Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

8 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

Sad to see Swans ruled out, even though it already seemed unlikely. 

Will the impending Governor's Ball line up rule out acts, or make them more likely? I'm not familiar with how the dates or previous line ups compare. 

it will mostly rule out acts. It is possible that some acts play primavera on thursday and gov ball on saturday or sunday (friday/sunday has also happened) but for the most part, the acts are unlikely. 
Wondering what makes them take so long at Gov Ball. I know there was a new location in talks, but that wasn't gonna affect the coming edition as far as I understood it.

8 minutes ago, red90 said:

I NEED MORE INFO :O

Don't think Primavera will be getting Spotify as a sponsor then this year. JN: "Spotify is a "cynical and musician-hating system, the banana of the music industry. It just gives off a fume. You can just smell that something’s wrong with it".

Primavera is actually one of the few festivals she could realistically play as she generally doesn't do them, unless it can be assured there won't be soundbleed from other stages. At End of the Road, she had all the other stages shut down while she was playing.

Auditori could be the answer...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Don't think Primavera will be getting Spotify as a sponsor then this year. JN: "Spotify is a "cynical and musician-hating system, the banana of the music industry. It just gives off a fume. You can just smell that something’s wrong with it".

Primavera is actually one of the few festivals she could realistically play as she generally doesn't do them, unless it can be assured there won't be soundbleed from other stages. At End of the Road, she had all the other stages shut down while she was playing.

I didn't really plan to go to Primavera, but if this would be the only chance to see her, I might go for it...

4 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Sonar line-up tomorrow. I'd say they will release the full line-up given how late they are. Anyway, we'll see if we have to cross Bicep, Disclosure, Koze and so on.

Given that Sonar and Primavera don't really exchange acts for obvious reasons and there aren't that many prominent dance acts touring, if you look at who played Sonar last year (2019), it should be a pretty good guide to who will play in 2020.

37 minutes ago, xxialac said:

She also played Pitchfork festival once, but I totally agree, Joanna at the the Auditori is my dream Primavera concert, not sure how realistic it is though. When Gabi mentioned artists with orchestra I immediately immagined Ys played with an orchestra, it would be the most epic concert ever...

Yes and no. They got this special Björk show on 2017 and she ended up playing a regular show at Primavera the next year. They nailed Four Tet this year but Gabi said he wouldn't perform at the Barcelona edition on 2020 and so on. On the other side, Peggy Gou closed both fests this past year so you never know. 

I think Disclosure and Bicep are the biggest live acts around and it'd be weird if they didn't end up playing at Barcelona. Tomorrow we should know how they did split the prize.

Just now, kitkat129 said:

She also played Pitchfork festival once, but I totally agree, Joanna at the the Auditori is my dream Primavera concert, not sure how realistic it is though. When Gabi mentioned artists with orchestra I immediately immagined Ys played with an orchestra, it would be the most epic concert ever...

Jesus, that would blow my mind. Think we are getting into the world of fantasy tnow (albeit still more chance of this than of Kate Bush playing!)

1 minute ago, Nesser said:

Yes and no. They got this special Björk show on 2017 and she ended up playing a regular show at Primavera the next year. They nailed Four Tet this year but Gabi said he wouldn't perform at the Barcelona edition on 2020 and so on. On the other side, Peggy Gou closed both fests this past year so you never know. 

I think Disclosure and Bicep are the biggest live acts around and it'd be weird if they didn't end up playing at Barcelona. Tomorrow we should know how they did split the prize.

I fully expect Disclosure for Primavera and Bicep for Sonar.