Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

So have they completely ditched the 50/50 thing after having made such a big deal last year? Ticket sales can’t have been great 

Apparently the lineup is 53% female/non binary, so it’s still there, but obviously just not apparent in the headliners.

• Upvote 2

Browsing through the lineup it looks like at least 50% women. Not among the headliners though. Probably better to put on a great festival than having to cancel it altogether just because there are not many female headliners available. 

6-7 years back there never used to be much talk about headliners at Primavera. I would assume people not focusing as much on headliners at this festival will have a lot more fun. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

Les Savy Fav and Health performing after one another at the Apollo on the Wednesday would really be something.

Some inconsistencies between the lineup from Pavement and the official one. I cant see Les Savy Fav in the Thursday to Saturday section. Pile play both the maindays and the ciutat program which was not the case on the poster from Pavement fb. 

Edited by Olivedal 1904

Incredible line-up!

So happy for so many names, they make me forget the names not on the bill.

positve surprises:

COMA (german duo with a great last album 'voyage,voyage' for people who like WEVAL, CARIBOU, PARCELS or JEAN MICHEL JARRE)

BLACK COFFEE

TEKI LATEX

AEAEA

BLACK LIPS

PNL (sold out concert in june in my country for 70 EUR a ticket)

we ar really blessed with this line-up!!!

(not surprised for Frank Ocean though, I really love his music, but why booking him again and taking the risk of seeing him cancelling again for some lame ass reason and making a fool out of the primavera organization)

Outside of there being something great on at the same time I’m guessing I’ll reluctantly be dragged along to see The Strokes again, so hoping they put a better effort in than last time.

In fact, looking at how ludicrously stacked the top of the Friday lineup is I don’t see myself moving away from the main stages much at all that day. The Strokes, Lana, Beck, Brockhampton, Bikini Kill, Kacey, Caribou, King Giz... unreal! 

19 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

Les Savy Fav and Health performing after one another at the Apollo on the Wednesday would really be something.

Some inconsistencies between the lineup from Pavement and the official one. I cant see Les Savy Fav in the Thursday to Saturday section. Pile play both the maindays and the ciutat program which was not the case on the poster from Pavement fb. 

On Thurs-Sat section, Les Savy Fav are listed under S for some reason. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, xxialac said:

this looks like how they normally write their long description i.e. with more detail (in Spanish)

https://muzikalia.com/primavera-sound-2020-desvela-cartel-mas-completo-historia/

For anyone looking, this is the press release I was emailed. (As you can see, it’s unnecessarily long, hence my reluctance to stick it here!)

Line-up is decent, although for me personally I don't know if there's quite enough to make me take the plunge for the first time, given the extra expense of hotel and flights... partly that's because I'm too old/out of touch to know most of the smaller names :)

The National doing High Violet might just have swung it but from that it doesn't look like they are? 

Is this likely to sell out do we think? And if so when? Might hold out hope that the big-draw names will be at Glastonbury and come back to this when the resale is inevitably a washout.

Made up for everyone who's going that the line-up is finally here and a good one! Been following this thread as a lurker for a while.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I did wonder how they were going to fill out the Sunday afternoon with enough people, given how many will be too tired or will have left. Looks like they'll also be selling tickets to it so there's the answer.

Brunch On the Beach is such a naff name - like something you'd find at a really tacky festival

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Line-up is decent, although for me personally I don't know if there's quite enough to make me take the plunge for the first time, given the extra expense of hotel and flights... partly that's because I'm too old/out of touch to know most of the smaller names :)

The National doing High Violet might just have swung it but from that it doesn't look like they are? 

Is this likely to sell out do we think? And if so when? Might hold out hope that the big-draw names will be at Glastonbury and come back to this when the resale is inevitably a washout.

Made up for everyone who's going that the line-up is finally here and a good one! Been following this thread as a lurker for a while.

With no big, big name, it surely won't sell out in the next month at least and possibly at all.

It would be odd if The National don't do High Violet as they are doing it the following week and there's precedent with Built To Spill (did an album in full last year but not referenced on the poster) 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

With no big, big name, it surely won't sell out in the next month at least and possibly at all.

It would be odd if The National don't do High Violet as they are doing it the following week and there's precedent with Built To Spill (did an album in full last year but not referenced on the poster) 

Thanks. I just find it odd on The National thing that they specially say it for other festivals they are doing. But you could well be right.

9 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Moreover, the TJAMC set IS mentioned to be a 'play Darklands' set.

Yeah but there's loads of space for it where it sits on the poster.

Getting "Pavement", "Massive Attack" and "The National play High Violet" onto one line of a poster seems pretty much impossible if you look at the available space and they can't relegate an act.

Edited by xxialac

Just now, xxialac said:

Yeah but there's loads of space for it where it sits on the poster.

Getting "Pavement", "Massive Attack" and "The National play High Violet" onto one line of a poster seems pretty much impossible if you look at the available space and they can're relegate an act.

Actually I think the biggest reason to think they won't do it is more than it's not mentioned in the press release.

On balance, I think they won't be playing High Violet :(

The one day I don't go onto the forum and I miss all the excitement 😆

Only heard the lineup had dropped this morning so decided to go on an amusing journey through the pages on here for the big reveal! 

Still trying to digest it all but the lineup looks STACKED. Thank you Primavera, thank you Pavement. 

The National going from first band of the day in 2018 to third in line this year makes me think this years performance isn’t a regular ‘greatest hits’ set and will be a album specific show. Maybe that’s a load of bollocks and it is odd it isn’t mentioned, but with all their other shows being High Violet ones that’s what I’m expecting. I’ll be happy either way - not seen them do a proper full set, just their tepidly received Glastonbury sub slot.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The National going from first band of the day in 2018 to third in line this year makes me think this years performance isn’t a regular ‘greatest hits’ set and will be a album specific show. Maybe that’s a load of bollocks and it is odd it isn’t mentioned, but with all their other shows being High Violet ones that’s what I’m expecting. I’ll be happy either way - not seen them do a proper full set, just their tepidly received Glastonbury sub slot.

They are doing lots of non-High Violet shows, including 3 in Ireland the same week as Primavera.

Maybe they'll do a 'secret' HV show, as well as their main show. I feel that might be the best hope now.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye, I'm hoping for a HV set but I'll be happy with either. I caught them last month and they're still on really top form. 

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

They are doing lots of non-High Violet shows, including 3 in Ireland the same week as Primavera.

Maybe they'll do a 'secret' HV show. I feel that might be the best hope now.

Ah didn’t know that. Eh, I’d be happy with either, although them being back two years later just doing another regular set is a bit odd/stale, even if they have released a new album between both festivals.