Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, jaredean said:

I was severely hoping for a Mark Kozelek, Sun Kil Moon set or, better still, a Red House Painters reunion - that would have been legendary...SKM is playing in London end of May, so not out of the realm of possibility for a surprise show - not RHP obviously, but SKM or MK at least?

Good call! With him being in London on the Sunday can see him being persuaded to stick around a few more days.

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

Certainly Massive Attack will bring some guests on this tour. Maybe Tracy Thorn?

The way they've teased 'Special Guests' announced soon for their All Points East day suggest they have someone interesting planned (in addition to Young Fathers)

Horace Andy could be there

Parklife lineup is out (weekend after Prima). Obviously different vibe entirely but interesting to see who else they may have been talking to. Some of the names in the bottom half of that poster would have been great (return of Tierra Whack, Lucky Daye, Mahalia, Goldlink, D Double E).  

Also, seriously why didnt they get .Paak? He must be a Madrid fan or something.

1756537780_Screenshot2020-01-29at17_21.59-min.thumb.png.6c4776cf8288061e1ef84a62e036522a.png

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Parklife lineup is out (weekend after Prima). Obviously different vibe entirely but interesting to see who else they may have been talking to. Some of the names in the bottom half of that poster would have been great (return of Tierra Whack, Lucky Daye, Mahalia, Goldlink, D Double E).  

1756537780_Screenshot2020-01-29at17_21.59-min.thumb.png.6c4776cf8288061e1ef84a62e036522a.png

I'm willing to carry him to Barcelona on my back at this point, and I'm not even from Barcelona.

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

probably the shitties line up for now

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

I still can't find Wally...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

...to be filed alongside Thom Yorke and the auditori-perfect Max Richter in the mysterious "perfect fit, seemingly available, never played before, not booked" category.

39 minutes ago, Orens said:

Not really. Parklife is on Sat-Sun, Porto's main event is on Thu-Sat

I threw the "little bit" of an idea in there thinking there might be a slim chance of crossover, but it didn't seem likely...not impossible, just not likely...then again don't really like Tyler so wouldn't be sad if he didn't make Porto (that i do have tickets to)...

44 minutes ago, xxialac said:

*Better live than on record*

Was talking to a mate who was saying how amazing Lightning Bolt are live. Got me thinking about who else on the lineup was better live than on record. King Gizzard, Les Savy Fav etc

Any insights? 

Totally agree with both of these. 

Not in the same genre but Jamila Woods sounded 10x better. Her live band are top tier and when I saw her at Pitchfork Festival Paris every song sounded so much bigger—really similar to the Janelle Monae vibe from last year. Others I've found to be better live:

- Brittany Howard
- Black Midi
- Tropical Fuck Storm

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Not in the same genre but Jamila Woods sounded 10x better. Her live band are top tier and when I saw her at Pitchfork Festival Paris every song sounded so much bigger—really similar to the Janelle Monae vibe from last year. Others I've found to be better live:

- Brittany Howard
- Black Midi
- Tropical Fuck Storm

+1

Also Metronomy, I fell in love with their performances. Heard raves about Caribou's as well.

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

- Brittany Howard
- Black Midi
- Tropical Fuck Storm

That's interesting about Jamila Woods - I might add her back on to my "to see" list now.

Brittany Howard is brilliant on record and Im very excited to see her live. Does she play any Alabama Shakes stuff?

Black Midi didn't do much for me live - but it was an early afternoon set at a fest and I was hungover so might not be the best view of them.

I only saw it on TV but Sampa the Great looked really good live. Albums haven't blown me away but still well worth a look, I think. 

7 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

- Brittany Howard
- Black Midi
- Tropical Fuck Storm

Brilliant stuff, thanks.

1 minute ago, Orens said:

+1

Also Metronomy, I fell in love with their performances. Heard raves about Caribou's as well.

Yes Metronomy is a good call! I haven't seen them for a long time now but imagine they're still putting on a fun show.

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

That's interesting about Jamila Woods - I might add her back on to my "to see" list now.

Brittany Howard is brilliant on record and Im very excited to see her live. Does she play any Alabama Shakes stuff?

Black Midi didn't do much for me live - but it was an early afternoon set at a fest and I was hungover so might not be the best view of them.

I only saw it on TV but Sampa the Great looked really good live. Albums haven't blown me away but still well worth a look, I think. 

Very fair on Black Midi. I took some friends to see them last year and half of them hated it, the other half enjoyed it. Think it depends on the environment for sure.

Brittany Howard didn't play any Alabama Shakes stuff when I saw her and checking setlist.fm it looks like she doesn't at all really. 

Sampa is high up on my list so hope she can put on a great show :) 

• Upvote 1

A few weeks in to digesting the line up, do people have any new discoveries to recommend?

For me, I've managed to work Black Country New Road and Boy Harsher on to my list; had never heard of either before.

Caroline Polachek sounds cool too, and I might give Little Simz another go too.

Initially, I thought the day split leaned heavily towards Thursday and Friday but my Saturday is getting busy too - Iggy Pop, King Krule, Chromatics, Boy Harsher and Black Country New Road, and thats before I even try to squeeze Caroline Polachek, Tyler, Bicep, Weyes Blood, Fatima Yamaha, etc....