Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I agree that Saturday is probably the weakest day but the undercard is stacked. Black Country New Road, Jenny Hval, Jamila Woods, Squarepusher, Jawbox, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Maria Del Mar Bonet, Les Amazones D'Afrique and The Caretaker is one hell of a day for me, and that's ignoring the top few lines!

Ah, that's a pretty awesome list when laid out like that!

for me even Saturday is stronger then any day from 2019 .... only thing that I woud change would be deleting bad bunny ( somehow I knew when he was announced for Sonar last year that he will be this year on Primavera, Im pretty sure that they work together, they both released line up on same day ) and puting Thom Yorke  instead of him.....and if they do some magic and bring my bloody  valentine or slowdive or mogwai  as primavera unexpected or something like that well I dont think they will ever match line up like this..but then again I dont give a fuck for new normal hip hop reggeaton or  new poppy music...and they have Tyler and Brockhampton  probably only two hiphop names that have my respect.... 

Edited by n=Nowheretohide
  • Upvote 1

And I was really hoping for forest swords, but they are not to be found not even on sonar menu...they already bought me for 2021 with this line up and  NIN :) I'm pretty sure that they have suffered financially from last year experiment regardless of official info how good it was sold, it wasn't, anybody who was there few years in row could saw a difference

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Matt could play this year's gig sober?

Lol. I thought we were being realistic about the sets... 

For real, though, the current sets include 3-4 High Violet songs. Do they even need an anniversary tour? 

I say this as someone who can't wait for this show but surely it'll just be the current album? Otherwise, they'd have advertised as High Violet 10. I don't see why it wouldn't be on the poster. 

2 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

And I was really hoping for forest swords, but they are not to be found not even on sonar menu...they already bought me for 2021 with this line up and  NIN :) I'm pretty sure that they have suffered financially from last year experiment regardless of official info how good it was sold, it wasn't, anybody who was there few years in row could saw a difference

I genuinely different feel like it was just as busy as other years. And didn't they break the attendance record on one of their days?

2 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Lol. I thought we were being realistic about the sets... 

For real, though, the current sets include 3-4 High Violet songs. Do they even need an anniversary tour? 

I say this as someone who can't wait for this show but surely it'll just be the current album? Otherwise, they'd have advertised as High Violet 10. I don't see why it wouldn't be on the poster. 

Given that The National hasn't promoted the new album in BCN yet, I think it's safe to say that is what we'll be getting.

7 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

I agree that Saturday is probably the weakest day but the undercard is stacked. Black Country New Road, Jenny Hval, Jamila Woods, Squarepusher, Jawbox, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Maria Del Mar Bonet, Les Amazones D'Afrique and The Caretaker is one hell of a day for me, and that's ignoring the top few lines!

Rapsody, Caroline Polachek, King Krule with his soon to be released third record,  Chromatic, OM and add with Bauhaus magic. Somehow Saturday lineup is stacked and stronger than Friday for my personal taste. 

The Saturday looks pretty good. I am really struggling with the Friday, so far one of the weekest looking days ever at Primavera. 

Tropical Fuck Storm will be my priority that day. Other than that no big draws but will try to catch Fontaines DC, King Gizzard, Lightning Bolt, Iosonouncane, Chaqueta de Chandál, Arthur Verocai and maybe Caribou. Might look into Pabllo Vittar as I love Brazilian culture. Hope there will be some nice additions for Hidden stage and Primavera Pro. 

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

I genuinely different feel like it was just as busy as other years. And didn't they break the attendance record on one of their days?

Interesting regarding 2019, I felt like it was almost another festival compared to the previous years. So much space, seemed like 75% of the attendance of 2018. 

8 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

and if they do some magic and bring my bloody  valentine or slowdive or mogwai  as primavera unexpected or something like that well I dont think they will ever match line up like this..

Those names would be highly welcome. Two years straight now without a single name in the post-rock/post-metal category (maybe except for some Primavera Pro participant). Wouldn't mind seeing Explosions in the Sky being added. They celebrate 20 years as a band which would be a good match for 20th Primavera Sound. 

9 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

Forest Swords was rumoured separately for both All Points East and Primavera but apparently he isn't doing festivals this year now. Imagine he will be out next year instead if that is the case (FS/NIN on the same day would be amazing).

And yes I certainly noticed a difference in attendance last year, some stages were a bit more spacious. This year will be a lot more packed purely because of those headline names pulling in casual buyers/people on day tickets.

Edited by jannybruck

57 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Those names would be highly welcome. Two years straight now without a single name in the post-rock/post-metal category (maybe except for some Primavera Pro participant). Wouldn't mind seeing Explosions in the Sky being added. They celebrate 20 years as a band which would be a good match for 20th Primavera Sound. 

Totally agree. EITS and/or  Mogwai would be perfect.

1 hour ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Interesting regarding 2019, I felt like it was almost another festival compared to the previous years. So much space, seemed like 75% of the attendance of 2018. 

I think they posted something showing that tickets were about 75%-85% sold out with well over a month to go so it would have been far more than 75%, assuming you believe them, and the Saturday ended up being 100% sold out.

Hi all

Can anyone clarify how Wednesday works.... Struggling to get info on website. Are shows open to public?  Free to all?  Ticketed?  I'm specifically thinking about the Mary Chain :)

Last time I did Primavera was 2014, awesome year!,  but can't remember how the pre main fest shows worked.

Also has food / drink changed much  in the festival since 2014?  I remember food was pretty poor, and drink choice very limited.😁

2 minutes ago, thespiral said:

Hi all

Can anyone clarify how Wednesday works.... Struggling to get info on website. Are shows open to public?  Free to all?  Ticketed?  I'm specifically thinking about the Mary Chain :)

Last time I did Primavera was 2014, awesome year!,  but can't remember how the pre main fest shows worked.

Also has food / drink changed much  in the festival since 2014?  I remember food was pretty poor, and drink choice very limited.😁

Weds early eve - open to public - both JAMC and Metronomy to play. Wouldn’t expect either to be in the auditori (ticketed) but it’s vaguely possible. Maybe half a dozen others.

Then later that night club shows in town, the City Slang names on the poster plus a couple more.

Food is better, more choice, but still lots of crap so pays to shop around.

Drink is slightly better with a small number of niche bars doing nicer drinks but standard fare at the regular bars. 

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Weds early eve - open to public - both JAMC and Metronomy to play. Wouldn’t expect either to be in the auditori (ticketed) but it’s vaguely possible. Maybe half a dozen others.

Then later that night club shows in town, the City Slang names on the poster plus a couple more.

Food is better, more choice, but still lots of crap so pays to shop around.

Drink is slightly better with a small number of niche bars doing nicer drinks but standard fare at the regular bars. 

Thanks

You think Mary Chain likely to be on one of the bigger Parc del Forum stages then ?

11 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

A Primavera weak day is still a good day :)

Best new discovery so far is Helado Negro, can't wait to see what he has to offer live.

27 minutes ago, livenstu said:

A Primavera weak day is still a good day :)

Best new discovery so far is Helado Negro, can't wait to see what he has to offer live.

A lot of people over on reddit were singing his praises.

Rapsody has been a good discovery. Best rap act I've come across since Little Simz.

• Upvote 1