentieth anniversary with the best sales figures in its history.

Enthusiastic reaction from audiences and media to a lineup that brings together twenty years of musical uniqueness. Over 10,000 full festival tickets sold in 24 hours promises a historic edition."

6 hours ago, Karl_Mcr said:

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if they were going to be releasing day tickets so I ended up buy a 3 day one... Would love a VIP ticket for Friday but I'm not sure if it's worth it now. Have you ever tried the VIP option? 

31 minutes ago, Amsy said:

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if they were going to be releasing day tickets so I ended up buy a 3 day one... Would love a VIP ticket for Friday but I'm not sure if it's worth it now. Have you ever tried the VIP option? 

Once you try VIP it just isn't the same without it, guaranteed place in front of the two main stages ( if you come at reasonable time usually  5 minutes before will do it if there isn't some huge name in that case 15/20), no queue at entrance, much faster queue when ordering food or drinks in VIP areas, one in front of Primavera stage is pure gold, faster queue for auditori , plus you get some merchandise and book with all artist...especially recommended if you are over thirty :) and its not that much more expensive if you buy it in 48 hours after festival  250 e  ... it is worthy!

although you never know when new normal virus will hit them again and they come out again with mtv crappy pop/future is female vegan friendly headliners in which case you can wipe your ass with ViP if you are not into that shit

Edited by n=Nowheretohide
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Once you try VIP it just isn't the same without it, guaranteed place in front of the two main stages ( if you come at reasonable time usually  5 minutes before will do it if there isn't some huge name in that case 15/20), no queue at entrance, much faster queue when ordering food or drinks in VIP areas, one in front of Primavera stage is pure gold, faster queue for auditori , plus you get some merchandise and book with all artist...especially recommended if you are over thirty :) and its not that much more expensive if you buy it in 48 hours after festival  250 e  ... it is worthy!

although you never know when new normal virus will hit them again and they come out again with mtv crappy pop/future is female vegan friendly headliners in which case you can wipe your ass with ViP if you are not into that shit

Thanks for that information. I think I will go VIP.... Which is the best way sell the 3 day ticket? I've heard of redticket but not sure if that's the best option.