Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Hmm don't know if I'll be attending it this year. One thing that worries me is if Pavement and The National will be playing in a row on the opposite main stages - making it impossible to get a good slot for both. The dream would be if another band is sandwiched on the other stage between them, so it's possible to catch one spot and see both of them.

4 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Hmm don't know if I'll be attending it this year. One thing that worries me is if Pavement and The National will be playing in a row on the opposite main stages - making it impossible to get a good slot for both. The dream would be if another band is sandwiched on the other stage between them, so it's possible to catch one spot and see both of them.

I'd say 75% chance they'll be alternating on the main stages. 25% chance it will be The National->Massive Attack->Pavement. Maybe The National will play twice?

Tropical Fuckstorm were hands down the best band i saw in 2019. If anyone ever saw a band called the Drones, it's basically them with a different drummer. 

I saw Fontaines DC on sunday and they were so very boring.

Maybe tells you more about me than those bands though.

Edited by riseupandkill
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bram said:

Would love to have Angel Olsen on the lineup. She belongs on Primavera instead of Mad Cool.

Angel Olsen mentioned Primavera in her 2019 Fader interview:

"“I’m not worried about breaking out anymore,” she says. “I already did that in my mind. I don’t need to play Primavera Sound every year and play the best slot at every festival. I just wanna keep making music. I feel a little bit more fulfilled by other things now, and it doesn’t entirely depend on being accepted as a famous musician.” (  https://www.thefader.com/2019/09/17/angel-olsen-all-mirrors-interview )

She is rumoured to sometimes have a bit difficult personality in the past, and you can read some of that in between the lines in this interview.

However I am sure she will feature in future editions of Primvera.

15 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

I saw Fontaines DC on sunday and they were so very boring.

I caught Fontaines DC on a bad day at Øya 19. Still I know they can play very good club sets. We will have to see what shape and mood they are in at Primavera.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, puckno said:

"“I’m not worried about breaking out anymore,” she says. “I already did that in my mind. I don’t need to play Primavera Sound every year and play the best slot at every festival. I just wanna keep making music. I feel a little bit more fulfilled by other things now, and it doesn’t entirely depend on being accepted as a famous musician.” (  https://www.thefader.com/2019/09/17/angel-olsen-all-mirrors-interview )

She is rumoured to sometimes have a bit difficult personality in the past, and you can read some of that in between the lines in this interview.

As with all acts and overseas ones in particular, if the tour dates don't coincide there's not much Primavera can do to bring a band there.

Looks like she's touring Europe in July/August, maybe next year she'll come earlier.

10 minutes ago, puckno said:

Have a high hope that Gabi will booked Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, Phoebe Bridgers or Jenny Lewis for 2020. I think they all have created an excellent record in 2019. Well... like Massive Attack said... Be Thankful for What You've Got.

5 minutes ago, Bram said:

Have a high hope that Gabi will booked Angel Olsen, Sharon Van Etten, Phoebe Bridgers or Jenny Lewis for 2020. I think they all have created an excellent record in 2019. Well... like Massive Attack said... Be Thankful for What You've Got.

They missed a golden opportunity to have Massive Attack do a duet with her:

You are my Angel...

Edited by xxialac

57 minutes ago, Createur said:

There has to be a reason why there is no press release on the official site and why they are holding back the official poster with day splits?

Maybe they are still working on something.

I may be wrong but I think in the past we have always had the press release and always had day splits immediately.

The latter I can understand (e.g. one of the headliners' has asked to play a different day) but the former is really odd now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bram said:

Phoebe is touring with The 1975 over primavera 👎😕 just announced yesterday 

I am afraid clashes will be a massacre on saturday if they stick to the pavement leak... 
I can see the main stages being something like Tyler- bad bunny- pnl - disclosure with Bauhaus and Iggy on the primavera stage and King Krule and Chromatics on the rayban stage. Otherwise and hopefully, we could have Bauhaus with them on the main stage. I don't think they would dare making Tyler clash with Bauhaus, but I am pretty confident Iggy and chromatics will clash with someone worth seeing.

Edited by whos3000

Obviously not going to happen but it would be funny if they were adding Frank Ocean after all. Would sell even faster than if they put him on their original poster.

All the other days have 3 names top line and there is actually the perfect amount of space for him on the poster on Friday 5th : )

Edited by xxialac

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Obviously not going to happen but it would be funny if they were adding Frank Ocean after all. Would sell even faster than if they put him on their original poster.

All the other days have 3 names top line and there is actually the perfect amount of space for him on the poster on Friday 5th : )

I have this weird feeling that he'll be added to the poster. Although Friday is the day that'll sell better with The Strokes / Lana as headliners. If they were to add him I assume it'd be on the Saturday. It has a questionable pack of headliners in terms of sales.

Just now, diogozsz said:

I have this weird feeling that he'll be added to the poster. Although Friday is the day that'll sell better with The Strokes / Lana as headliners. If they were to add him I assume it'd be on the Saturday. It has a questionable pack of headliners in terms of sales.

announced on Monday presumably (20/01/20 at 20.20)...oh jeez not that again : )

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Almost zero chance

hope so. The National is my favorite band ever. And it will be the 3rd time I'm seeing them, but Massive Attack is huge value band that I have to see. 

also would like to see Cigarettes after sex, hope they're all playing in a different time. Me and my wife coming to Primavera for the first time. I'm feeling very excited about that. 

• Upvote 1