Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, cbrown123 said:

this could be completely wrong but could the delay in announcement have anything to do with the Rolling Loud Europe announcement? Especially if there's a big rap act waiting in the wings?

I was asking myself the same question earlier. Although Rolling Loud Europe will be a whole month after so doubt they'll share many acts. 

Hoping Prima still brings in a good amount of hip-hop acts with some relevancy.

I strongly doubt it will be a February date. 

The Rolling Loud thing seems not impossible, but I'm very skeptical about the whole festival. Who announces a festival, gives out a date, but not where the fuck it is going to take place? This is like a satire of Americans view of Europe. "Well Get hyped, Rolling Loud is coming to Europe". Cool, so theres gonna be a festival somewhere between the polar region and the Mediterranean. Very fucking helpful.

If Rolling Loud Europe is actually holding back the Primavera line up release, the act that is holding it back, must be Frank Ocean. Which would be strange, because he is certainly rolling, but not exactly loud.

Edited by Quadrophobia

19 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I strongly doubt it will be a February date. 

The Rolling Loud thing seems not impossible, but I'm very skeptical about the whole festival. Who announces a festival, gives out a date, but not where the fuck it is going to take place? This is like a satire of Americans view of Europe. "Well Get hyped, Rolling Loud is coming to Europe". Cool, so theres gonna be a festival somewhere between the polar region and the Mediterranean. Very fucking helpful.

If Rolling Loud Europe is actually holding back the Primavera line up release, the act that is holding it back, must be Frank Ocean. Which would be strange, because he is certainly rolling, but not exactly loud.

I assumed as much, just spitballing

And so I read yous from afar, getting to the mythical sweet spot of 100 pages has enticed me to join the fray.

For my tuppence I think we'll get the lineup on the 20th Jan but think there must be stuff going down leading to a bit of a scramble and no clear plan or direction. What happened to the Christmas present themed vid or the weekly release of x number of artists... Gov ball delay seems too coincidental.

On an aside any chance of The Chemical Brothers?

30 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

And so I read yous from afar, getting to the mythical sweet spot of 100 pages has enticed me to join the fray.

For my tuppence I think we'll get the lineup on the 20th Jan but think there must be stuff going down leading to a bit of a scramble and no clear plan or direction. What happened to the Christmas present themed vid or the weekly release of x number of artists... Gov ball delay seems too coincidental.

On an aside any chance of The Chemical Brothers?

Hopefully! but no clue at this point.