Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

i always book about a week after the festival for next year. call me eager. usually look for 'pay on arrival' places...

I had booked the accomodation for 2020 one week before the 2019 edition took place. The prices were very reasonable, but somehow I miscalculated the dates (I was expecting the festival to take place from 27th to 31st May). At least there was no cancellation fee. :)

• Like 1

We've booked Easyjet holidays for the last two years. The first year we were by Sagrada Familia, which was a bit of a nightmare at 3 in the morning, trying to find our way back. Last year we were pretty much on the beach, about 10 minutes away. Which was fantastic. This year we're at The Gates Diagonal. Next year, who knows?

This isn't me trying to start next years thread, by the way!!

2 minutes ago, Bez2019 said:

We've booked Easyjet holidays for the last two years. The first year we were by Sagrada Familia, which was a bit of a nightmare at 3 in the morning, trying to find our way back. Last year we were pretty much on the beach, about 10 minutes away. Which was fantastic. This year we're at The Gates Diagonal. Next year, who knows?

This isn't me trying to start next years thread, by the way!!

Not even a single name announced for 2021 Primavera yet. Rubbish!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I'm really curious about it.

Surely it's not just going to be some DJs on the beach.

I mean on Sundays previously they've had stuff like Deerhunter, Mercury Rev doing Deserters Songs, the Twilight Sad and yet haven't deemed that worthy enough of counting as one of the official days.

Must be something decent, surely?

My guess is something similar to Wednesday, but more dance oriented (and probably at the beach/bit area). I don't think it will be full day or even close to that, but they also built it up too much to be just DJ sets.

For me the problem is that it will probably be too long for me to do both Wednesday and Sunday, so I need them to release it in order to choose

1 hour ago, Glenn Coco said:

Have ya'll booked accommodation yet? Not sure how late to leave it until

The last years we stayed at MELIA SKY. It is a ten minutes bike ride to the festival. In 2016 Sigur Ros stayed there too. One afternoon, Jonsi was reading his book near the pool in the shadow. Just before he left, I told my girlfriend that he is the singer of Sigur Ros, whose music she loves but isn't that deep into member faces. As she was reading her book too, the first thing she grabed was the piece to remember the reading page, ran to him and asked him an autograph. She came back with the biggest smile ever. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

My guess is something similar to Wednesday, but more dance oriented (and probably at the beach/bit area). I don't think it will be full day or even close to that, but they also built it up too much to be just DJ sets.

For me the problem is that it will probably be too long for me to do both Wednesday and Sunday, so I need them to release it in order to choose

Yeah, I tend to do either Weds or Sunday but pre-decide. As a result I've saved on the total flight costs but there have been years where I regret not doing Weds or not doing the Sunday.

Perhaps there will be one big name on the Sunday to get people along like a Jon Hopkins.

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I tend to do either Weds or Sunday but pre-decide. As a result I've saved on the total flight costs but there have been years where I regret not doing Weds or not doing the Sunday

There are years when I've regretted not doing Tuesday, especially when LCD played, so I'm arriving a day earlier than normal this time.

2 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

My guesses for Sunday would either be Despacio (dance project done by 2manydjs and James Murphy). Regularly plays festivals and is in London late May. - dream booking, its amazing

Frank Ocean curated club night, similar to events he’s done in NYC over the last months 

I highly doubt those PREP parties will continue. If Frank intended to do such at Primavera, I believe he would also host a party at Coachella. 

9 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

My guesses for Sunday would either be Despacio (dance project done by 2manydjs and James Murphy). Regularly plays festivals and is in London late May. - dream booking, its amazing

Frank Ocean curated club night, similar to events he’s done in NYC over the last months 

That’s a great thought, did all points east a couple of years ago and was a lot of fun. 

Noticed that Duran Duran are playing shows/festivals right around Prima weekend. Any chance they could play? Not sure if they’re an act Primavera would go for, but for me personally they’d be a great booking - just the right amount of cheese, and all bangers (I know nobody’s any the wiser than me but thought I’d throw another name in there).

• Upvote 1