Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, diogozsz said:

I hope they're preparing something big for this year's lineup announcement. Something like the 30-minute long "movie" revealing the 2014 poster. 

I'm happy with just a list. Anything else for me is just wrapping paper.

One thing I really miss about old Primavera editions is the afternoon park gigs. Take a picnic and watch some great bands in a relaxed environment in a green space in the sun. Also helps with clashes. Shame they seem to have gone forever.

• Upvote 1

Well, my personal favorite lineups were 2018 & 2019 because those were the only editions I went to haha... I still regret missing 2016 & 2017, but based on the cartel I think every year the lineup has been stellar and the undercard is always stacked.

I care much less about the headliners to be honest, but now after Gabi's statement there's a chance we will get some big surprises, I'm a bit hyped now that we might get some names nobody expected (I hope it's not Frank Ocean or Sufjan at this point...). The lineup announcement can't come soon enough!

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think we will probably get the Governor's Ball lineup today. Not sure what that will tell us.

Consequence of Sound, usually well informed on festivals, cites sources that say Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend and Stevie Nicks are headlining  and Miley Cyrus, Solange, Flume, and H.E.R. are the follow up to that. Nothing of that would have any relvance for Primavera.

Edited by Quadrophobia

I see it as basically a guide to who is not playing Primavera so I'm hoping for a poor Gov Ball lineup.

Exceptions seems to be the possibility of bands to play PS on Thursday and GB on Saturday. Think Nas and Charli XCX did that so the Saturday might be worth looking into.

Edited by xxialac

55 minutes ago, Nesser said:

Totally agree with the 2014 line up but the #bestfestivalever hashtag was used the previous year. 

2014/2018 > 2013 > 2019/2016 > 2017 > 2015. You all guys need to chill regarding 2016 and Radiohead + LCD on the same bill 

for me basically all primaveras in the last 10-15 years had incomparable line ups in contrast to basically any festival in the world. except for 2018, when i didnt regret that i didnt go.

on top of that, i truly hope that gabi knows what he speaks and it'd be pretty bold indeed to come with this bestfest slogan if they're really not up to something extra special

5 minutes ago, Glenn Coco said:

Have ya'll booked accommodation yet? Not sure how late to leave it until

last year we decided to attend the fest basically only 2-3 weeks prior, and we could find everything pretty cheap. we lived in badalona though which is not a bad idea considering that parc del forum is almost badalona and that prices are significantly cheaper there. i still dont say you should procrastinate that long but its still doable. this year we'll also stay there - on a sailing boat turned airbnb!

I have stayed at Gates Hotel Diagonal for the last years. Always booking the trip very short after the festival is done. Not a very cheap place, but I take the Primavera trip like a Holiday, so I stay from Monday - Tuesday. It's 30 min to walk to the festival, and you can take the Tram for 5-7 min if you don't want to walk the distance. 

i stayed in hotel diagonal one year - right opposite the entrance to the fest. amazing location - you could watch soundchecks from the rooftop pool.

it was also very handy to nip back to after i split my trousers right up the middle performing a particularly aggressive and on reflection inadvisable dance move at the Ray Ban stage. 

4 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

i stayed in hotel diagonal one year - right opposite the entrance to the fest. amazing location - you could watch soundchecks from the rooftop pool.

it was also very handy to nip back to after i split my trousers right up the middle performing a particularly aggressive and on reflection inadvisable dance move at the Ray Ban stage. 

I had my eye on this.. but it seems like they’ve already sold out 

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Did gabi say anything about the Sunday? what's the plan for that?

Yeah, I'm really curious about it.

Surely it's not just going to be some DJs on the beach.

I mean on Sundays previously they've had stuff like Deerhunter, Mercury Rev doing Deserters Songs, the Twilight Sad and yet haven't deemed that worthy enough of counting as one of the official days.

Must be something decent, surely?