Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, nsv92 said:

so what do you think, can we expect something tomorrow? maybe teaser? this situation is really starting to annoy

I think we will not have the line up tomorrow, but maybe a teaser. We haven't had Gov Ball yet, and I am almost certain, that they will come before Primavera, because American festivals tend to have exclusive reveal clauses for core acts, and Primavera has always shared a few acts with Gov Ball in the past years. I still think the coming week could be the one, where we get the line up.

25 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Do we reckon Kraftwerk or Stevie Nicks are likely for this? 

Also, shoutout to @Tarz for downvoting nearly everyone who is critical of The Strokes or Mad Cool 

Stevie Nicks would be very expensive and probably not yield a sufficient return in terms of audience. Cannot imagine her on any European festival that has to be profitable, only would see her as a possibility for Glasto or Roskilde.

I don't think Stevie Nicks would be that expensive but it's a poor match. She normally plays stadia and more intimate, prestige venue, not music festivals. She might do Glastonbury on the other hand for the profile.

I feel as confident as I can be that we will get the lineup this week. Presumably a teaser the day before.

A User at Festival-Community quotes a usually well-informed user in the PC Music Subreddit, that Primavera had booked Slayyyter, but she or them cancelled the appearance after the racism scandal she was involved in. This might play into the delay.
The same user announces Kim Petras and Rina Sawayama as booked for Primavera which makes sense. Taking into account the tweet, Rina Sawayama posted on Friday, it could well have meant a Primavera announcement in the coing week.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

A User at Festival-Community quotes a usually well-informed user in the PC Music Subreddit, that Primavera had booked Slayyyter, but she or them cancelled the appearance after the racism scandal she was involved in. This might play into the delay.
The same user announces Kim Petras and Rina Sawayama as booked for Primavera which makes sense. Taking into account the tweet, Rina Sawayama posted on Friday, it could well have meant a Primavera announcement in the coing week.

I agree with all of this but don't think there is a delay really. The most common date for Primavera to release their lineup is January.

And Gabi never said it would be ready in December, merely that he hoped it would be. There are so many moving parts, not just dealing with cancellations, but agreeing contractual terms. Once it wasn't possible to release it in the first half of December, they couldn't release it until mid-January, as media attention and ticket sales would be lower than at other times of year. Not aware of any music festivals in Europe that announce at the end of December of early January. 

Edited by xxialac

17 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Let's be honest. Slayyyter, a small artist, would never be the reason of a delay. She can be easily replaced by the likes of LIZ or Hannah Diamond. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

Let's be honest. Slayyyter, a small artist, would never be the reason of a delay. She can be easily replaced by the likes of LIZ or Hannah Diamond. 

Yeah but maybe they have to read through 250 Twitter and Tumblr accounts , before they can release the line up?

Jokes aside, you are probably right and she is not a factor. 

1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I think Kraftwerk are, they are playing APE and seems like Primavera kind of a booking. Crossing my fingers to get them

I saw Kraftwerk at Best Kept Secret and for me it was by far the most boring headliner of all editions. Totally not my cup of tea, but in case they're booked that'd be one clash less to worry about 😀

I'm hoping for a punchy Wednesday night headliner this year. Big Red Machine, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne were all a bit tepid for my tastes in the last three years.

And they'd better find space for Deerhunter in the main bill this year. Having them only play on Monday was such a waste. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I'm hoping for a punchy Wednesday night headliner this year. Big Red Machine, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne were all a bit tepid for my tastes in the last three years.

And they'd better find space for Deerhunter in the main bill this year. Having them only play on Monday was such a waste. 

Generally agree. But  Belle and Sebastian were more than decent and i think the same year was the amazing Spiritualized show at Auditori - with limited capacity though.
I also hope to make Wednesday stronger than usual.

Edited by cortomaltese

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I frankly thought having Deerhunter on the Monday was a fun privilege for the festivalgoers who happened to arrive early in BCN.

Regarding the Wednesday, I agree that they should get a more lively closing act at the Primavera Stage. Mainly to drown out any crowd bullshit.

6 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I frankly thought having Deerhunter on the Monday was a fun privilege for the festivalgoers who happened to arrive early in BCN.

Regarding the Wednesday, I agree that they should get a more lively closing act at the Primavera Stage. Mainly to drown out any crowd bullshit.

Guess Einstürzende Neubauten would drive those away nicely.

8 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Pretty certain too. The dot seperating the headliners on Friday is exactly where it has to be for The Strokes. If you compare the leaked Haim poster with the most recent one, The Strokes' name ends above the first l of Jamie Cullum and the dot on the recent poster ist between the second l and the u, which is the exact space between the other days headliners and the dot. 

Wow, I refer the good gentleman to my previous point about over-thinking. PS will be great whatever, always far too many great bands to see.

• Upvote 1