Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, Createur said:

What we know so far:

• Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever on Monday
  • The Jesus And Mary Chain + Metronomy  on Wednesday (most likely Parc Del Forum)
  • City Slang: Boy Harsher, Afrodeutsche, Health, Roosevelt, Noga Erez, Le Hammond Inferno, Coma, Jakuzi on Wednesday (most likely Sala Apolo)
  • Pitchfork Stage Thursday: Kim Gordon, black midi, Sampa the Great, Girl in Red, Rina Sawayama, Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop, Carla
  • Pitchfork Stage Friday: Earl Sweatshirt, Fontaines D.C., Mariah the Scientist, Helado Negro, Chaqueta de Chandal, Young Marco
  • Pitchfork Stage Saturday: Jawbox, DIIV, Caroline Polacheck, Shame, Tim Burgess, Leon Vynehall, Crudo Pimento
  • Auditori Thursday: AEAEA
  • Auditori Saturday: Maria Del Mar Bonet, Jenny Hval

Jawbox are playing the Apolo too.

Tuesday, Wednesday or Sunday. As they're playing Saturday, Sunday is most likely plus Sunday needs a headliner and they are a natural fit. And the other would-be headliner (Les Savy Fav) is playing Thursday - less suited to playing Sunday.

15 minutes ago, Createur said:

What we know so far:

• Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever on Monday
  • The Jesus And Mary Chain + Metronomy  on Wednesday (most likely Parc Del Forum)
  • City Slang: Boy Harsher, Afrodeutsche, Health, Roosevelt, Noga Erez, Le Hammond Inferno, Coma, Jakuzi on Wednesday (most likely Sala Apolo)
  • Pitchfork Stage Thursday: Kim Gordon, black midi, Sampa the Great, Girl in Red, Rina Sawayama, Kampire & Decay: Bunu Bop, Carla
  • Pitchfork Stage Friday: Earl Sweatshirt, Fontaines D.C., Mariah the Scientist, Helado Negro, Chaqueta de Chandal, Young Marco
  • Pitchfork Stage Saturday: Jawbox, DIIV, Caroline Polacheck, Shame, Tim Burgess, Leon Vynehall, Crudo Pimento
  • Auditori Thursday: AEAEA
  • Auditori Saturday: Maria Del Mar Bonet, Jenny Hval

Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Gutted. I don't arrive until Wednesday.

Any chance of two shows? :(

imo Pavement, Bikini Kill and Bauhaus are all great reunions with a lot of wow factor. i think only the fact that 2/3 were well know months/ a year before makes this less exciting 

the problem is with most of the other big acts, who have been touring A LOT in Europe in the past years.  maybe the strokes would have been the surprise of the bunch if they have done this a 2 years ago when they were still in hiatus, now it's not such a big deal -at least right now, it could change if they pull off a great album.

I think many are underestimating Massive Attack.

They're great innovators and, as well as coming to Barcelona by train to reduce their carbon footprint, they are bound to do something that will make the show special.

Suspect they are headlining APE the week before. Am expecting a high quality production and possibly some star guests.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Get Young Fathers on board and have them do a surprise set as well 

I think they've done that already and they do like to keep mixing things up.

Given their passion for the environment, maybe that is featured somehow in the new shows. They'll have had about 6 months to get ready and all the top visual artists want to work with them.

Maybe they could persuade Hope Sandoval to join them? What a voice...

my nationalist side speaking, but I don't understand why there are never portuguese (from portugal) artists and bands playing in primavera barcelona, we have quite some good artists that fit the festival and even with a festival in porto and gabi's connection with paredes de coura i keep getting surprised by not seeing any there

3 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

my nationalist side speaking, but I don't understand why there are never portuguese (from portugal) artists and bands playing in primavera barcelona, we have quite some good artists that fit the festival and even with a festival in porto and gabi's connection with paredes de coura i keep getting surprised by not seeing any there

Violet is portuguese. 

41 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think many are underestimating Massive Attack.

They're great innovators and, as well as coming to Barcelona by train to reduce their carbon footprint, they are bound to do something that will make the show special.

Suspect they are headlining APE the week before. Am expecting a high quality production and possibly some star guests.

New album would be great. Otherwise, always nice to catch them but nothing really exciting 

15 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

I have just listened  tropical fuck storm, think its their only album and its really really really good, like tropical nick cave , it really have potential to be awsome gig ! 

Tropical Fuck Storm has two albums. I saw their gig a month ago and whole club was in fire, all visiters were raptured. They are rightly on right place.