Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Jesus, that would blow my mind. Think we are getting into the world of fantasy tnow (albeit still more chance of this than of Kate Bush playing!)

Haha I totally agree! I also realised the other day that the 40th anniversary of Remain in Light is this year, I guess I already have my dream lineup for 2020 (and now I can go back to sleep in my fantasy world...)

4 minutes ago, Nesser said:

My two cents: Bicep come back at Primavera -again closing Ray-Ban or maybe even Mordor- and Disclosure don't play neither of them

My guess was based on the fact Disclosure did Sonar last year and a Primavera favourite.

And Bicep have a big gig in early July, closer to the Sonar timing.

13 hours ago, puckno said:

The House Of Love just announced first US tour in 30 years, finishes at May 23rd.

I think this is probably a contender together with Bauhaus for the ‘old band reuniting’ stuff. Sweet memories of those shows they did before: television, ride, replacements, neutral milk hotel were all pretty awesome 

1 minute ago, Nesser said:

Expecting also an upgraded slot for Octo Octa (see Peggy Gou 2018 -> 2019), maybe an independent one for Eris Drew, park hye jin playing the Yaeji/SOPHIE slot and Amelie Lens as the techno closer a la Nina Kraviz

Sounds like you are much more clued up on the dance front that I am (though wouldn't be difficult).

Who are the big breakthrough acts of the last 12 months that have now got a lot of kudos?

2 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Expecting also an upgraded slot for Octo Octa (see Peggy Gou 2018 -> 2019), maybe an independent one for Eris Drew, park hye jin playing the Yaeji/SOPHIE slot and Amelie Lens as the techno closer a la Nina Kraviz

Amelie Lens yes, but only Thursday or Friday {ruled out for Saturday that she plays in London}.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Sounds like you are much more clued up on the dance front that I am (though wouldn't be difficult).

Who are the big breakthrough acts of the last 12 months that have now got a lot of kudos?

I would say there hasn't been a Peggy Gou case this year but since 2018 Gerd Janson has gained a lot of traction. He has ¿3? Boiler Room videos since then and each one have crazy numbers. Besides, his label -Running Back- has consistenly put out great releases for 1.5-2 years. He played two years ago and I could see him closing the Ray-Ban perfectly but I'll be happy just with him returning.

Looking at Dekmantel, Barker would be great after his record. Jacques Greene also released a great one and is playing Apolo next week so he's in good terms with Gabi and co so let's see. Dj Boring is premiering a live set so count him in. Idk, there are way too many names in the pool.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nesser said:

I would say there hasn't been a Peggy Gou case this year but since 2018 Gerd Janson has gained a lot of traction. He has ¿3? Boiler Room videos since then and each one have crazy numbers. Besides, his label -Running Back- has consistenly put out great releases for 1.5-2 years. He played two years ago and I could see him closing the Ray-Ban perfectly but I'll be happy just with him returning.

Looking at Dekmantel, Barker would be great after his record. Jacques Greene also released a great one and is playing Apolo next week so he's in good terms with Gabi and co so let's see. Dj Boring is premiering a live set so count him in. Idk, there are way too many names in the pool.

Super helpful, thank you!

8 minutes ago, Nesser said:

IDK already played last year!

43 minutes ago, Rhak said:

I think this is probably a contender together with Bauhaus for the ‘old band reuniting’ stuff. Sweet memories of those shows they did before: television, ride, replacements, neutral milk hotel were all pretty awesome 

The House of Love aren't hugely active, but they reunited years ago, and have played live most years in the last decade.

54 minutes ago, Nesser said:

I would love to see BLACK COFFEE and THEMBA in this year's edition

I had a dream: Four Tet bringing its hanging lights show to the beach area on Sunday. 

Not pricey but requires a special production (thus doing it Sunday on the beach), electronic, crowd-pleaser but not enough to sold out after 3 days of festival, it can run 22-00, already dark in June, good relation between artist and festival.

As I said, a dream.

4 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

I had a dream: Four Tet bringing its hanging lights show to the beach area on Sunday. 

Not pricey but requires a special production (thus doing it Sunday on the beach), electronic, crowd-pleaser but not enough to sold out after 3 days of festival, it can run 22-00, already dark in June, good relation between artist and festival.

As I said, a dream.

For some reason, Gabi ruled him out very early. 

In terms of special shows I'd be very happy to dive into extreme existential angst at a The Caretaker show. Also would be stellar to see any Mount Eerie or even The Microphones set. 

Edited by Quadrophobia