Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

29 minutes ago, csence said:

yes, actuall, thats what i hope for :) id be very surprised if there werent any extraordinary gigs, taking the hidden stage and 2017s last minute announcements like AF and haim

I loved that in 2017 - Haim are not my bag but the buzz around the site when they were announced was great. Same when that Arcade Fire surprise show was announced on the app - I just remember crowds of people sprinting in one direction to get to the stage. 😅

I had definitely hoped for a lot more mid-tier acts that I recognised - over the last few years, I've been lucky to see Deerhunter, Wolf Parade, Broken Social Scene, Mitski, Hamilton Leithauser, Whitney, Car Seat Headrest, Rostam, Hinds and a few others during the early evenings (and late nights) at the festival and I don't see as many of that type of act that I'm interested in.

There's probably more headline and top tier acts than I've ever been keen on this time, though, so it all balances out.

5 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I loved that in 2017 - Haim are not my bag but the buzz around the site when they were announced was great. Same when that Arcade Fire surprise show was announced on the app - I just remember crowds of people sprinting in one direction to get to the stage. 😅

I had definitely hoped for a lot more mid-tier acts that I recognised - over the last few years, I've been lucky to see Deerhunter, Wolf Parade, Broken Social Scene, Mitski, Hamilton Leithauser, Whitney, Car Seat Headrest, Rostam, Hinds and a few others during the early evenings (and late nights) at the festival and I don't see as many of that type of act that I'm interested in.

There's probably more headline and top tier acts than I've ever been keen on this time, though, so it all balances out.

Yeah I know what you mean. Seems to be a lot less mid tier indie-ish bands that I’m excited about this year compared to previous years and a few acts of that ilk missing that I thought were a sure thing. Hoping to discover some stuff after delving in to the lineup a bit more.

• Upvote 1

I gotta say, been going for 4 years and this is the first line-up that's felt like a bit of a dud. I've got reunion fatigue and there's no way that the Pavement thing isn't just another cash grab. Maybe I'll warm up to it but I dunno, not feeling the urge to go immediately book flights/tickets at the moment.

17 minutes ago, cortomaltese said:

Any idea (from locals maybe) what is 'Alegria i Compromis' which is written down of ' brunch on the beach'?

- a bit strange to have at the cartel such a thing, related with food.

I think there's a dance promoter they are working with called 'Brunch something' so they are just using the same name and it doesn't relate to food. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I guess they might headline the Sunday as Jesus and Mary Chain and Metronomy are doing Wednesday. Might be the next biggest act. Or could be Jawbox. 

Yeah, but we don´t know though, as Deerhunter played Monday last year. And the Sunday acts often tend to be playing on the main days too, RBCF do not.

27 minutes ago, duckula said:

I gotta say, been going for 4 years and this is the first line-up that's felt like a bit of a dud. I've got reunion fatigue and there's no way that the Pavement thing isn't just another cash grab. Maybe I'll warm up to it but I dunno, not feeling the urge to go immediately book flights/tickets at the moment.

Interesting perspective.  For me this line up is really strong, but I might be showing my age.  I went to all editions between 2011 and 2016 and I think this line up must be stronger than any of those.  It's absolutely better than last year.  I felt "The New Normal" was a questionable attempt at disguising a fairly weak line up.

Just booked my ticket. I think it's a ridiculously good lineup and very good value, definitely the best of the year so far. The headliners and mid-level acts are stacked to hell, I'm worried about clashes. But even the smaller acts like Ben UFO, Mica Levi, Helado Negro, Black Country, New Road, Jessica Pratt, Shame, Girl In Red, 100 Gecs, Squid and Jenny Hval are fantastic.

I'm very excited!

Just now, chilirocker said:

Just booked my ticket. I think it's a ridiculously good lineup and very good value, definitely the best of the year so far. The headliners and mid-level acts are stacked to hell, I'm worried about clashes. But even the smaller acts like Ben UFO, Mica Levi, Helado Negro, Black Country, New Road, Jessica Pratt, Shame, Girl In Red, 100 Gecs, Squid and Jenny Hval are fantastic.

I'm very excited!

Don't want to dampen your great enthusiasm but Mica Levi isn't playing. Oddly it's a DJ set.