Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

With apologies to any fans of The XX, but if they book them I will let out the loudest yawn. Great band but not a great live act and have done Primavera to death. 

I actually think they improved a lot as a live act on the last tour - I particularly really enjoyed their APE set. 

I agree that it wouldn't be the most inspired booking though! 

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

With apologies to any fans of The XX, but if they book them I will let out the loudest yawn. Great band but not a great live act and have done Primavera to death. 

What's prompted mentioning the xx here? If it's the Instagram post, it said 'we're all working on new music' which to me implies separately. Seems odd to say 'all' otherwise. If you have anything to suggest otherwise though, I'd love to hear it.

Strongly disagree that they're not a great live act though, their last tour was fantastic - perfect blend of the darker, older stuff and a massive party (largely thanks to the latest album, but also Loud Places and the Shelter re-work). The run of songs they generally did towards the end was particularly special. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, xxialac said:

Yes, it's more than Tyler The Creator! (as distinct from Odd Future). 

The National have also done Primavera to death but are IMO not as dull live as the XX (though I agree with @TomViolence that they have markedly improved their liveshows recently).

Odd Future aside, Tyler played 2015 and 2018 (+as mentioned, is going to play 2020). The xx played 2012 and 2017.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

What's prompted mentioning the xx here? If it's the Instagram post, it said 'we're all working on new music' which to me implies separately. Seems odd to say 'all' otherwise. If you have anything to suggest otherwise though, I'd love to hear it.

Strongly disagree that they're not a great live act though, their last tour was fantastic - perfect blend of the darker, older stuff and a massive party (largely thanks to the latest album, but also Loud Places and the Shelter re-work). The run of songs they generally did towards the end was particularly special. 

Fair enough. Opinions and all that.

Agree on your conclusions that they're prob not touring.

What's the likelihood of My Bloody Valentine playing?

- have played the fest a few times, but not recent enough that it would be a lazy booking

- played some fests in 2018 but then kinda disappeared again

-pretty sure they were meant to be releasing a new album, or at least an EP

-didn't Gabi say there would be 5 reunions? MBV seems more likely than Talking Heads or whoever

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

- have played the fest a few times, but not recent enough that it would be a lazy booking

-didn't Gabi say there would be 5 reunions? MBV seems more likely than Talking Heads or whoever

YES PLEASE!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yes,i bet they'll be there🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Fabrizzo

58 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Would MBV be considered a reunion? They’ve been reformed since 2007 - all other pauses in activity have just been them taking their time with new material. 

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Governor's Ball is going to bring some PAIN.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd bring back The Strokes after they had to cancel because of adverse weather last year. I don't really understand where the rumors about them playing Prima come from. Apart from that however, from waht I can see, Gov. Ball is striding away from Primavera and books more in the mainstream realm. Also some of their past bookings have been at Primavera anyways (they shared Soccer Mommy, Charli XCX, Clairo and NAS in 2019 f.e.).

Also, many of the artists we are sure of appearing here, have played Gov Ball last year (Tyler, Brockhampton, Kacey Musgraves)

Edited by Quadrophobia

9 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd bring back The Strokes after they had to cancel because of adverse weather last year. I don't really understand where the rumors about them playing Prima come from. Apart from that however, from waht I can see, Gov. Ball is striding away from Primavera and books more in the mainstream realm. Also some of their past bookings have been at Primavera anyways (they shared NAS in 2019 f.e.)

I hear you but still fear there will be some gnashing of teeth when it's announced (presumably this week). St Vincent, for one...

Edited by xxialac