Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Every show The Strokes do is a celebration of that album considering they near enough play it in its entirety every time.

Yeah, absolutely.

I think it will go the other way and they will be keen to play their new material at the expense of some of their old songs. Probably a bit fed up of doing the same set for years.

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So tell me folks:

-What's the best day there?

-What's the worst day there?

-When will we we get daysplits for the Primavera a la Ciutat stuff? 

It's too early to say for me, need to study the undercard but the Thursday is certainly stacked.

Until 2018 they always gave the day breakdown with the poster.

Can anyone remember when we got it last year? Don't think it was the same week.

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

Sonar's poster is massive, with a ton of electronic acts I wanted on the Prima bill

image.thumb.png.3e414c51ff28d8af921d66792dec3141.png 

Ooh that Sonar By Night has a few very nice names that I'd have liked at PS. 

Anyone make any discoveries they want to share yet? I wanted to start picking at random today but, instead, I went with Cigarettes After Sex and Weyes Blood. 

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Furthermore, I saw that some of the la Ciutat stuff is on the same day as the main festival. Isn't that stuff going to be pretty difficult to catch without missing a bunch of stuff at del Forum? 🤔

Have a look at a clashfinder. There's barely any overlap and unlikely to be a bigger band playing in the Ciutat during the festival hours.

1 minute ago, Martin_89 said:

I'm very suprised we didn't get Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees or Bradford Cox (in some kind of form). Maybe they play in some kind of #UNEXPECTED show?

Think I saw someone on twitter say they had talked to Bradford and he had implied he was going to be there.

Primavera is like oxygen to him, surely he'll make an appearance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Ooh that Sonar By Night has a few very nice names that I'd have liked at PS. 

Anyone make any discoveries they want to share yet? I wanted to start picking at random today but, instead, I went with Cigarettes After Sex and Weyes Blood. 

id have had many acts (not only from sonar) who had a chance but are not there. sleater kinney, rapture, white reaper, frank, supergrass, etc, its a shame.

but ive already started mapping those i dont know. arthur verocai (bossa nova psych soul funk) is pretty good and i enjoy die katapult (infantile proto electropop) as well

2 minutes ago, csence said:

id have had many acts (not only from sonar) who had a chance but are not there. sleater kinney, rapture, white reaper, frank, supergrass, etc, its a shame.

but ive already started mapping those i dont know. arthur verocai (bossa nova psych soul funk) is pretty good and i enjoy die katapult (infantile proto electropop) as well

We will definitely have some more names with the Hidden Stage plus chance for surprises with the anniversary so not necessarily the case that these bands won't play!

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

We will definitely have some more names with the Hidden Stage plus chance for surprises with the anniversary so not necessarily the case that these bands won't play!

yes, actuall, thats what i hope for :) id be very surprised if there werent any extraordinary gigs, taking the hidden stage and 2017s last minute announcements like AF and haim