Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

26 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

In terms of the Stevie Nicks mention earlier: she's probably too expensive for what she would be bringing in return in terms of ticket sales and booking prestige.

Also, I think Primavera can get away with booking less female headliners this time as long as they still have a 50-50 gender ratio split. Last year was all about the press coverage for #TheNewNormal, and the organization knows that this year there will be less people apt to write thinkpieces on the lack of female headliners.

Dang, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for some sort of UK show. 

46 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Has there been any more news about Sunday? Is it just a sort of British Summer Time-esque sort of deal with a big name as headliner? Sorry I've been in and out of the loop.

All we know atm is they'll be opening Forum on the Sunday too. That means Forum will be open Wednesday to Sunday this year (first time ever). They haven't detailed times but have referred to partying on the beach all day.

Personally, I'm unable to move on the Sunday and have only dragged my empty shell of a body to one Apolo gig (The Beths) in 3 years so don't know what sort of nutters will be there. Perhaps free entry just like the Wednesday?

I think this will be in addition to the CCCB and Apolo gigs but I'm not sure. Anyone can confirm?

48 minutes ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Has there been any more news about Sunday? Is it just a sort of British Summer Time-esque sort of deal with a big name as headliner? Sorry I've been in and out of the loop.

Extremely unlikely to be a big name headliner – nothing like BST.

General consensus is it'll just be something chill during the daytime, possibly some Spanish acts or something dancey. A lot of people will have booked to go home Sunday anyway or completely exhausted by then, so there's no point putting anything too popular or banging on.

5 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

All we know atm is they'll be opening Forum on the Sunday too. That means Forum will be open Wednesday to Sunday this year (first time ever). They haven't detailed times but have referred to partying on the beach all day.

Personally, I'm unable to move on the Sunday and have only dragged my empty shell of a body to one Apolo gig (The Beths) in 3 years so don't know what sort of nutters will be there. Perhaps free entry just like the Wednesday?

I think this will be in addition to the CCCB and Apolo gigs but I'm not sure. Anyone can confirm?

They also mentioned that the Sunday events at the Forum will be limited to ticket holders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

They answered my comment on FB with something along the lines of: "On Sunday, bring your bathing suit and prepare to dance on the beach." 

Might mean Bits only.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Extremely unlikely to be a big name headliner – nothing like BST.

General consensus is it'll just be something chill during the daytime, possibly some Spanish acts or something dancey. A lot of people will have booked to go home Sunday anyway or completely exhausted by then, so there's no point putting anything too popular or banging on.

And there's the issue.

It will take a big name to get a lot of exhausted punters along. 

Without one, it will have to be a very small crowd and which acts are going to want to play to a very small crowd?

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

And there's the issue.

Without one, it will have to be a very small crowd and which acts are going to want to play to a very small crowd?

Amongst the 65.000 or so coming to primavera, there will be a good 10% that have enough MDMA and coke left to burn through Sunday. Some might never actually leave the beach

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And there's the issue.

I dunno about that. I’ve not looked in to this thing at all - just what has been said on here - but I can imagine a lot of people would be down for a more chilled out dancey day in the sun without worrying about running between acts or getting mega fucked up. Sounds like something I’d be interested in for sure.

edit: or as said above, looking to get more fucked up 😁

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is the first year in more than a decade that there is no Champion's League Final during Primavera.

Good riddance...

Completely agree.

We tried to get into the Heineken secret tent last year (can't remember who to see), but the queue was massive because the final was being shown after, so there was no chance. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bez2019 said:

Completely agree.

We tried to get into the Heineken secret tent last year (can't remember who to see), but the queue was massive because the final was being shown after, so there was no chance. 

Nothing against watching a game generally but I don't want it bang in the middle of Primavera!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kitkat129 said:

I just went to the Tickets page on the Primavera website and tried clicking on the Coming soon button, I got this: 

image.thumb.png.a74221e7cdebd9ce2ff48e1cc2994965.png

I did this earlier and Justin Beiber popped up 😂 a festival heaven and hell all in one!