Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

I am going to Nos this year and not to Primavera, but since I saw some questions about PNL and that I'm French:

They are indeed pretty huge here, partly because they are quite exclusive, being independent, not giving any interviews, and doing very few shows. Their music videos are also very, very well produced.

That being said, if you don't understand the language, I reckon their show is a bit of a waste of time. It is fairly standard cloud rap (unusual in france but not groundbreaking by any means if you're used to it), their lightshows are on point but there's not much of an atmosphere at their performances, unless you understand the words and are able to sing along.

If you want to see for yourself, their most famous hits are -amongst others- 'Le Monde ou Rien' and 'Da', and the most dancy, catchy, would be '91's' or 'Béné'

I saw them for the last time at Rock en Seine 2018 and it was fun since we knew the lyrics, but otherwise quite disappointing with their being late etc

Anyways, if you want to discover something new give it a go, otherwise during the festival I think other stages might be more interesting !

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, OJ_Ketchup said:

That being said, if you don't understand the language, I reckon their show is a bit of a waste of time. It is fairly standard cloud rap (unusual in france but not groundbreaking by any means if you're used to it), their lightshows are on point but there's not much of an atmosphere at their performances, unless you understand the words and are able to sing along.

I guess they either gonna play one of the big stages very early, or a small one during the night.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Think the Caretaker is missing from yours @Orens

Thanks, updated

6 hours ago, Nesser said:

Tangana won't play that early, Pavement probably will end up playing outside Mordor, absolutely no way Bad Gyal plays *that* early or in Mordor, Carolina Durante ain't playing adidas, Chromatics are not playing at Ray-Ban, no way Bauhaus play after Iggy (neither playing Mordor)... sorry but it's just waaaaay out. I'm making my own clashfinder as every year but I'd rather keep it private until we got the timetable or at least put a 'fake' in the tag as they do with the Coachella ones.

Pavement's first show after a decade (one of two this year) will absefuckingloutely play Mordor, and apparently I placed Tangana around the same spot he played in 2018.

Why do you think neither Bauhaus nor Iggy play Mordor? Iggy kills it in daytime spots throughout Euro fests, he's a perfect fit as a pretty early Saturday classic Mordor act (though more lively than Brian Wilson, Van Morrison, Jane Birkin, Television, etc.). I Could put him even earlier, but who else should play Mordor that day? Tyler, Bunny, Disclosure and then what? PNL? King Krule?

58 minutes ago, Citra said:

Do you need to book to see LSF on the Tuesday or is it a case of queuing up. No idea how big the venue is. Thanks.

Welcome. and get in the line!

2 hours ago, pipan said:

@Orens few more observation

- hannah diamond and 100 gecs are missing on thursday and paloma mami and violet shouldn't be on thursday

- pantocrator is missing on sunday

Got it, cheers

I went over all of last year's layout during the Apolo, and I might be wrong but I think that Saturday is a couple of live acts short compared to 2019. Unless there's a significant change in the Bits, I believe we're due to some kind of an "unexpected" slot there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Citra said:

Do you need to book to see LSF on the Tuesday or is it a case of queuing up. No idea how big the venue is. Thanks.

It depends, but Monday and Tuesday Apolo gig usually is no hassle for me. Wednesday and Sunday are the ones that lil' bit tricky and hard to predict. Brian Jonestown queue at Apolo on Wednesday during PS 14 was hell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Fuck, I wonder how tough it will be to get inside the Apolo on Wednesday after Jesus and Mary Chain ends. I figure a ride through a taxi-app will help rather than rely on the subway, but still.

Not a single big name on weds eve this year, so no sense that it willl be tough to get in.

• Upvote 1

Great work on the clashfinder @Orens

Here’s hoping it’s close to accurate! Would work out very nicely with what I want to see. 

would love if Iggy and Bauhaus switched spots with PNL and Rapsody.. I think Iggy is probably a lock for a moroder spot at this point though.. I do agree he would be a nice early evening legend.. like van morrison or Jane Birkin but with way more energy.. you also have Mavis Staples that could fill that spot too.. Bauhaus.. who knows. My gut would put them at primavera or ray ban but anyone’s guess is as good as mine  

as far as the clashfinder scores, I’m thinking there are not too many bad bunny or young thug fans filling out speculative clashfinders 4 months out of the fest. Not at all surprised by the top artists.. other less popular acts according to that list are still going to turn huge crowds 

On 1/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, Nesser said:

IIRC no headliner has ever played last on Mordor. If only, second to last followed by a closing act. We all know how Tricky Massive Attack are so I doubt they agree to start their show at 01:00. They will play at 00:00 (aprox.) and Young Thug will close Mordor mirroring what happened last year with Erykah Badu and Future.

My two cents for the 3am Ray-Ban spot (and closers)

-C. Tangana/Dj Shadow* (Honey Dijon)

-Caribou (Jeff Mills? Literally no idea)

-Bicep (Dj Coco)

*I see DJ Shadow playing the 12am Primavera slot (Jon Hopkins, RTJ, Moderat) but Ray-Ban would make sense. Thing is: Tangana is billed way higher than him and he already played the 10pm Ray-Ban slot so I'm not sure if giving him this 10pm Primavera slot would be a downgrade if we agree that Ray-Ban > Primavera. So, maybe he plays Ray-Ban again but later.

Jeff Mills 99% at Lotus stage, for me.