Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, cortomaltese said:

No signs of AF playing, but they played 2014 and 2017, so 2020 doesnt look soon for primavera standards. Also Tame Impala are playing every 3 years the last decade. And 2020 is the 10th anniversary of 'The suburbs'. Anyway, we ll know everything soon i guess.

Imagine the nonsense if Arcade Fire spent the last six months marking the anniversary of Funeral only to announce a tour of The Suburbs! 

I don't see them there but they are making their live comeback in February at some Mardi Gras event so maybe that's a sign that something new is coming. 

The Funeral stuff seems to have just been an effort to shift merch and re-upload some old music videos really. 

Not sure how I feel about all these bands doing anniversary tours of albums already. I love Funeral but AF still have a lot to give as a band. Same for the National and the High Violet shows. Love the album but they're still producing good, new music. 

It just seems lazy to me! 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

I don't see them there but they are making their live comeback in February at some Mardi Gras event so maybe that's a sign that something new is coming. 

that Mardi Gras event is something Win and Regine take part of annually, don't think it says anything about the band starting to tour.

I'd love to see them again, but don't see it happening

6 hours ago, cortomaltese said:

No signs of AF playing, but they played 2014 and 2017, so 2020 doesnt look soon for primavera standards. Also Tame Impala are playing every 3 years the last decade. And 2020 is the 10th anniversary of 'The suburbs'. Anyway, we ll know everything soon i guess.

It is too soon as in 2017 they did a special concert in the round so it’s not quite the same as tame impala.

And they don’t have a new album coming. I suspect Tame Impala were booked on the understanding of a new album which got delayed.

2 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Since the ticket sales STOPS, the lineup have to come within some days after 7th? It would be sooo strange to just stop selling tickets for more than a week.

No, they are stopping because they got so many negative responses regarding their pricing strategy (higher prices and still no Line-Up). Many blind buyers felt betrayed with the poster last year. They just can‘t move on with 195 € and release the poster at the end of January as usual. Social media would be a nightmare for them in the following weeks.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Since the ticket sales STOPS, the lineup have to come within some days after 7th? It would be sooo strange to just stop selling tickets for more than a week.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

They could release it on the 20th at 20.20 to really push the whole Twenty Twenty thing.

I agree with Martin, no way they stop the sells for more than a few days. certainly not till the 20th.

I go with the 8th