Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

On 1/20/2020 at 5:38 PM, daveje said:

And while I think of it, I really hope they bring back the old Night Pro stage. That was a lovely site, and had some of the best surprises.

Oh yes, I didn´t like the new Night Pro site at all.

By the way, great stages that don´t exist any more are the Firestone (in or outside that mobile home), the one inside the horrible Mango store on site and of course the surprise Shellc gig right behind the entrance without any real stage...

The second clashfinder doesnt look too bad barring a few mistakes/errors. It does have Bauhaus on one of the main stages.. they seem more like a Primavera/Ray Ban type of act to me... and PNL.. while I admittedly have never heard of them before this lineup drop.. seem more like a Moroder act... their streaming numbers seem huge.

Their 3AM Rayban guesses seem pretty likely.

I know some people have described Saturday as the weakest day, but to me that day is absolutely stacked. Iggy, Bauahus, Chromatics, BCNR, Bicep, Freddie Gibbs/Madlib, Mavis, Tyler... bound to be clashes but thats a stacked day if you ask me

5 hours ago, TapeRecorder said:

How much of a problem would staying in el masnou be too? Ran out of possible Airbnb options for a group of 8, understand its miles away but was thinking getting to the Parc in the day time wouldn't be too much of an issue, and then can always get a taxi in night, have seen that taxis are a bit of a shambles at night although

My boyfriend’s parents live right by El Masnou, and I’ve stayed there the three years I’ve been to Primavera. It’s easy to get there in the daytime, but more of a hassle at night. The easiest is to take a taxi, but some taxis won’t drive that far out of town. There is some night bus (Nit Bus) to El Masnou from Plaça de Catalunya. I think every hour / 30 min. And I think the trains from Sant Adria de Besos start at around 6 or 7 in the morning, if you are planning to stay all night. 

So much new music to discover. So many playlists to make. The best discoveries for me so far are Ferran Palau, Mabel and Rina Sawayama. The program is so stacked. The beauty of Primavera! 

Edited by Alella

18 minutes ago, puckno said:

According to her website Girl In Red is playing Forum both Wednesday and Thursday.

Possible they had it down as the Wednesday as a generic 'first-day' placeholder initially, as a lot of bands do, then added the specific day once announced but forgot to delete the Wednesday?

But more likely playing Primavera Pro... (think Confidence Man did this a couple of years back)

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I haven't booked yet but probably somewhere in the Gothic quarter

Placa Catalunya will take your broken body there 

"The night bus lines N16 (A2) and N17 (A1) connect Ronda Universitat-Pl. Catalunya with the airport.

For further information on the night buses please visit the AMB website."

https://www.ambmobilitat.cat/Principales/BusquedaNitBus.aspx

54 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Placa Catalunya will take your broken body there 

"The night bus lines N16 (A2) and N17 (A1) connect Ronda Universitat-Pl. Catalunya with the airport.

For further information on the night buses please visit the AMB website."

https://www.ambmobilitat.cat/Principales/BusquedaNitBus.aspx

Cheers matey

Flights all booked! Doing Monday to Monday. Wasn't going to stay that long originally but I thought for my first Primavera it would be good to get the full experience 

• Upvote 2

Primavera Sound once again has the support of Heineken, SEAT and Pull & Bear as fundamental strategic partners, with a participation ****that will include significant novelties that we will reveal over the next few months***

Spotted this on today's announcement. Like the word 'significant'. Also Bits is not any smaller this year.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera Sound once again has the support of Heineken, SEAT and Pull & Bear as fundamental strategic partners, with a participation ****that will include significant novelties that we will reveal over the next few months***

Spotted this on today's announcement. Like the word 'significant'. Also Bits is not any smaller this year.

Surely this is just brand related sponsorship stuff and not relating to the music?

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Surely this is just brand related sponsorship stuff and not relating to the music?

Heineken and SEAT both brought new bands last year through Hidden Stage and SEAT Village. Over 20 added bands if I recall.

Those were what you might classify as 'significant'. Suggests at least as good as that...