Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I think this approach is problematic. Suggesting an all male band is new normal friendly due to incorporating a female guest vocalist, is like saying that a steak meal is vegetarian because it comes with a Brussel sprout. 

How is it like that? Liz is on the album and part of how all those shows were announced. It's more like saying a steak with a side of brussel sprouts doesn't count as eating veggies because you're still also eating steak. 

Just now, fartnugget said:

How is it like that? Liz is on the album and part of how all those shows were announced. It's more like saying a steak with a side of brussel sprouts doesn't count as eating veggies because you're still also eating steak. 

She's still considered a guest, not an artist on her own for booking and lineup purposes

17 minutes ago, fartnugget said:

"Massive Attack with Elizabeth Fraser" is still a prominent female name at the top of the lineup, whether you people consider her a "real" act or not. 

I think she sung on about a paltry 3 or max 4 songs on the last tour and wouldn't feature on the poster anyway. 

Smacks of tokenism - worse than not having a woman at all to try and trick people in this way.

Edited by xxialac

3 minutes ago, fartnugget said:

Legendary musician singing on legendary songs she recorded doesn’t sound like tricking people to me. 

100% of the original members are men, 100% of the current members are men and 17% of the set is sung by a female guest vocalist who also recorded the original songs.

To call that a female act is gender wash.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/massive-attack/2019/radio-city-music-hall-new-york-ny-6b9c26ee.html

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Last year they had 9 top line, 13 second line

2020:

Top: Frank Ocean, LDR, Bad Bunny, The National performs HV, Massive Attack, Disclosure, Thom Yorke, Tyler TC, Kacey Musgraves

Second: Beck, Pavement, Damon Albarn, Max Richter, Chromatics, Yo La Tengo, Brockhampton, Caribou, King Gizzard, Flaming Lips, Devo, Megan Thee Stallion, Kim Gordon

Something like that? 

I'm starting to doubt Thom, though, after the Waste HQ message yesterday. Probably replaced with a rapper or pop act with a younger appeal...

Pavement are definitely Top Line

Edited by umibozu
  • Upvote 1

IF Massive Attack is to play at Primavera we do not even know if Liz Fraser will participate. The few Massive Attack gigs announced for 2020 are not branded as Mezzanine w/ Liz Fraser shows, but as more generic discography walk through shows, she is not even mentioned on respective announcement web pages.

1 minute ago, puckno said:

IF Massive Attack is to play at Primavera we do not even know if Liz Fraser will participate. The few Massive Attack gigs announced for 2020 are not branded as Mezzanine w/ Liz Fraser shows, but as more generic discography walk through shows, she is not even mentioned on respective announcement web pages.

She's probably a bit fed up of being the sprout to their steak.

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna say Massive Attack and Beck won't be here. I have zero info but it just doesn't feel right. Way too many men on the 9 big names and way too little room for surprises as Erykah Badu. 

Also, Gabi debunking that Frank was touring with a final spot at Coachella doesn't seem to be the best way to stay in good terms with an artists that is playing your fest a couple of months later. I'm absolutely sure he tried to catch him -hence the info of the tour- but somehow Frank didn't want to/they backed out, therefore Gabi being somewhat free to talk about it.

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Sadly not my friend. They're playing a show here in BCN next month so I doubt it but you never know.

Almost sold out at this point and touring around PS, plus really like the fest. I guess they could always pop up as a surprise, they really like the fest (but perhaps I'm being too hopeful at this point).

• Upvote 1