Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, PaulKav said:

Just out of curiosity does there tend to me anymore announcements or is this the whole lineup?

Definitely more announcements.

10-15 new names playing Hidden Stage. Usually one or two gems.

A new biggish name or two for inevitable cancellations

Surprises announced last minute. Given 20th anniversary should be some relatively major ones. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Massive Attack (only if there are French strikes).

Bound to be a visa issue for someone.

The memory of being on a train back to central Madrid after Mad Cool surrounded by drunk Scottish fans saying "Fuck Massive Attack, bunch of w*nkers" after they bailed because Franz Ferdinand were being too loud did come to mind.

Presumably if they do All Points East as is being rumoured in the thread for APE, they'll benefit from all the other stages being done for the headliner. Unless Primavera's stages are a reasonable distance from one another.

Just now, bernerber said:

Madlib has cancelled last minute when I've been to see him before in Manchester... Thom Yorke was doing a DJ set before him and played on through Madlibs set too

Madlib also canceled Prima 2018, and Freddie Gibbs in 2016 (he was just arrested in France)

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

The memory of being on a train back to central Madrid after Mad Cool surrounded by drunk Scottish fans saying "Fuck Massive Attack, bunch of w*nkers" after they bailed because Franz Ferdinand were being too loud did come to mind.

Presumably if they do All Points East as is being rumoured in the thread for APE, they'll benefit from all the other stages being done for the headliner. Unless Primavera's stages are a reasonable distance from one another.

Massive Attack will play one of the two faraway stages and the other stage is unused so no potential problem here. Same at APE, main stage far from the others.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Massive Attack will play one of the two faraway stages and the other stage is unused so no potential problem here. Same at APE, main stage far from the others.

Yeah I got that feeling of distance from All Points East when I went there for Strokes day last year - the walk from the main stage to the other stages was long. For me, it ended up playing into my preference to I go between acts on the smaller stages for most of the afternoon.

If it is the case that Primavera's stages are a long way out, then clearly, that's going to reduce the chance of an on-the-day bailout.

16 hours ago, Orens said:

So who are gonna play the precious 3AM at (FKA) Ray-Ban slot? 

Right now I think:

Thursday: DJ Shadow (with Massive Attack closing Mordor) 

Friday: Caribou

Saturday: Bicep live (with Disclosure closing Mordor) 

I don't think the same with Caribou. I guess he will closing Mordor on Friday. 

IIRC no headliner has ever played last on Mordor. If only, second to last followed by a closing act. We all know how Tricky Massive Attack are so I doubt they agree to start their show at 01:00. They will play at 00:00 (aprox.) and Young Thug will close Mordor mirroring what happened last year with Erykah Badu and Future.

My two cents for the 3am Ray-Ban spot (and closers)

-C. Tangana/Dj Shadow* (Honey Dijon)

-Caribou (Jeff Mills? Literally no idea)

-Bicep (Dj Coco)

*I see DJ Shadow playing the 12am Primavera slot (Jon Hopkins, RTJ, Moderat) but Ray-Ban would make sense. Thing is: Tangana is billed way higher than him and he already played the 10pm Ray-Ban slot so I'm not sure if giving him this 10pm Primavera slot would be a downgrade if we agree that Ray-Ban > Primavera. So, maybe he plays Ray-Ban again but later.

37 minutes ago, Nesser said:

IIRC no headliner has ever played last on Mordor. If only, second to last followed by a closing act.

I recall:

LCD Soundsystem 2016

Aphex Twin 2017 (co-headlined next to Bon Iver)

Future 2019 (co-headlined next to Erykah, Interpol)

2 hours ago, raduz said:

I don't think the same with Caribou. I guess he will closing Mordor on Friday. 

He's my most anticipated act at the moment, but he would be the lowest billed act to close Mordor since in years,and in a really packed day. Can't envision him bumping down The Strokes, Lana Del Rey, Beck or Brockhampton to play either before sunset or outside Mordor. Kacey will probably play early Mordor, Bikini Kill might counter Beck or Lana.

3 minutes ago, Float said:

Which major acts have been added post-poster drop in that past two years? 
Am I a fool for keeping the Thom dream alive..

The Avalaches were announced in April 2016

We had Primavera unexpected in 2017 with Mogwai, Haim weren't on the poster

Ride were added to the Hidden Stage in 2018, after headlining in 2015.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, bananaa52 said:

my nationalist side speaking, but I don't understand why there are never portuguese (from portugal) artists and bands playing in primavera barcelona, we have quite some good artists that fit the festival and even with a festival in porto and gabi's connection with paredes de coura i keep getting surprised by not seeing any there

They should get The Parkinsons in. So much fun. 

• Like 1