Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, xxialac said:

He also said that it would please 'the youngest and oldest fans' So stuff like MBV but then I also I expect to see the rap and pop flavour of the day.

It really does increasingly feel like two festivals in one. Mordor vs what's on at the smaller stages.

Although it fuses them perfectly. Would never have guessed before the festival, that my favourite gigs would include Janelle Monae and Rosalia.

4 minutes ago, Createur said:

In PS Office 2014 is seen as the best PS Line-Up until now.

And it's no coincidence that they picked up 2014's hashtag #bestfestivalever for this coming edition.

Just had another look at the 2014 poster. First time in a while I saw it... Wow. Top tier is stacked! It'd be tough to top that. 

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

Although it fuses them perfectly. Would never have guessed before the festival, that my favourite gigs would include Janelle Monae and Rosalia.

I don't think Janelle Monae is the flavour of the day. Critically acclaimed (she was the album of the year last year on the aggregator Any Decent Music) and has been around for what, 15, years. Ditto Rosalia has the critical chops and will surely stick around.

Do agree that they both appeal to young and old. But not many younger people into stuff like MBV and not many older people into stuff like Migos.

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't think Janelle Monae is the flavour of the day. Critically acclaimed (she was the album of the year last year on the aggregator Any Decent Music) and has been around for what, 15, years. Ditto Rosalia has the critical chops and will surely stick around.

Do agree that they both appeal to young and old. But not many younger people into stuff like MBV and not many older people into stuff like Migos.

I am both young and old. On Thursday I am 20 roaming around Parc del Forum with excitement and on Sunday night I am 60, draggin myself to the airport to catch my way too early flight.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I am both young and old. On Thursday I am 20 roaming around Parc del Forum with excitement and on Sunday night I am 60, draggin myself to the airport to catch my way too early flight.

Haha #bestcommentever I feel the same and how.

Cannot imagine where I will draw resources to go their new Sunday afternoon shows at the Forum after four days of physical punishment.

14 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Just had another look at the 2014 poster. First time in a while I saw it... Wow. Top tier is stacked! It'd be tough to top that. 

2014 was the first one I attended, mainly based on the headliners. Spent almost all of my time on the undercard, I think I spent a grand total of one hour in Mordor.

2 minutes ago, daveje said:

2014 was the first one I attended, mainly based on the headliners. Spent almost all of my time on the undercard, I think I spent a grand total of one hour in Mordor.

oh yes, I have good memories of the sets of DARKSIDE, BLACK LIPS and LAURENT GARNIER (Ray Ban 4am-6am, sunrise included)

2014's lineup and headliners were unreal and what got me interested in the festival. Unfortunately when I went in 2015 the lineup wasn't quite as good, and then stupidly missed the stacked 2016 and returned in the slightly less so 2017. Hoping my return this year finally sees me making it to one of the amazing ones (lineup wise - had a great time both years I went regardless of lineup).

47 minutes ago, Createur said:

In PS Office 2014 is seen as the best PS Line-Up until now.

And it's no coincidence that they picked up 2014's hashtag #bestfestivalever for this coming edition.

Totally agree with the 2014 line up but the #bestfestivalever hashtag was used the previous year. 

2014/2018 > 2013 > 2019/2016 > 2017 > 2015. You all guys need to chill regarding 2016 and Radiohead + LCD on the same bill