Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

Any recommendations for other decent EU festivals this year?

I live 350 meter from Oya Festival, Oslo. Its in August. So far they got Bon Iver, Solange, FKA Twigs, Stormzy, Suede, Michael Kiwanuka, Bikini Kill, Actress, Floating Points, Alcest, Kamaal Williams, Koffee, Los Bitchos, Kvelertak, Tropical Fuck Storm, and some local acts. Still booking of course. So far promising.

3 hours ago, Amsy said:

Hey guys I'm going to primavera for the first time. I noticed from watching some of the footage that there is a front pit section separate from the rest of the main standing area. Is that only for VIP or can anyone with a general admission ticket go in the there? 

Yep. Half of the front barricade is divided for VIP tickets. That’s only for the two main stages 

9 hours ago, puckno said:

I live 350 meter from Oya Festival, Oslo. Its in August. So far they got Bon Iver, Solange, FKA Twigs, Stormzy, Suede, Michael Kiwanuka, Bikini Kill, Actress, Floating Points, Alcest, Kamaal Williams, Koffee, Los Bitchos, Kvelertak, Tropical Fuck Storm, and some local acts. Still booking of course. So far promising.

Oooh nice one. Will definitely check this out 

13 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

Any recommendations for other decent EU festivals this year? Preferably farther afield than Ireland / the UK.

Im wading through terrible lineups and one of you might know a hidden gem!

http://sirenscall.lu/

a tiny charming festival in Luxembourg

http://www.ypsigrock.it/

a festival in a castle in sicily.

last year they head:

The National, Spiritualized, Whitney, Let's Eat Grandma, Fontaines D.C....

https://meltfestival.de/de/

the festival takes place near Berlin, in Ferrolpolis, 'the iron city'.One of the festival's special features is the Ferropolis site: it is an open-air museum with large industrial excavators dating from the second half of the 20th century and which can measure up to 30 meters high, 130 meters long, and weigh 1,980 tonnes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glenn Coco said:

Yep. Half of the front barricade is divided for VIP tickets. That’s only for the two main stages 

Thanks for replying to my question. It's a shame they do this. 

2 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

news about the off-main-days stuff is out

no surprises, TJAMC, metronomy and Squid on the forum in Wednesday, City Slang stuff in the apolo, shame and pile on sunday, and Les Savy Fav on Tuesday

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/primavera-a-la-ciutat-2020

That's a nice run for the Wednesday. Happy with that. Was initially hoping for a regular JAMC set but been giving Darklands a listen lately and forgot just how good it is so that'll do for me.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That's a nice run for the Wednesday. Happy with that. Was initially hoping for a regular JAMC set but been giving Darklands a listen lately and forgot just how good it is so that'll do for me.

yes, very good day. both JAMC and especially Metronomy, and later going for the City Slang stuff, some very good stuff there

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

yes, very good day. both JAMC and especially Metronomy, and later going for the City Slang stuff, some very good stuff there

Never been to the City Slang stuff when I've gone previously. It far away from the forum and/or difficult to get in? Would be down for seeing Health and Roosevelt. 

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Disappointments;

-saturday pm indie gigs cancelled after a decade+

-les savy fav on Tuesday, had hoped for wednesday 

Previously, I have arrived on Wed, & collected wristband at the Forum.

I arrive on Tuesday night this time, staying close to Apolo ... Now hoping to get into LSF, Is there wristband collection at Apolo?

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Disappointments;

-saturday pm indie gigs cancelled after a decade+

-les savy fav on Tuesday, had hoped for wednesday 

They've put an asterisk just for you:

*Jawbox, Shame, Les Savy Fav, Boy Harsher and Pile will also play in the Parc del Fòrum on one of the three main days, from Thursday 4th to Saturday 6th June

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

They've put an asterisk just for you:

*Jawbox, Shame, Les Savy Fav, Boy Harsher and Pile will also play in the Parc del Fòrum on one of the three main days, from Thursday 4th to Saturday 6th June

Heh, yeah I saw that but I'd much rather see them play a sweaty, indoor gig (Fucked Up was immense last year) plus seeing a band outside the 3 days means one clash fewer!

18 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

That Wednesday forum line up is looking gorgeous. Will it run like a normal gig, what time of day would be a good guess?

It's my first time in Barcelona so I'm sightseeing as well

will be similar to previous years i'd imagine: a run of five shows on the same stage from 5pm to 11pm.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ps19

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

JAMC seem to be the headliner of that day.

Hmm fair enough! I'd be less inclined to rush over for that. I'm guessing I'll need to pay for wristband delivery to get into the Apolo that night without making a trip down to the Forum? 

2 minutes ago, mjh310 said:

Hmm fair enough! I'd be less inclined to rush over for that. I'm guessing I'll need to pay for wristband delivery to get into the Apolo that night without making a trip down to the Forum? 

There was a wristband exchange at Apolo last year. And the years before you were able to enter by showing your ticket – no wristband needed. So no, I don't think you need to visit Parc del Fòrum first.