Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Float said:

Which major acts have been added post-poster drop in that past two years? 
Am I a fool for keeping the Thom dream alive..

usually the late additions are smaller than Thom, I think we can get him in one of two ways:

1. if they revive UnexpectedPrimavera from 2017

2. as a replacement for headliner/sub headliner that cancelled

So we're allowed to dream, but don't get your hopes too high

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

The National's chances of playing another set (High Violet?) appear slim. Playing London (O2 Academy Brixton) on Monday-Tueday, 1-2 June

Or instead you could conclude it shows just how much the like doing 2 different sets on 2 consecutive days in one place!

But yeah with playing London Tuesday and Ireland on Saturday, there probably isn't quite enough time for two sets

12 minutes ago, Orens said:

The National's chances of playing another set (High Violet?) appear slim. Playing London (O2 Academy Brixton) on Monday-Tueday, 1-2 June

That is billed as "unique sets" which makes me hope that there are some songs in the rotation that are not so usual (Murder me Rachel, All Dolled up in Straps or Lucky You would be great.)

I've seen them five times now and the last gig was fun for the new stuff, but the hits have become somewhat boring for me. A set that is build around Terrible Love, Mr. November, Fake Empire, Bloodbuzz and so on would have me questioning seeing them again, although being one of may favorite Bands ever. They could easily play a set full of b-sides and fan-favorites, but I'm afraid they'll play it safe. Also considering the IAETF stuff doesn't quite work without guests, I guess they'll cut that short.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quadrophobia said:

That is billed as "unique sets" which makes me hope that there are some songs in the rotation that are not so usual (Murder me Rachel, All Dolled up in Straps or Lucky You would be great.

I've seen them five times now and the last gig was fun for the new stuff, but the hits have become somewhat boring for me. A set that is build around Terrible Love, Mr. November, Fake Empire, Bloodbuzz and so on would have me questioning seeing them again, although being one of may favorite Bands ever. They could easily play a set full of b-sides and fan-favorites, but I'm afraid they'll play it safe.

Yeah, they'll play it safe, as with any festival.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Only because as far as I'm aware they haven't done two sets in a day before and nor has a major act at Primavera.

Prince would have been up for it!

Maybe they can do something like Arcade Fire did with Everything Now set + main stage set. I know they didn't do both sets on the same day but expect the unexpected, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

That is billed as "unique sets" which makes me hope that there are some songs in the rotation that are not so usual (Murder me Rachel, All Dolled up in Straps or Lucky You would be great.)

I've seen them five times now and the last gig was fun for the new stuff, but the hits have become somewhat boring for me. A set that is build around Terrible Love, Mr. November, Fake Empire, Bloodbuzz and so on would have me questioning seeing them again, although being one of may favorite Bands ever. They could easily play a set full of b-sides and fan-favorites, but I'm afraid they'll play it safe.

Yeah, seen them 3 times in recent years - once at APE, once at BST, once at Paredes de Coura. Unfortunately I'm fairly sure that their set will be 90-95% the same as the last two I've already seen. 

5 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Maybe they can do something like Arcade Fire did with Everything Now set + main stage set. I know they didn't do both sets on the same day but expect the unexpected, I guess. 

Well, they play 6 announced concerts in 8 nights in London, PS and Ireland. Safe to say they won't play a 7th concert.

Edited by Orens

3 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

That's my point. Other acts like Interpol and Volcano Choir (Bon Iver) have also done two sets but not same day as far as I'm aware.  

The National now play: May 29 in Denmark, May 30 in Sweden, June 1 and 2 in London, June 4 in BCN, June 6 in NIreland, June 7 and 8 in Ireland, June 10 in Paris and June 11 in Switzerland.

I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect a hidden/extra set in that run, even on the same day without the band being exhausted after.

The current album worked well live with all the guest vocalists. It really reinvigorated what had become a tired performance over the last few years, I thought. If they keep the guests with them, it will be worth a look. If not, i might consider skipping it tbh.

And, again, I say all this as a big fan but it's hard to get too excited since I've seen them so many times in the last few years. 

59 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

When its layed out like that, it becomes apparently how strong the line up is. 

Yeah so much so. I don't see any way they can rearrange those names and I'm not having to make some seriously tough decisions. 

The Friday is the biggest day for me and my Clashfinder is already stacked without Brockhampton included. Jeez.

Edited by Gnarler
Wrong day

Fuming over the fake clash between Brittany Howard and Pavement, Sampa the Great and the National too...

Also Earl Sweatshirt vs the Strokes, and Fontaines vs Caribou...

But... a run of King Krule, Tyler and Chromatics to close it out would be magic!

I know we're all in guess mode at the moment but a run of Maggie Rogers, Kacey Musgraves and Lana del Rey one after the other on the main stages makes a lot of sense to me. 

I don't see them putting Lana on before Beck but I think if they went: Maggie, kacey, Lana, Beck, Strokes and a closer, it would make a lot of sense.