Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

Just now, puckno said:

Why do we think the lineup will not arrive today? Can't see they will shut down the ticket sales for many hours or days...

1. I think that it's silly even in their standards to stop it for too short time

2. I think they will tease it first, I don't think it will just drop, first will get some teaser

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

1. I think that it's silly even in their standards to stop it for too short time

2. I think they will tease it first, I don't think it will just drop, first will get some teaser

5 minute countdown clock that constantly resets itself for a week or two?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

There is no point in stopping sales for long time, there is no point in stopping sales in general but if they are going to do it its more logical to do it for short time....

to me stopping for a 2-3 days makes more sense than stopping for a few hours.

and both makes more sense than stopping for longer, that's why my money is on early next week 

Ticket sales would be near zero anyways at this time. Everyone who wanted to get a ticket without knowing the line-up will have gotten one for 180. There is zero incentive to purchase a 195€ Ticket, before the line up is released. Suspending sales at this time simply does not mean a relevant loss in sales. Can't do that for too long of course, but a couple of days is really not a problem.

I'm with Jed and say it's gonna be the first half of next week

Firstly,  i think we all agree(?) that when the line-up is revealed, sales will immediately start again.

Having in mind that they advertised so much, even with a countdown, that yesterday was the last chance to buy ticket at a certain price and the sales will go off, it makes no sense to start the sales again after some hours or a few days.

IMO sales will be off for at least a week ,and this means that also lineup will come at the same time

36 minutes ago, daveje said:

Can anyone point to an example where a festival took their online sales down deliberately for a week before announcing the lineup? We know the Primavera management can be as mad as a bag of ferrets, but this sounds absolutely bonkers.

I agree, Primavera has always had weird marketing strategies, suspending ticket sales doesn't make much sense, but maybe they are trying to create suspense this way, it's like they are telling us "we can take ticket sales down for a short time because we know the lineup is awesome and it will sell well anyway"

I also think we will get at least the lineup announcement date this week and the lineup next week, hopefully they wouldn't want to make us wait any longer

Just now, kitkat129 said:

I agree, Primavera has always had weird marketing strategies, suspending ticket sales doesn't make much sense, but maybe they are trying to create suspense this way, it's like they are telling us "we can take ticket sales down for a short time because we know the lineup is awesome and it will sell well anyway"

I also think we will get at least the lineup announcement date this week and the lineup next week, hopefully they wouldn't want to make us wait any longer

Agreed, it's really not the worst strategy.

Human psychology is successfully applied to retail in all sorts of ways that suggest exclusivity - 'one per customer only' 'today only sale' 'black friday sale'.

Telling your customers they can't buy something will in some cases just make them want it more. 

2 minutes ago, mnkypzzl said:

I Just got an email from songkick saying LDR and Tyler "just announced" a show at primavera 2020

Yeah, I'm not sure where Songkick get their info from but it seems to be pretty common knowledge now that LDR and Tyler are playing. The rest of the acts on Songkick have already been confirmed by Prima.

image.png.900697389aa0f8c2c1cb22f38eb7f200.png