Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Sunday at the Apolo has always been one of my favorite parts of Primavera but I’d highly consider this beach brunch. They put together a great lineup and I feel like I hardly ever make it down there during the festival.

Especially if the Monday - Wednesday shows at the Apolo are strong.. which it looks they will be. 

11 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

Sunday at the Apolo has always been one of my favorite parts of Primavera but I’d highly consider this beach brunch. They put together a great lineup and I feel like I hardly ever make it down there during the festival.

Especially if the Monday - Wednesday shows at the Apolo are strong.. which it looks they will be. 

If you are able to do Monday to Wednesday late night club shows plus three long Forum days of smashing it up into the small hours..and still have energy for a dance party on the Sunday afternoon, well, you have my undying respect

9 minutes ago, primaveralolz said:

Yes. Teki Latex is closing out the Apolo Sunday night and you should not miss it, his boiler room is an absolute trip. Stick with it, basically 3 different sets in one, all amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFVhkGahfso

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 3.25.02 PM.png

So we've got either electronic acts on the beach, or electronic acts at Apollo? Thought they'd try to mix it up

13 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Not sure about this - some of the bands look like they're on my page, if heavily front-loaded into the first two days.

Wonder if there's any word The National will be playing this as part of their High Violet run or if its sticking just now to Homecoming and BKS.

They would have said by now if it was High Violet. Disappointing.

I'm also in the Thu and Fri are much better than Sat camp.

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They would have said by now if it was High Violet. Disappointing.

I'm also in the Thu and Fri are much better than Sat camp.

Agreed but if they're bringing all the stuff from their Homecoming Festival across to Europe just for that BKS gig to do a High Violet show, I assumed there'd be more on those lines, though I'm aware its not been billed as such for their set with Foo Fighters in Lisbon at the end of June. My hope is still for a High Violet show in England, and not just because they have a song with that name. I think the likeliest would've been All Points East if it wasn't for the fact they did the launch event in 2018.

Friday appeals the most though. I like The Strokes and Beck, Maggie Rogers is a cool supporting act, and I think it would be nice to catch Lana Del Rey and Fontaines DC.

Not sure if they do day tickets but hey its something to think about I guess.

Edited by charlierc

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Agreed but if they're bringing all the stuff from their Homecoming Festival across to Europe just for that BKS gig to do a High Violet show, I assumed there'd be more on those lines, though I'm aware its not been billed as such for their set with Foo Fighters in Lisbon at the end of June. My hope is still for a High Violet show in England - likeliest would be All Points East if it wasn't for the fact they did the launch event in 2018.

Friday appeals the most though. I like The Strokes and Beck, Maggie Rogers is a cool supporting act, and I think it would be nice to catch Lana Del Rey and Fontaines DC.

Something to think about I guess.

Probably being a bit dumb but what stuff to they have to bring for a High Violet show? Don't they just have to play different songs?

Edited by xxialac

Just now, xxialac said:

Probably being a bit dumb but what stuff to they have to bring for a High Violet show? Don't they just have to play different songs?

Wouldn't imagine its a lot, but I thought the nature of the show billed when they announced it for Homecoming Festival is that it would include guest musicians and some different production techniques, meaning it might therefore depend on changes due to their availability. Maybe I just misunderstood though - I'm not sure what exactly they had planned for Homecoming.

I agree that Saturday is probably the weakest day but the undercard is stacked. Black Country New Road, Jenny Hval, Jamila Woods, Squarepusher, Jawbox, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Maria Del Mar Bonet, Les Amazones D'Afrique and The Caretaker is one hell of a day for me, and that's ignoring the top few lines!

I agree on that positive note. On Saturday I will love to see Iggy, Tyler, Mavis Staples, Diiv, Bauhaus, Chromatics, Weyes Blood, Caroline Polacheck, Shame, Vagina Dentata Organ, Desire, Jenny Hval, Abbath, Tim Burgess, … Might be fun with BigKlit as well. And still a lot of unknown names for me to research. Its gonna be clashes.