Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

18 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

If we do get Frank Ocean, I hope the set isn't marred by people talking. I remember someone posting a video from the crowd when he played Lovebox and you could barely hear the music 😧

I think that's frankly (no pun intended) guaranteed to happen at any big festival where you aren't in the very front. Same with Lana Del Rey. 

52 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I think that's frankly (no pun intended) guaranteed to happen at any big festival where you aren't in the very front. Same with Lana Del Rey. 

And then the artist will play the one song everybody has heard before and everyone suddendly shuts up for 4 minutes. Every. Goddam. Time.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

And then the artist will play the one song everybody has heard before and everyone suddendly shuts up for 4 minutes. Every. Goddam. Time.

Or you end up listening to the crowd singing along instead of the artistbefore they go back to talking.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ticket booked! Feeling really low so thought I'd book it to try making myself feel a little better =\

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be a great lineup!

Hope you're doing okay! It may seem weird from an anonymous internet person but feel free to drop me a message if you need to talk or anything.

As time has gone on I'm very confident that the lineup is gonna be excellent. I'm really excited for it to be released.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Ticket booked! Feeling really low so thought I'd book it to try making myself feel a little better =\

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be a great lineup!

Sucks that you're not feeling great 😕hopefully having this to look forward to helps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Hope you're doing okay! It may seem weird from an anonymous internet person but feel free to drop me a message if you need to talk or anything.

As time has gone on I'm very confident that the lineup is gonna be excellent. I'm really excited for it to be released.

I'm always happy to lend an ear too :)

34 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

30 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I'm always happy to lend an ear too :)

Thanks folks! I should be okay. Just been having insomnia the past week, and when I do get sleep it's full of nightmares. The kind that still lingers after you wake up, leaving you with a feeling of dread and hopelessness. The election results, trying to settle into city life, and not having any gigs booked until March isn't helping much either 😬

• Like 1

On Monday, November 25, 2019 at 10:34 PM, Marko Paulsen said:

He'll be there. Beck and Lana del Rey too. They are trying Frank Ocean and. The Strokes are also a possibilty.

I don't know... In November, Marko brought Beck and Frank Ocean into the equation when nobody believed  it. The Strokes might be a strong possibility. Why would MC still holding on the announcement?

9 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thanks folks! I should be okay. Just been having insomnia the past week, and when I do get sleep it's full of nightmares. The kind that still lingers after you wake up, leaving you with a feeling of dread and hopelessness. The election results, trying to settle into city life, and not having any gigs booked until March isn't helping much either 😬

Ah mate, that's rough. I hope everything starts to fall into place soon and the offer still stands if you ever feel you need it! 

56 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I don't massively dislike them and I get that there would be a lot of other options at the same time but it would be pretty rotten luck for The Strokes to headline the two times I've been to Primavera 😆

Aye I'm with you here. I know a lot of people would be stoked to have them but they personally do nothing for me and I'd be a bit whiffed if they took the place of one of the bigger headliners this year, especially as they did the same in 2015 and (from my perspective) stunk the place out.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

I don't massively dislike them and I get that there would be a lot of other options at the same time but it would be pretty rotten luck for The Strokes to headline the two times I've been to Primavera 😆

I saw them last year and I'm not desperate to see them again but look on the bright side: one less clash to worry about 😅

My worry is that most of the headliners will be acts I've seen, or hip hop artists. I mean I'm gonna try again to get into Tyler and Frank but in the past they haven't done much for me =\

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I saw them last year and I'm not desperate to see them again but look on the bright side: one less clash to worry about 😅

My worry is that most of the headliners will be acts I've seen, or hip hop artists. I mean I'm gonna try again to get into Tyler and Frank but in the past they haven't done much for me =\

Yes, headliners you don't care about is a secret win at Primavera.

Can check out a band on one of the other 47 stages who otherwise you would have been upset to miss and without being surrounded by casual fans and miles from the stage.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yes, headliners you don't care about is a secret win at Primavera.

Can check out a band on one of the other 47 stages who otherwise you would have been upset to miss and without being surrounded by casual fans and miles from the stage.

This is exactly why I always buy the ticket before the lineup comes out. A few big names at the top of the bill brings in people who aren't sure which festival to go to this summer but the strength of the undercard and the distance between Mordor and the rest of the festival means you're better off focusing on the acts away from the top line. 

Saying that, 2019 I saw most acts on the main stage and had the best festival experience of my life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Listen to

Pyramids by Frank
I think by Tyler

Just to test the waters. IGOR is a great album from Tyler, I think the album Channel Orange is the more accessible of what Frank has out. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So for headliners are we thinking Pavement, Massive Attack, Lana Del Rey, The National, Tyler the Creator, and Frank Ocean? Anyone else looking likely?

There are also rumors of Back.

But it looks too optimistic. It's missing the crappy pop act appealing to the younger croud none of us want to see there (Bad Bunny?).

And also not female enough to fit the new normal