Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don't think Stevie Nicks would be that expensive but it's a poor match. She normally plays stadia and more intimate, prestige venue, not music festivals. She might do Glastonbury on the other hand for the profile.

I feel as confident as I can be that we will get the lineup this week. Presumably a teaser the day before.

Exactly, Fleetwood Mac are surely expensive, Stevie Nicks maybe not

Edited by Fabrizzo

4 hours ago, umibozu said:

What about Amelie Lens? Any possibilities? She's one of the djs of the moment, and normally Prima is really up also got electronic music {last year Ritchie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Agoria, Peggy Gou...}.

I'll be traveling from the US so I'm extra excited for all the proper late night dance parties. As far as those sets I'm really hoping for Floating Points, Daphni, Andy Stott, Bicep, or Joy Orbison (maybe with Overmono?).

4 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

I'll be traveling from the US so I'm extra excited for all the proper late night dance parties. As far as those sets I'm really hoping for Floating Points, Daphni, Andy Stott, Bicep, or Joy Orbison (maybe with Overmono?).

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

Edited by whos3000

29 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Gabber modus operandi have been the smash hit of the underground electronic festival circuit this last season. The same goes for the Nyege Nyege affiliated artists such as Slikback. I would be really happy if Primavera picked from that kind of events (not dance related though) a Caretaker show in the auditorium (he killed it at Unsound, now also booked at rewire). And I am pretty confident hildur guonadottir will be booked with her chernobyl show, since she has been booked at Unsound, CTM and Rewire so far. 

5 hours ago, youcoolman69 said:

Yes this kind of thing plus the likes of Forest Swords, James Holden, Actress mixed with more crowdpleasing electronic stuff like Bicep would be great. I'd rather see this sort of stuff at Primavera than Sonar, to be honest.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Very proud to witness Gabber Modus Operandi as the first Indonesian act that play in Primavera Festival.

23 minutes ago, Createur said:

Just let it go.

The poster won't be announced this week.

To be fair, you've been consistent on this. But what makes you so sure?

And why didn't they take the tickets off sale later if they really wanted to only release the lineup in the last week or so of Jan? I think a lot of people see it as increasing expectations that the poster is imminent, not dampening them down.

1 minute ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Kurt Vile just announced a solo tour for europe for late May and early June. A gap in the middle from June 2-6.

I know he played last year with the Violators but might he be an option if its a solo show? 

Dates are in Germany, UK and Ireland, I think. No Spain anyway. 

Can see him playing on the 3rd but not on the "main festival" days. 

2 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Kurt Vile just announced a solo tour for europe for late May and early June. A gap in the middle from June 2-6.

I know he played last year with the Violators but might he be an option if its a solo show? 

Dates are in Germany, UK and Ireland, I think. No Spain anyway. 

Given that he played last year and yet the festival clearly has a soft spot for him, maybe he will not be on the poster but turn up as a surprise act (as a solo acoustic)?

Edited by xxialac

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Very likely I'd say.

Played ATP back in the day, US heavy metal band, some chanting.

I always think acts wouldn't want to do 8 shows in 10 days, with a UK-Spain-Belgium route, but might be different for US acts. All of Europe might seem close to them. 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Given that he played last year and yet the festival clearly has a soft spot for him, maybe he will not be on the poster but turn up as a surprise act (as a solo acoustic)?

I hope so. I keep missing him every time he turns up in Europe so it would be good to finally tick him off the list and a very nice way to slowly start the festival!