Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Interesting perspective.  For me this line up is really strong, but I might be showing my age.  I went to all editions between 2011 and 2016 and I think this line up must be stronger than any of those.  It's absolutely better than last year.  I felt "The New Normal" was a questionable attempt at disguising a fairly weak line up.

See last year I was blown away by Danny Brown and FKA Twigs, nothing on this line up feels like it's gonna do that for me.

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

if we were, that's the kind of things that appear on the poster or at least on the info mail. Jeff mills is mentioned on the mail, but without orchestra, sadly I think we wont get it

Possibly they don't have all the contracts in place yet on the finer detail and didn't want to commit until legally in place and watertight.

They don't mention a single band with orchestra in the mail and yet surely there will be at least one, based on his comments.

Just now, Martin_89 said:

Could the new Nicolas Jaar project be with orchestra? He is working with a guy that’s known for playing with orchestra

No – I saw it at Rewire. It was very boring.

Gabi will probably have been referring to the Floating Points ensemble. Orchestras are expensive to book and the poster would have mentioned if anyone else was doing it with one.

Hey gang. Bit of a cheeky question. I've got a mate who wants to come. Every year he normally gets a ticket last minute off Ticketswap as you can normally get them for quite cheap. With the whole DICE system in place does anyone think this may change this year? You can still buy tickets through Red Tkt so it's still possible for people to sell tickets away from DICE.

2 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Gabi will probably have been referring to the Floating Points ensemble. Orchestras are expensive to book and the poster would have mentioned if anyone else was doing it with one.

Did you? I thought it premiered at Le Guess Who? I was there and enjoyed it. 

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Did you? I thought it premiered at Le Guess Who? I was there and enjoyed it. 

Sorry – meant Le Guess Who, they blur into one.

I didn't love it, but definitely didn't seem like something that would be booked with an orchestra, particularly as it's an unknown project even with NJ involved.

3 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Hey gang. Bit of a cheeky question. I've got a mate who wants to come. Every year he normally gets a ticket last minute off Ticketswap as you can normally get them for quite cheap. With the whole DICE system in place does anyone think this may change this year? You can still buy tickets through Red Tkt so it's still possible for people to sell tickets away from DICE.

I just bought mine on Festicket, so I imagine that there is still opportunity to get e-tickets. 

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Great spot. 

Shaping up to be one of the best Weds ever with at least Jesus and Mary Chain and Metronomy too.

This all at the same venue later on or is it at multiple venues across city? Not getting to Barce until around 5pm but would be pissed if I ended up missing a lot of this - TJAMC top of the list.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

This all at the same venue later on or is it at multiple venues across city? Not getting to Barce until around 5pm but would be pissed if I ended up missing a lot of this - TJAMC top of the list.

You won't miss anything. The City Slang stuff will be around midnight in likelihood. And TJAMC at 10pm ish.

49 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I don't think you saw this project at Rewire. He played at Rewire with Nicolas Jaar Group and also did a solo set, while this set with Patrick Higgins was debuted (and only appeared so far) at Le Guess Who?. (It was amazing at LGW? by the way.)

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Am selling one ticket at an earlyish bird price on Twickets. Not sold a festival ticket like this before PS said I can sell it and didn't specify where. Tips on best place to list it would be welcome. Thanks!