Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Yeah, it seems unlikely they would categorize/remember whether smaller bands are reuniting, reunited a year ago, etc (June of 44 last year, Jawbox & Bikini Kill this year) unless they really are into statistics. Either this is a rough estimate or they are all bands like Pavement (unlikely).

32 minutes ago, emmyli said:

I had heard a few months ago that Lizzo would be in Berlin in early June. But the show was postponed because she wants to focus on the american market (Bonnaroo?). She would have played Primavera then for sure. 

She played Primavera in 2019.

8 minutes ago, puckno said:

Yes! 10 songs straight, then finish off with a 1 hour psychedelic freak out remix version of Everything In Its Right Place, with Xxialac eating one of his hats on stage.

Ha. Thom at least is surely there. Does he take requests? Either that or he could sing all the Frank Ocean songs we don’t get to hear when he cancels.

1 minute ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Harry Styles is waaaaaaay too expensive for PS.

Not sure I want to live in a world where rent-a-face Harry Styles with his three songs of overproduced bilge is more expensive to book than the talented musicians Radiohead who have been honing their craft over 30 years.

Nothing personal against Harry, mind.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Not sure I want to live in a world where rent-a-face Harry Styles with his three songs of overproduced bilge is more expensive to book than the talented musicians Radiohead who have been honing their craft over 30 years.

Nothing personal against Harry, mind.

I actually don't know for sure how expensive Styles is compared to Radiohead, but I really meant that PS won't get the same rate of return out of booking Styles versus what they'd get with other bigass pricey headliners that are a better fit for the festival.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

11 hours ago, whos3000 said:

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

Thanks for the speculation! I wasn't familiar but I dig Slikback and I think Gabber Modus Operandi would be quite crazy live.