Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Ecco said:

Anyone heard the new album of 070 SHAKE?

One of the best debut albums in the last years imo.

It is like 'The Dark Side Of TheMoon' of R'n'B! Phenomenal!

Would be the luckiest man alive, if they add her to the line-up

Agreed. She's playing in Barcelona next Saturday and I can't fucking wait. I missed her set last year to see Erykah Badu which I don't regret but very excited to see her.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Fuck that. Really hoping Iggy is on early-ish Mordor and not as a counter to the headliners.

A few years ago, Van Morrison played at like 7/8pm in Mordor. Really cool vibe, kind of like the Glastonbury legends slot. 

That's where I'm hoping Iggy plays if he's on in Mordor. 

Ideally, though, if we get him, Chromatics and King Krule on Primavera/Ray Ban stages, I'd be much happier. 

Anyone have any tips of where to start with Bauhaus? Have never gone digging there so I better start. 

Edit: my big discovery so far is Boy Harsher. Very cool. 

Edited by ConfidenceMan

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

End of the Road festival - I know, totally wrong end of the season - has just announced a line up including Bright Eyes. 

Do people think there's any chance? I mean, I know we are just guessing but someone make my day... 😂

Almost zero. Surely if his first announced gig is in September, he's not ready.

19 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

I've taken the plunge and bought tickets - my first non UK festival.

I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times before but what are your top tips for first timers?

2017 was my first year, and my first European Festival. 

After decades of rain & mudbaths in UK & Ireland, I can seriously say "Why the fuck didn't we do this years ago"

Just to echo the comments previously made, comfortable shoes (concrete everywhere) & don't peak too early with the the drink ... You're on a different timetable at this festival.

I didn't enjoy the 2 Main stages, everyone too pissed & felt too far away from the stage ... But Every festival Main Stage is like that I suppose. Favourite Stages were Primavera & RayBan but that's how the bands fell for me.

We didn't find it cold at all at night, so maybe prepare for that on the first night, then judge for the rest of the week.

• Upvote 1

6music also rolling out their Camden line up for March & interesting how much (& inevitable) crossover there is with this & last year.

Still surprised & disappointed that Primavera is going another year without The Orielles.  Hoping for a Heineken hidden stage slot.

11 minutes ago, Bram said:

Bring water bottle cap. 

Hide water bottle cap! There's a 25cl limit on water bottles and the security bastards will confiscate the cap from the bottle if they see it, so hide the cap somewhere else. It's pathetic and stupid but it's part of the process.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, daveje said:

Hide water bottle cap! There's a 25cl limit on water bottles and the security bastards will confiscate the cap from the bottle if they see it, so hide the cap somewhere else. It's pathetic and stupid but it's part of the process.

I've smuggled in a big bottle of vodka before so you won't have any problems with a water cap!

Really don't get why anyone is still speculating about anything. There will not be any major bands added. Some lowest tier bands might, but not neccessarily. 2-3 Mid Tier Bands for Hidden Stage plus possibly last years additional Hip-Hop stage. Something like Bright Eyes is completely impossible (also they will not be in Europe in June) and I don't get why there is even a discussion about it. The Line up  is 95% complete and there is no act that has been speculated here and didnt make the poster that will be announced later. Be content with what you got, its great after all.

Edited by Quadrophobia

29 minutes ago, AlexMacca said:

Never been to Primavera before and really like the look of the lineup this year! But, Friday is pretty much the only day I can get to, do they normally release day tickets? 

Yes, they always do day tickets but this year they've held them back presumably to try and get more people to buy the full weekend ones. Stay tuned.

22 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Really don't get why anyone is still speculating about anything. There will not be any major bands added. Some lowest tier bands might, but not neccessarily. 2-3 Mid Tier Bands for Hidden Stage plus possibly last years additional Hip-Hop stage. Something like Bright Eyes is completely impossible (also they will not be in Europe in June) and I don't get why there is even a discussion about it. The Line up  is 95% complete and there is no act that has been speculated here and didnt make the poster that will be announced later. Be content with what you got, its great after all.

Do they usually announce any electronic acts at a later stage? 

Had a look over previous clashfinders, the Desperado's stage usually a lot of electronic acts which don't seem to be there this year so far. Unless the additional Sunday is making the Thursday - Saturday look diluted.

I guess some smaller names for that are still possible but I can also imagine they'll rearrange the BITS area a bit (pun intended) to accomodate a larger "main" stage on the beach. Acts like Lizzo or even SOPHIE were almost too big for the Lotus stage and having that stage horizontal to the sea would allow for more capacity. Only, Desperados stage would have to go then