Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

35 minutes ago, Bram said:

The information so far on the Apolo gig:

Monday: Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever (The Band IG)

Tuesday: ???

Wednesday: All bands in 30 Years City Slang (City Slang IG) & Les Savy Fav (Label site)

Friday: ??

If Jawbox plays on Friday and Shame + Squid on Tuesday, it would be one hell of a week.

Shame plays the Forum on the Saturday, so they are probably on the Sunday as well together with Jawbox.

5 hours ago, Orens said:

So who are gonna play the precious 3AM at (FKA) Ray-Ban slot? 

Right now I think:

Thursday: DJ Shadow (with Massive Attack closing Mordor) 

Friday: Caribou

Saturday: Bicep live (with Disclosure closing Mordor) 

I could see Young Thug closing Mordor on Thursday, similar to what Future did in 2019.

1 hour ago, whos3000 said:

Which acts do you think are going to play the main stages on saturday? Tyler, bad bunny and Disclosure for sure. Bauhaus maybe? Unfortunately, I am afraid they will play on the Primavera Stage, together with Iggy.

PNL likely. Also Mavis Staples for an early evening slot, like Jane Birkin had a couple years ago.

14 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

I can't even imagine how many clashes will be at thursday

My Thursday clashes prediction: Headliners (Mordor) vs Yo La Tengo, Dinosaur Jr, Nuebauten, Kim Gordon , Black Midi vs Auditori acts (Bill Callahan). Hoping that DJ shadow not playing in Bits. My late thirties leg is weak as hell.

47 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Just discovered a great gem in Lingua Ignota. Will probably fill a late night slot at the Adidas stage in the same style as Myrkur or Anna von Hausswolff in previous years. 

Unfortunately she will feature on Thursday, the days are so uneven in quality this year that it is getting silly.  

Yeah probably my biggest discovery so far. Seems like she’d be really interesting to see live so hoping I can make room for her, although as you say it’s looking like it’s gonna be tough to squeeze in all these smaller acts. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Cool. Where did you hear this from? 

On the poster it says there will be indie shows on Sunday

Well they can't stop the nightime closing party - that would be insanity - and there are enough bands in the list. Seems like Jawbox will headline.

But there aren't enough bands by my calculation to do the afternoon shows and, seeing as they're making a big thing of this beach thing, I'm pretty certain it's being killed after a decade plus.

It's possible they will have some up and coming bands that you are unlikely to have heard of instead.

But in previous years they've had Twilight Sad, Mac de Marco, The Walkmen, Bradford Cox etc. RIP.

8 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Ehh, I feel like Primavera Stage and [FKA] Ray Ban Stage will be better fits for both.

well depends how many people would they attract,  primavera stage looks kinda smal for them, ray ban is more likely , Bauhaus is rare booking and I wouldnt be suprised to see them on mains tages, if Pavement is on main stages Im pretty sure then they both will be on main stages ...plus Im really hoping for it because of vip  tickets :)

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Yeah that's a shame. I've seen Squid quite a few times but was looking forward to Pile, however I only arrive on Wednesday afternoon. 

I'm also hoping Pile will play Weds night but they could also fit in Monday, Tuesday or Sunday so the odds are not good!

They used to give us details on the Ciutat days quickly/immediately but last year took an age and I'm expecting same again. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm also hoping Pile will play Weds night but they could also fit in Monday, Tuesday or Sunday so the odds are not good!

They used to give us details on the Ciutat days quickly/immediately but last year took an age and I'm expecting same again. 

Pile's booking agent has them listed as playing Sunday 7th

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

I arranged everything we know regarding stage/day splits on a document, allocating the top3 of each day to Mordor (been that way ever since 2013). Let me know if I missed anything?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r5P9nqSs1kEoZGSnG68LzN2PkVx0nOTy5iILOtmwYbw/edit?usp=sharing

I was just trying to figure out those Pitchfork day splits myself. Good job 😀 looks like I’m gonna be spending a lot of Saturday there.

25 minutes ago, Orens said:

I arranged everything we know regarding stage/day splits on a document, allocating the top3 of each day to Mordor (been that way ever since 2013). Let me know if I missed anything?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r5P9nqSs1kEoZGSnG68LzN2PkVx0nOTy5iILOtmwYbw/edit?usp=sharing

Amazing work. Careful though. You might inspire someone to have a go at a clashfinder ;)