Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I thought Christmas Eve was the day they open their presents?

As far as I know, traditionally are only opened on the 6th of Janurary, but because of influences from elsewhere, some presents may be given on December 24th/25th. The video however should definitely refer to the 6th of Jan. Guess we have our date.

More guesses: The foto with the guy is, as people in Foros pointed out, the place where The Strokes where revealed for 2015. If I am not mistaken, he is looking upwards onto where the billboard was. Could be a hint of a return of The Strokes.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quadrophobia said:

As far as I know, traditionally are only opened on the 6th of Janurary, but because of influences from elsewhere, some presents may be given on December 24th/25th. The video however should definitely refer to the 6th of Jan. Guess we have our date.

More guesses: The foto with the guy is, as people in Foros pointed out, the place where The Strokes where revealed for 2015. If I am not mistaken, he is looking upwards onto where the billboard was. Could be a hint of a return of The Strokes.

Possible but that would be a very subtle hint, perhaps too subtle. 

I guess it depends on when their tour is on whether they play Mad Cool or Primavera.

I imagine the former, particularly as there was a poster doing the rounds with them on it.

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

https://www.spain.info/en_GB/reportajes/la_magica_espera_de_los_reyes_magos.html

6 Jan definitely line up day, which is less than a fortnight away now.

As if there were any doubt, on 7 Jan prices go up.

I am not so sure.

This year the prices went up on the 8th of January, too (7th is the last day to buy tickets at the current price 2020) and it was not connected to the line-up reveal. I guess this is timed to when people in Spain might be able to spend money on tickets.

I guess the poster will be released on 21th of January, classic Primavera stuff. Maybe they are giving us Lana Del Rey on Los Reyes Day on the billboard.

4 minutes ago, Createur said:

I am not so sure.

This year the prices went up on the 8th of January, too (7th is the last day to buy tickets at the current price 2020) and it was not connected to the line-up reveal. I guess this is timed to when people in Spain might be able to spend money on tickets.

I guess the poster will be released on 21th of January, classic Primavera stuff. Maybe they are giving us Lana Del Rey on Los Reyes Day on the billboard.

Lana del Rey is no longer an interesting announcement, having already been announced elsewhere and is playing small festivals like We Love Green. 
I suppose they could announce one name but would have to be someone more impactful.

Much more likely they drop the whole poster.

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Lana del Rey is no longer an interesting announcement, having already been announced elsewhere and is playing small festivals like We Love Green. 
I suppose they could announce one name but would have to be someone more impactful.

Much more likely they drop the whole poster.

Was mentioning her because of her name ;)

I don't believe that anyone gets confirmed on Los Reyes Day.

If you look at the prices of 2016 (or 2017) it was exactly the same (poster came on 21st), the 8th seems to be a date they want the prices to go up like this year (and next year). It's clearly an economical decision and not related to the poster release.

- 145€: From 19th June until the 4th November 2015
- 160€: From the 5th November 2015 until the 7th January 2016
- 175€: From the 8th January 2016 until the presentation of the line-up
- 185€: After the presentation of the line-up until 4th May 2016
- 195€: From 5th May 2016 until the start of the festival

FULL FESTIVAL TICKETS SOLD OUT!

- 145€ until 12 pm on 22nd June.
- 175€ from 12:01 pm on 22nd June until 7th January 2017
- 195€ from 8th January 2017 until line up is announced
- 215€ after line-up announcement and until festival

Edited by Createur

Meridiano de Zürich, post-rock band from Chile looks likely given that they play Dunk festival in late May and that Chile is one of the countries to showcase at Primavera Pro. 

Other post-rock possibilities are We Lost the Sea and Solkyri both from Australia. They have a joint show in Toulouse on June 3rd and We Lost the Sea then play in London on the 7th. 

1 hour ago, Createur said:

If you look at the prices of 2016 (or 2017) it was exactly the same (poster came on 21st), the 8th seems to be a date they want the prices to go up like this year (and next year). It's clearly an economical decision and not related to the poster release.

Ha hasn’t made the Rey/ Reyes connection  somehow and good forensic analysis!

1 hour ago, Createur said:

However, there is much more than just the increase of the price that hints at early January. In those years (f.e.) 2018, where the line up arrived in late January, there was no coordinated PR campaign before the New Year. This year, we have a teaser-trailer that unambigously connects christmas to the line up. Producing an entire trailer for nothing would be pretty absurd PR-wise. Paying money for publicity without cashing it in is pointless.
Moreover, there has to be something that holds back the poster release, as Gabi wanted it out already. Typically, such things include bands that do not yet want to announce their tours (AM 2018) or other festivals that have initiative rights. Early January happens to be when Coachella traditionally announces their line up, a festival that always holds initiative rights. A January 6th announcement seems likely, not just because of the price release, but because of all the circumstances.

Edit: There seems to be a similar situation with Government Ball in New York that shares the date with Primavera. They generally share a big name or two with Coachella and release their line up a couple of days after them. They also produced a series of teasers for their announcment.  

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

However, there is much more than just the increase of the price that hints at early January. In those years (f.e.) 2018, where the line up arrived in late January, there was no coordinated PR campaign before the New Year. This year, we have a teaser-trailer that unambigously connects christmas to the line up. Producing an entire trailer for nothing would be pretty absurd PR-wise. Paying money for publicity without cashing it in is pointless.

There has been an even bigger marketing campaign for 2018 and it was launched on the exact same date: 19.12.

Edited by Createur
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Createur said:

There has been an even bigger marketing campaign for 2018 and it was launched on the exact same date: 19.12.

You're right. I somehow remembered it as being for 2017. 

I still believe the christmas theme creates expectations which not to fulfil could be problmatic for them.

Edited by Quadrophobia

18 hours ago, young_contra said:

patience

16 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah if they release it the same month as they have for years and years (and only five months before the festival), they are obviously showing total contempt for us.

Oops I was only joking about the recent attitudes towards the lack of announcement. My bad sense of humor doesn’t always translate well on these forums hahah.

Edited by Hannah990
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

There is zero chance AF will play.

They played a very high profile set (together with a high profile secret set to launch the new album) recently at Primavera and they haven't got a new album to promote and they won't do a 16th anniversary set of Funeral.

No signs of AF playing, but they played 2014 and 2017, so 2020 doesnt look soon for primavera standards. Also Tame Impala are playing every 3 years the last decade. And 2020 is the 10th anniversary of 'The suburbs'. Anyway, we ll know everything soon i guess.