Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Someone on the o/s has had a go at suggesting names for the auditori. Probably will end up being about right, though I'm not convinced by Weyes Blood there.

THURSDAY
Floating Points Falaise Ensemble
Lingua Ignota
AEAEA
Weyes Blood

FRIDAY
Richard Dawson
Arthur Verocai
Iosonouncane
Jessica Pratt

SATURDAY
Maria del Mar Bonet (confirmed)
Jenny Hval (confirmed)
The Caretaker
Mavis Staples

If this is the case, then I'll be in the Auditori for most of the weekend! 

So is anyone else here excited by the prospect of seeing Bauhaus? I feel like their reunion has been quite unnoticed. Wondering if Primavera has perhaps got them on a festival exclusive though? Seems everywhere else they're playing is just normal shows

Murphy's voice isn't what it used to be but ill be damned if I'm not going to be there. Honestly might dye my hair black for the occasion. 

Edited by Gilgamesh69

36 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So is anyone else here excited by the prospect of seeing Bauhaus? I feel like their reunion has been quite unnoticed. Wondering if Primavera has perhaps got them on a festival exclusive though? Seems everywhere else they're playing is just normal shows

Murphy's voice isn't what it used to be but ill be damned if I'm not going to be there. Honestly might dye my hair black for the occasion. 

I'm tempted to dress like a vampire for their set. I'm hoping it's a real late one.

Edited by youcoolman69

My favorite time of the month. Dissecting the poster and exploring artist that I've never heard before or good record that I'm missing out. 

Helado Negredo is really good, it's like listening to Sufjan with Joao Gilberto Ambience. Also in awe with Sampa the Great and Rapsody record, hopefully they will perform with full band rather than DJ.

and Jawbox, just had a chance to listen their discography... WOOOW..

Looking forward for the timetable already LOL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But why should we believe this person on FB?

Well, at the time we have no other sources:
- I have asked Primavera, they answered with reference to the Ciutat programme not yet been released so they couldn´t tell.
- I have also sent a question on this to the band, they have not yet answered.
- Monday, in general, makes sense, with respect to last years opening show on Monday by Deerhunter, and with respect to the Sunday spots usually been taken with bands also playing within the three regular days. 
- This is the first source that pretend to be in the knowing.
It might still be wrong, of course.

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

Good spot. So that means either Jawbox or Les Savy Fav are headlining the closing party.

I can just about understand someone pretending to know the lineup when they don't but to pretend to know which day of the week a minor band is playing would be the mark of a psychopath.

Noticed that Les Savy Fav are down for Thursday which is a long way from Sunday.

So I'd guess Les Savy Fav are playing Tuesday/Wednesday and Jawbox are leading the Sunday closing party.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm guessing bad journalism, but I'd be stoked if this proved to be true.

Didn't go the last two years but who were (if any) the noticeable surprise sets? Any crossover from Mad Cool/other competing fests?

Edited by FloorFiller

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm guessing bad journalism, but I'd be stoked if this proved to be true.

Didn't go the last two years but who were (if any) the noticeable surprise sets? Any crossover from Mad Cool/other competing fests?

Pretty sure either a shoddy journalist or just maybe she was originally meant to be on the lineup before pulling out. 

Her being at Vida is the killer.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Rolling Blackouts not playing the main fest is a bummer - would've loved to have seen them (and more bands like them) across the weekend).

They're playing the week before (Sat 23 May) at APE if you can get yourself to London. Will be lots of other similar indie bands as is the Tame Impala day.

Bill Callahan not getting much love, bit of a dream booking for Primavera i think, has he played before?  Saw him last year & if he plays the Auditori that's a must see.

Also loving Squid, can imagine they will be a party live.  Big Freedia too, bringing some New Orleans Bounce to the festival, could satisfy the Lizzo / Missy Elliott gap.  Brittany Howard as mentioned elsewhere should also be great.

Also thanks to people on here highlighting Arthur Verocai, feels like such a rare booking, and could be magic live.

1 minute ago, livenstu said:

Bill Callahan not getting much love, bit of a dream booking for Primavera i think, has he played before?  Saw him last year & if he plays the Auditori that's a must see.

Also loving Squid, can imagine they will be a party live.  Big Freedia too, bringing some New Orleans Bounce to the festival, could satisfy the Lizzo / Missy Elliott gap.  Brittany Howard as mentioned elsewhere should also be great.

Also thanks to people on here highlighting Arthur Verocai, feels like such a rare booking, and could be magic live.

Good calls. Bill Callahan is an absolute genius but needs intimacy/focus. Auditori is made for him, they'd better put him there.