Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, daveje said:

Hide water bottle cap! There's a 25cl limit on water bottles and the security bastards will confiscate the cap from the bottle if they see it, so hide the cap somewhere else. It's pathetic and stupid but it's part of the process.

Can I just say that two years ago I got 3 cans of beer in literally by holding them whilst walking through security hahaha

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I guess some smaller names for that are still possible but I can also imagine they'll rearrange the BITS area a bit (pun intended) to accomodate a larger "main" stage on the beach. Acts like Lizzo or even SOPHIE were almost too big for the Lotus stage and having that stage horizontal to the sea would allow for more capacity. Only, Desperados stage would have to go then

I wish they'd just drop the live stage on the beach at this point. Desperados is sweet and El Punto is there to exist. Considering the fact that this announcement seem to have short in about one live stage compared to last year's (6-7 less acts per day). I wish somebody would ask Gabi about the stage layout at Exiliados.

How much of a problem would staying in el masnou be too? Ran out of possible Airbnb options for a group of 8, understand its miles away but was thinking getting to the Parc in the day time wouldn't be too much of an issue, and then can always get a taxi in night, have seen that taxis are a bit of a shambles at night although

14 hours ago, xxialac said:

I disagree. Different fanbase.

By that logic you can never clash anyone with anyone.

what's the previous  highest profile clash at Primavera? did they ever let two acts this big collide? I was there in 2018 and Beach House clashed with Asap and if I am not wrong last year was Stereolab vs James Blake, wasn't it?  Tyler vs Bauhaus would be a completely new level of annoying tho

12 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

what's the previous  highest profile clash at Primavera? did they ever let two acts this big collide? I was there in 2018 and Beach House clashed with Asap and if I am not wrong last year was Stereolab vs James Blake, wasn't it?  Tyler vs Bauhaus would be a completely new level of annoying tho

ASAP clashed with Beach House and Jon Hopkins in 2018!

I remember in 2014, NIN clashed with MOGWAI and TY SEGALL

13 minutes ago, Ecco said:

ASAP clashed with Beach House and Jon Hopkins in 2018!

I remember in 2014, NIN clashed with MOGWAI and TY SEGALL

Radiohead clashed with Dinosaur Jr and people were pissed

The Nick Cave and Fever Ray clash sucked. I missed out on Fever Ray, ended up on the SEAT stage with Nick.

I had to leave Aphex Twin to watch the whole Gizz set. 

Does Tyler, The Creator vs. Ty Segall vs. Idles counts?

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

Radiohead clashed with Dinosaur Jr and people were pissed

The Nick Cave and Fever Ray clash sucked. I missed out on Fever Ray, ended up on the SEAT stage with Nick.

I had to leave Aphex Twin to watch the whole Gizz set. 

Does Tyler, The Creator vs. Ty Segall vs. Idles counts?

Absolutely! The Nick Cave/Fever Ray Clash...

I opted for FEVER RAY, as she is as rare to see as a pearl in an oyster, and I absolutely didn't regret it, killer performance. 

Afterwards I ran to Nick Cave to see  the last 2-3 songs.

Just now, Gnarler said:

The Solange vs Lizzo clash last year wasn't as big a deal  as say Nick Cave vs Fever Ray but was just the dumbest organising I've seen. Put them on opposite ends of the festivals and overlapped their entire sets. 

Oh yeah, Rosalia/Solange vs. Lizzo. The sandy Lotus stage was the worst experience I had at PS.

2017 - Glass Animals (my most anticipated concert of that day) vs. Arcade Fire secret show. At least I didn't have to think about it too much, since the secret show was announced just before it actually took place. So I decided to wait two more days for Arcade Fire regular concert and to enjoy Glass Animals. However, I couldn't enjoy it properly, because I couldn't stop thinking wheter I didn't make a mistake. :)  But even nowadays sometimes I check a song or two from that Glass Animals concert on youtube, and I am glad I was there. :)

14 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Speaking of which... A Brockhampton/King Gizzard/Fontaines is the scariest thing I've ever had to think about.

I am 100% in favour of this timetable. Almost clash free for me. 😂

Thurs: Brittany Howard - Sampa the Great - The National - Pavement - Massive Attack - DJ Shadow

Fri: Maggie Rogers - Beck - Lana Del Rey - The Strokes - Fontaines DC - Caribou

Sat: Weyes Blood - Iggy Pop - King Krule - Chromatics - Bicep (Live)