Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Sorry quick question (not been keeping up with this and don't have time to go over the latest pages). Any indication as to when the announcement will be? 

that's the million dollar question here... sometime between 8th of January to the end of February

Personally a believe it will be closer to the 8th, but that's just my guess (and I think the consensus here) 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Sorry quick question (not been keeping up with this and don't have time to go over the latest pages). Any indication as to when the announcement will be? 

I've come to the conclusion that it will be sooner now - probably either side of this weekend. Thursday maybe, like last year.

20 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I've come to the conclusion that it will be sooner now - probably either side of this weekend. Thursday maybe, like last year.

I tend to agree. 

I think it's silly even in their weird marketing standards to stop the sells Tuesday night just to resume it on Wednesday, so I'd go with Thursday or early next week

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

ah, fair enough, any other day other than last year then! 

The only time I recall is 2016, the rocket thing fueled on Wednesday eve, before going up on Thursday morning.

2014+2015+2017+2019 - Wednesday

2018 - Monday morning (eventually Sunday night as a result of the IDLES leak), co-ordinated with the AM tour release.

6 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Have any of you had easy resales in the past? I'm thinking about grabbing a ticket now but haven't confirmed time off work, so I don't want to be lumped with an unsellable ticket on top of £200 flights I can't refund.

I'd get your time off work confirmed now if you can.

11 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Have any of you had easy resales in the past? I'm thinking about grabbing a ticket now but haven't confirmed time off work, so I don't want to be lumped with an unsellable ticket on top of £200 flights I can't refund.

Seems like you can sell the ticket in the Dice app if it’s sold out. Don’t know if it dosen’t sell out.

21 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Seems like you can sell the ticket in the Dice app if it’s sold out. Don’t know if it dosen’t sell out.

This. 

In theory, you should be able to sell on Twickets and then transfer the ticket to someone (just need their mobile number) but probably easier to wait until you have the time off confirmed. 

39 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

1 minute ago, chilirocker said:

Do we know if the 50/50 gender split is an ongoing thing or whether it was just a one-off (marketing ploy for cynics) for last year? 

From what I gather, there is only one strong rumour female headliner - Lana - among a bevvy of men - The National, Massive Attack, Tyler, Frank Ocean, Beck, etc. 

Yupp, it will 100 % be 50/50. One of the gifts in the teaser video had "New Normal" on it.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:20 PM, zahidf said:

Idles are out: exclusive for Spain for canela party festival

So strange they'd sign in to be a Spanish exclusive after Joe has mentioned numerous times that Primavera is his favourite festival in the world.

Oh well, their show in BCN last year was a trainwreck so maybe that influenced the decision.

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

So strange they'd sign in to be a Spanish exclusive after Joe has mentioned numerous times that Primavera is his favourite festival in the world.

Oh well, their show in BCN last year was a trainwreck so maybe that influenced the decision.

If they band aren't touring in early June, then they aren't touring in early June. Imagine that's all it is!